Hot Shot - Aug 12-14 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• Amazeballs
    Options
    Hahaha I just have to laugh because while skipping opponents to look for points, I've all of a sudden run into maxed rosters from forumites, SHIELD, X-Men, and others. I have one 3* at 153 and all other characters are lower.

Woo yeah, MMR! Working as intended!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Amazeballs wrote:
    Hahaha I just have to laugh because while skipping opponents to look for points, I've all of a sudden run into maxed rosters from forumites, SHIELD, X-Men, and others. I have one 3* at 153 and all other characters are lower.

Let me guess, you crossed 700?
    Because that's where you'll see maxed rosters.
    So yes, MMR _is_ working as intended above 700.

If you're below 700 then yeah, you need to tank some.
  • Amazeballs
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Amazeballs wrote:

I was actually talking to my alliance earlier about how I need to tweak my tanking skills (LRs not a good of a source as they used to be ha). Been floating in the 600s, so the maxed rosters came a bit sooner than I'm used to.

Going to tank my whole roster of 39 in simulator after I shield up for pvp icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Amazeballs wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Amazeballs wrote:

I was actually talking to my alliance earlier about how I need to tweak my tanking skills (LRs not a good of a source as they used to be ha). Been floating in the 600s, so the maxed rosters came a bit sooner than I'm used to.

Going to tank my whole roster of 39 in simulator after I shield up for pvp icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Yeah, that should work icon_e_wink.gif
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got the red cover I coveted so much - shielded at 1108 for the rest of the tourney, so if you see me, have at it icon_e_biggrin.gif

If I hit anyone along the way, my apologies - it was kinda slim pickings or what they were giving me...almost everyone was either in the 40's and not a good matchup for me, or in the teens and not worth it.....
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got an interesting bracket with me, nemek, and loreNYC just kinda hanging out at 700. Probably some lurkers too. Only need a single purple to finish gsbw so probably going pretty easy.
  • Malcoran wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    The X-Man really slacking in my main they are sitting in second 100 points behind first icon_e_smile.gif

What I did to you that youre attacking me? icon_cry.gif

Edit: Ok, it seem its not you. You have clone named sumilea lol icon_eek.gif

It probably was me I seem to remember your name when I was hitting everyone on my retaliation list this morning worth over 25 points. Sorry about that was not paying to much attention to names yesterday as I was in the office that late. Just hit me back again off your retaliation list I not really worried about points in this event and will only be shielded in the last 3H to avoid the horde at the end so my alliance points are not totally tanked.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it feels like the magical 'mmr off' line is closer to 600 nowadays
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I start seeing the last of my easy wins at around 600 now unless the big ones start pushing past 1200+. The Cat-5 tournament I saw 2* teams hanging around 800. Once I started moving past that then the sea of 166s happened. The lower those 166s stay overall, the lower I'm going to start seeing them. Time to get used to it.

Forgot to state, I hate this PvP. First one to ever cause me to buy health packs but that was more my mistake of taking torch to 83 instead of 82. Wasn't thinking about it since he was center spot.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I'm shielded to the end - early start means no 2AM grinding for me this time. Hit me if you see me.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I'm shielded to the end - early start means no 2AM grinding for me this time. Hit me if you see me.

i thought you were shielding after you passed me, sorry u got knocked back. happened to me 3 times to me after i hit 800, 2 times over -90 points it was harsh.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

i thought you were shielding after you passed me, sorry u got knocked back. happened to me 3 times to me after i hit 800, 2 times over -90 points it was harsh.
    I wiped on a Punisher/CMags team I should have rolled easy and got thumped for another 70 at the same time. I took the hint and called it a day.
  • Shielded till the end. Probably won't break.
  • Sumilea wrote:
    It probably was me I seem to remember your name when I was hitting everyone on my retaliation list this morning worth over 25 points. Sorry about that was not paying to much attention to names yesterday as I was in the office that late. Just hit me back again off your retaliation list I not really worried about points in this event and will only be shielded in the last 3H to avoid the horde at the end so my alliance points are not totally tanked.

I was confused cause it was showing 120 lvl Sentry when you have maxed. Anyway I will remember this icon_razz.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh look. Whales. There goes my lazy bracket.
  • Malcoran wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

I was confused cause it was showing 120 lvl Sentry when you have maxed. Anyway I will remember this icon_razz.gif

/emote searches around for a pair of asbestos underpants.......
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Went to bed feeling fairly confident I would be in the top 5 at the end with 1108...everyone behind me was unrecognizable to me and the only one I knew was still lurking below was wyp. Then I woke up to see this:

ss-2014-08-13.jpg

Not exactly filled with confidence anymore... icon_lol.gif
  • rbdragon wrote:
    Went to bed feeling fairly confident I would be in the top 5 at the end with 1108...everyone behind me was unrecognizable to me and the only one I knew was still lurking below was wyp. Then I woke up to see this:
    ss-2014-08-13.jpg

Not exactly filled with confidence anymore... icon_lol.gif

I'd lay money your score will hold for Top 5. With 6th at 941 and 3 hrs to go I'm pretty sure you're set!
  • Was pushing to 900 and then got ****-**** by a Hulk.

I think I'll be settling for top 25 on this one.

I'm shielded, so fire away if you see me. Or feel free to be nice and gift me some points.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Sitting at 1099 with a shield up until the end.

Someone please get me a point so I don't have to play that last second match! icon_lol.gif