Weapon Tex-Mex August 8 - 10

Options

Comments

• ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hit 1100 and I am done. Sorry if I took too many points from anyone. If you see me feel free to hit me. IGN- bean
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hit 1100 and I am done. Sorry if I took too many points from anyone. If you see me feel free to hit me. IGN- bean

I hit 1100 also, begin feasting guys! icon_lol.gif

I'll be returning pts to those I hit on the way up, etc etc. I'll climb back to Top 25 for the end.

Good luck ppl!
  • gambl0r312 wrote:

I'll be returning pts to those I hit on the way up, etc etc. I'll climb back to Top 25 for the end.

Good luck ppl!

thanks for those defensive wins, got me to 1100 lol icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    PSA time: do not underestimate CStorm/MNMags/Deadpool teams.

I knocked Storm down to about 600 HP and had enough blue and red AP on hand to Mag the team to death so I poked Patch - and watched as Deadpool jumped in front to take the hit instead of Storm so her strike tile augmented Tempest wiped about a third of my teams health away icon_cry.gif

I won, but not without losing Deadpool and leaving Mags on less than 1000 health.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    PSA time: do not underestimate CStorm/MNMags/Deadpool teams.

I knocked Storm down to about 600 HP and had enough blue and red AP on hand to Mag the team to death so I poked Patch - and watched as Deadpool jumped in front to take the hit instead of Storm so her strike tile augmented Tempest wiped about a third of my teams health away icon_cry.gif

I won, but not without losing Deadpool and leaving Mags on less than 1000 health.

Fun fact. Did you know if the entire team is pretty beat up and the enemy slaps you with an AoE that doesn't kill her, she will lay a triple smackdown on the enemy that makes injured Ares' Rampage look like a flailing kitten? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Since I don't do great in PvP recently, I decided to aim for that lower **Thor reward (I didn't keep his covers until last week). Funnily enough, I ended up in a bracket where no one seems to care about winning Torch, so grabbing that 300p token put me in 23th so far. The bracketing in this game is so strange. If I don't get destroyed during the day, I might just do a final push to the top and enjoy the spoils.
  • All I want is for the AI to stop casting World rupture when it only has 6 green. Happened to me twice in the same match. I can handle getting hit while shield hopping... That's nothing new. A cheating AI is a little much though. Worst PvP I've had since season 2... May not even win my bracket icon_lol.gif Haven't had a fellow Xmen in a bracket of mine for a long time and now there's 6 of us in the same bracket.
  • All I want is for the AI to stop casting World rupture when it only has 6 green. Happened to me twice in the same match. I can handle getting hit while shield hopping... That's nothing new. A cheating AI is a little much though. Worst PvP I've had since season 2... May not even win my bracket icon_lol.gif Haven't had a fellow Xmen in a bracket of mine for a long time and now there's 6 of us in the same bracket.

Never had this happen. Did the AI have 7 TU? Could've been a Team Up.
  • I was thinking there was probably a Hood with the Sentry. Steal green AP and use WR on the same turn.
  • May not even win my bracket icon_lol.gif

Them's the breaks. With everyone playing hard it is very difficult to play the hardest.
  • kalirion wrote:
    All I want is for the AI to stop casting World rupture when it only has 6 green. Happened to me twice in the same match. I can handle getting hit while shield hopping... That's nothing new. A cheating AI is a little much though. Worst PvP I've had since season 2... May not even win my bracket icon_lol.gif Haven't had a fellow Xmen in a bracket of mine for a long time and now there's 6 of us in the same bracket.

Never had this happen. Did the AI have 7 TU? Could've been a Team Up.

No no... It was definitely a standard rupture from the AI. I've heard others complain about it and I've seen it once before MANY months ago (Loki doing illusions with only 2 ap)

Both times rupture was cast it only cost the AI 6 green according to the game. Tried snapping a screenshot but was too late.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:

Good luck ppl!
    I was wondering what happened to you
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No no... It was definitely a standard rupture from the AI. I've heard others complain about it and I've seen it once before MANY months ago (Loki doing illusions with only 2 ap)

Both times rupture was cast it only cost the AI 6 green according to the game. Tried snapping a screenshot but was too late.
    After casting WR did the AI make a match-four that resulted in a single green tile being cleared? If so, that would show up as a -6 even though it's technically -7, +1.

