Hot Shot - Aug 12-14 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    <.< I almost passed you in Tex-Mex but got hit right before the end. So very close but it wouldn't have changed the placement.
    Did I hit you? I try to avoid forumites that are more or less active. Sorry if I did!
    Nope, just bad luck but I watched you fall out of top 10 and climb back up in the end.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I watched you fall out of top 10 and climb back up in the end.
    Haha I cruised top 10 all over (maybe you saw me at 1st when I finally got that 1100 prog). At first I didn't want to deny Torch covers to other people, but then I decided I want to jump on the 5/3/5 bandwagon too (but without using shields after the Category-5 madness), and ended up getting black/red covers that I couldn't use. But I could use the alliance green and the 100 HP, so hope it wasn't particularly evil on my side icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hood torch is kinda fun, using DA to steal more green while using hood's black to get extra ticks out of green, even adding in tinydaken makes really damaging group.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I've been running Patch/Panther and cruising up to 500 was a breeze - apart from Torch tanking red and black so I end up using a lot of healthpacks.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hood torch is kinda fun, using DA to steal more green while using hood's black to get extra ticks out of green, even adding in tinydaken makes really damaging group.

Been using the 2* version of this, using boosted 134 2/3/2 Torch + 2Daken + OBW. Priority Green, Flame Jet, then Purple/Black. Annihilated the 2* rosters. Only ran into issue when I stupidly tried that against a lvl 100 Hulk.
  • HairyDave wrote:
    I've been running Patch/Panther and cruising up to 500 was a breeze - apart from Torch tanking red and black so I end up using a lot of healthpacks.

Same here, except my torch is too low level to tank red from my lvl166 Patch. I gotta be careful about character placement though because my BP's yellow is same damage as Patch's - always forgetting to set Patch into tank spot...

Patch + BP has become a favorite of mine recently, so I may just avoid levelling BP to keep his yellow covered - at least unless I save up enough ISO to put BP over 150 in a single shot (yeah like that's happening with all my other underleveled characters looking for ISO.)
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Transitioner here, really happy because I hope I can get an additional GBSW cover - I keep maxing out at 700 for the PVPs, so it's always just the one cover, but hey.
  • Hood torch is kinda fun, using DA to steal more green while using hood's black to get extra ticks out of green, even adding in tinydaken makes really damaging group.

Been using the 2* version of this, using boosted 134 2/3/2 Torch + 2Daken + OBW. Priority Green, Flame Jet, then Purple/Black. Annihilated the 2* rosters. Only ran into issue when I stupidly tried that against a lvl 100 Hulk.

Yeah, you definitely need a nuke to wipe out Hulk in 1, or at most 2 rounds, unless you can keep him stunned while he's taking damage - which is why CStorm + mMags should be pretty good 2* Hulk Busters.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I seem to be in a (so far) really lazy bracket for once. Sitting in first at ~750. Usually there's at least one whale up over 1200+ by now. Anyone sitting at the bottom of my bracket waiting to hop up in the next 24hrs?
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I seem to be in a (so far) really lazy bracket for once. Sitting in first at ~750. Usually there's at least one whale up over 1200+ by now. Anyone sitting at the bottom of my bracket waiting to hop up in the next 24hrs?

Don't worry, someone will pop up soon. Just about the time I start thinking I'll be able to easily take a bracket, an X-man jumps up to 1500 overnight.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    farlus wrote:

Don't worry, someone will pop up soon. Just about the time I start thinking I'll be able to easily take a bracket, an X-man jumps up to 1500 overnight.

Best part of this that there are pts to be had. How else are we gonna climb to 1100 for the Prog Reward? ^_^
  • farlus wrote:

The X-Man really slacking in my main they are sitting in second 100 points behind first icon_e_smile.gif
  • Sumilea wrote:
    The X-Man really slacking in my main they are sitting in second 100 points behind first icon_e_smile.gif

What I did to you that youre attacking me? icon_cry.gif

Edit: Ok, it seem its not you. You have clone named sumilea lol icon_eek.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcoran wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

What I did to you that youre attacking me? icon_cry.gif

Edit: Ok, it seem its not you. You have clone named sumilea lol icon_eek.gif
    Slomilea. Flomilea.

fe fi fo milia icon_lol.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Torch/cmags/hood is probably the best team on offense, all torch really needs is people to generate ap for him and hell take care of the rest, which cmags hood are the best in the game at. Daken is normally good with torch, but seems bad here since boosted torch tanks everything.
  • Torch/cmags/hood is probably the best team on offense, all torch really needs is people to generate ap for him and hell take care of the rest, which cmags hood are the best in the game at. Daken is normally good with torch, but seems bad here since boosted torch tanks everything.

But doesn't cmags red conflict with Torches best skill? I'm gonna try running im40 & hood using yellow to fuel torches red & green, with hood's ap steal and intimidation triggering recharge & flame jet

Edit: Never-mind I thought I read best defense team
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    edited August 2014
    Options
    My Patch/Panther/Torch team (all about L140) seems to be doing remarkably well on defence so far - I've had about 6 wins and no losses icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'll take a free 80 odd points anytime.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been using HT/LDaken/Hood with much success... Plays fairly quick, and even with LDaken @ 141 and Hood @ 110, I've gotten several (very small) defensive wins.....should get to 1100 tonight then will probably shield until the end....
  • Nothing to do with the event itself, but fun fact: every single run of Hotshot since the Human Torch was released had a GSBW event in a week span:

3 weeks before S1: Hollowpoint Kiss->Hotshot I-> Bad is Good
    3 pvps immediately before S1: Hotshot II->Army of One->Hollowpoint Kiss
    s3: Hotshot III->Hollowpoint Kiss-> Blind Justice
    s4: Hotshot IV-> Hollowpoint Kiss-> ???
  • So Blind Justice is upcoming?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc