Hot Shot - Aug 12-14 - Season IV

Options
1235»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you Arkon4 of Lost Legion for hitting me at 1050 when I was about to cross 1100.
    I'm sure I was the easiest target with maxed Torch and Sentry/Hood you could find at _765_.
    Your kindness will be remembered.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm unshielding soon--going for 1300 points because my IW is 5/5/0 and looks ridiculous. I need a green cover!

Please to not hit until I cross 1300. icon_e_biggrin.gif

EDIT -- j12601, you ****. I crossed 1300, hit the accept button on my shield and was literally hit by you a half second later. I almost lost 42 points!
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Memo to myself.. Stop joining early to prepare LR.. Got bracketed not with one xman but happy 5.. icon_e_biggrin.gif Top 5 entry at 1500..So forced to play catch up.. Happy that this event ends.. Finally..
  • vudu3 wrote:
    I'm unshielding soon--going for 1300 points because my IW is 5/5/0 and looks ridiculous. I need a green cover!

Please to not hit until I cross 1300. icon_e_biggrin.gif

EDIT -- j12601, you ****. I crossed 1300, hit the accept button on my shield and was literally hit by you a half second later. I almost lost 42 points!

Whoops, sorry about that. icon_e_smile.gif I generally don't check the forums while I'm pushing. I usually skip you when you come up, but this time you were worth huge points and since you came up after a queue of equally large pointed xfolks, I figured you were probably shielded like they were, and just in my queued up area. Glad you got the shield up.
  • Amazeballs
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Yeah, it feels like the magical 'mmr off' line is closer to 600 nowadays

Definitely felt this in Cat 5. Obviously people were pushing hard for the Wade covers, but every time I crossed 600, BAM- knocked back by 166s.

My bracket has been more relaxed on scores this time around, so hopefully I can stay shielded through the end for top 25.
  • I can't believe I actually full day shielded to guarantee a top 100.... Being unshielded for the night and then a couple matches that I'd have time to do at the 3 hour to go mark might have saved me 225HP, but didn't want to risk it >_>
  • Memo to myself.. Stop joining early to prepare LR.. Got bracketed not with one xman but happy 5.. icon_e_biggrin.gif Top 5 entry at 1500..So forced to play catch up.. Happy that this event ends.. Finally..

Yeah I'm in 8th and you guys have nearly doubled my score lol, serves me right for achieving my highest pvp score ever in Weapon Tex-Mex to get lumped in with the hoppiest shielders lol
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Didn't need GSBW but needed that 1100 cover, which I was able to get last night. Shielded for the heck of it because reasons. AlexC popped up and took the #1 spot but no worries there, just need dem isos. Glad to have a quiet bracket after the last couple.
  • Well I got into a much easier bracket than normally managed to finish top 5 with just over 1K points.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since I didn't need any covers this event (from either progression or placement rewards) I decided to save my HP and see how high I could get without using any shields. Managed to hit 1018, which was good for 3rd in my bracket. icon_e_smile.gif

I climbed up from about 700 to 900 in the last hour and a half, then hit 3 high point matches in the last 8 minutes to hit 1018. My takeaway from this is that very few people want to fight a maxed Torch / Hood team (with either lazyDaken or Hulk as the third.)
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I managed second place at 1,380--only a measly 480 points behind Worldrunner. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Managed 1100+ in _literally_ the last second, lol.
    Got the "your points will count one day" message, but the cover popped and it shows on the leaderboard.

I _might_ want to do this a minute earlier next time lol.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    1 point short of placing 25th. Same score as 25th place, who was shielded at 715. Highest I've placed all season. Last 1m before event end I was trying to find someone worth more than 23, but ended up taking the 23 pts since a c.storm mnmags team came up and I was running out of time to skip.

Thanks to the pvp buddy that kept attacking me for <20 so I could gain back >27 every 10 min of the last hour... and ty also for losing eventually for a 25pt bonus on top of that. Still, wish I could have used my limited roster and healthpacks on fights for pure points instead of constant retaliation. I might have just slipped into top 25...
  • Top 5 with 916 points. Nice to have an easy bracket for once after the slaughter that were my Storm and Deadpool brackets.
  • vudu3 wrote:
    I managed second place at 1,380--only a measly 480 points behind Worldrunner. icon_mrgreen.gif

Sorry bro icon_e_wink.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Top 5 with 916 points. Nice to have an easy bracket for once after the slaughter that were my Storm and Deadpool brackets.
    I am cross-country traveling today in the worst way imaginable so I shielded at *just* 920 this morning and left it alone. Open it up a bit ago to find I somehow stayed top 5 with that (well had a defensive win for 17 pts too). Only needed the purple widow, but not gonna complain about those sweet sweet isos.