Same goes for Loki's Illusions--if it results in a purple match-three it will show up as -2 even though it's really -5, +3.
  • vudu3 wrote:

After casting WR did the AI make a match-four that resulted in a single green tile being cleared? If so, that would show up as a -6 even though it's technically -7, +1.

Same goes for Loki's Illusions--if it results in a purple match-three it will show up as -2 even though it's really -5, +3.

I don't remember honestly. HOWEVER... The time that Loki cast illusions I had looked at the enemies AP because I was worried about Ag Recon and they definitely had 2 AP.

This time I didn't look so I can't be 100%. Also I wasn't going to make a big deal about it because I can't prove it. Other people have complained about it happening though and have claimed to have looked at the AP before it happened. Who knows... Moving on icon_e_smile.gif Thanks for explaining that though... Don't think I was aware of that stuff.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Done for this tourney, shielded through the end.
    Hit me if you run out of 45+ targets icon_e_wink.gif
  • Ran up to 928 and shielded for the duration. The run from 692 to 928 was absolute torture - I was hit for probably 150 points during it, and I think I had exactly one match over 25 points (the average was probably about 22). About 15 matches using 3-4 different teams. And the token at 900 turned out to be worthless, as usual.

I hope I didn't hit anyone here - I hit a couple of people (at least) twice, just because I couldn't find any decent matches. I'd feel worse about it if I wasn't being hit for 49 points at the same time. I hate PVP; have I mentioned that before?

In any case, feel free to hit me. I'm not unshielding. The 1:00 am end times have probably ended shield hopping for me. I was willing to stay up to midnight occasionally; the extra hour is just too much.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Ran up to 928 and shielded for the duration. The run from 692 to 928 was absolute torture - I was hit for probably 150 points during it, and I think I had exactly one match over 25 points (the average was probably about 22). About 15 matches using 3-4 different teams. And the token at 900 turned out to be worthless, as usual.

I hope I didn't hit anyone here - I hit a couple of people (at least) twice, just because I couldn't find any decent matches. I'd feel worse about it if I wasn't being hit for 49 points at the same time. I hate PVP; have I mentioned that before?

In any case, feel free to hit me. I'm not unshielding. The 1:00 am end times have probably ended shield hopping for me. I was willing to stay up to midnight occasionally; the extra hour is just too much.
    My climb earlier today to 1100 was very quiet.

As for end times, I agree that the shift has affected my play style. 1 am is tough for me to sustain and be a dad. I wonder if they will keep creeping end times later each season in an attempt to respond to the issue of non North American time zones. ..
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I haven't even hit 700 yet - I seem to be a popular target so I've been getting slapped down as fast as I rise up the leaderboard.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Ran up to 928 and shielded for the duration. The run from 692 to 928 was absolute torture - I was hit for probably 150 points during it, and I think I had exactly one match over 25 points (the average was probably about 22). About 15 matches using 3-4 different teams. And the token at 900 turned out to be worthless, as usual.

My climb to 1000 (before first shield) was actually easy. I got only one hit (from Rico Dredd) and was smooth sailing all the way till 1000.

I pop up 1 8hr shield for the night, and this morning, sentry blitz 3 targets to reach 1100, and am now shielded till end of event.

I suspect the crucial factor is 1) time of push relative to end of pvp and 2) time of push relative to 'traffic'. I started climbing at a specific timing (which worked this time but not for all pvp). That helped a lot icon_e_smile.gif
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    another easy bracket, managed to hit 1233 before i shielded(highest ever!) and i'm in the lead by exactly 50 points over a 5DV, Thor/BP/Deadpool is the best rainbow team in the game in my opinion.