Hollowpoint Kiss - August 13 - 15 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't they like to troll us at the end of seasons with Rags or Loki rewards? I feel like the last 2 seasons were like that. No one actually wants them but they'll play because it's the end of the season and they want to ensure placement.

I figure it helps them artificially inflate usage on PVP's they know no one likes...
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have six 3* characters now (hopefully seven by end of hot shots) but only a single cover for each of them so I'd be delighted if it could be any of them quite honestly!
  • orbitalint wrote:
    Don't they like to troll us at the end of seasons with Rags or Loki rewards? I feel like the last 2 seasons were like that. No one actually wants them but they'll play because it's the end of the season and they want to ensure placement.

I figure it helps them artificially inflate usage on PVP's they know no one likes...

This, which is why we have GSBW now and will have nothing exciting after that.

That said, lots of good rewards this season, no complaints about having 2 stinkers (and IW) at the end.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    I don't think I've seen a single hulk reward from an event since I started playing pvp. Perhaps there was, but I was still in 1*'s and just don't remember, but that is quite a stretch. He's kinda gotta be due soon...

Not that getting just one more cover of any color (about all i can achieve in a pvp after all these changes) is going to help him much with his current 2/1/2 coverage. At least it'd be another baby-step in the right direction...

Not a big fan of hollowpoint Kiss though. Removing the OBW option from my already limited 2* roster options always makes it tougher. It also makes my 2/2/0 GSBW tank more colors than I'd like (even if its only 1 color icon_lol.gif ), which ends up meaning lots of using the loaner while she revives/ heals. At this point in the transitioner's game, the best use of the loaner is to tank a big hit so the rest of the team can carry on anyway I guess. This event makes me wish I had space for M.hawkie and tinytorch... maybe even moonie.
  • I don't think I've seen a single hulk reward from an event since I started playing pvp. Perhaps there was, but I was still in 1*'s and just don't remember, but that is quite a stretch. He's kinda gotta be due soon...

Not that getting just one more cover of any color (about all i can achieve in a pvp after all these changes) is going to help him much with his current 2/1/2 coverage. At least it'd be another baby-step in the right direction...

Not a big fan of hollowpoint Kiss though. Removing the OBW option from my already limited 2* roster options always makes it tougher. It also makes my 2/2/0 GSBW tank more colors than I'd like (even if its only 1 color icon_lol.gif ), which ends up meaning lots of using the loaner while she revives/ heals. At this point in the transitioner's game, the best use of the loaner is to tank a big hit so the rest of the team can carry on anyway I guess. This event makes me wish I had space for M.hawkie and tinytorch... maybe even moonie.

The last time he was a PVP reward was right before the last Hulk tourney, which was before season 1. So we're talking 4+ months here.

The reason he isn't rewarded more often is that rewards usually are tied to the next PVP and a Hulk PVP is a bloodbath under normal circumstances. And then they did the level boost, which means a fully leveled Hulk will now be in the 249 range.

A level 249 Hulk is NOT something anyone really wants to face for 2.5 days straight.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Definitely agree. I'm hoping maybe the last PVP of the season will reward Hulk and they do another test PVP like Balance of Power before a new season (I still need 2 more black gosh darnit!). Wipe the slate clean and start with whoever you want for Season 5...completely gets around the Hulk PVP all together.

Wishful thinking though.
  • Black hulk or red cmags on the bottom, please! I could handle panther too, but I'd rather face a 249 hulk than a 249 panther with a rage of the panther TU (because you know they'll all have one)
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    orbitalint wrote:

Depends both Season 1 & 3 ended with Krakadoom events (with God of Lies towards the end) Season 2 ended on Lord Of Thunder. So far this Season has been much closer to 2 than the others (mostly mediocre to good rewards).
  • hurcules wrote:
    How about Nick Fury?? Come on D3P/Demiurge, get him introduced properly into PvP rewards already!

Oh man, if they were doing fury they would wait till the last PVP of the season and it would be brutal.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    How about Nick Fury?? Come on D3P/Demiurge, get him introduced properly into PvP rewards already!

Oh man, if they were doing fury they would wait till the last PVP of the season and it would be brutal.
    They'll introduce Fury in PVE first.
  • I'd love some Laken or Sentry covers but that would mean either of the as featured PvP character and endless Laken/Sentry combos everywhere. Soooo, maybe not. icon_e_smile.gif

Actually She-Hulk or Captain Marvel would be great. But iirc we already had a Cap.Marvel pvp for this season, so... She-Hulk and her blue as lowest cover prize, please!
  • Enoc99
    Enoc99 Posts: 141
    Options
    Looks like it's spiderman rewards.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Yep... spidey.

D3: "lulz, trolled"
  • The only cover being offered at any stage of this thing I'd have any use for is the green X-Force at 1300, and 1) I'm not spending 600 hp shieldhopping to get it, and 2) saying I need it is really, really stretching the term need. Looks like it'll be another 75 hp for a three-hour at the end Friday.
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I expect Spiderman covers, because he will undoubtedly be the featured character in the upcoming PVE.

SpyGpWO.jpg
  • SPIDERMAN? ****? YOU JUST GAVE THOSE OUT IN PVE AND YES I AM YELLING!!!!!!!!
  • I look at it as a vacation. I was wondering whether it was going to be worth the effort to push for top 50 for the season and I'm being aggressively told that it won't be.
  • Did they not JUST TINYKITTY GIVE OUT TINYKITTY SPIDEYS FOR THE LAST TINYKITTY PVE!?!?!
  • So what's the preferred spidey build - 355?
  • yep. his yellow is useless now thanks to "true stealing"