Weapon Tex-Mex August 8 - 10

Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have 3 X-Men and 1 5 deadly venoms in my bracket and some poor player shielded at 500 points. Their best cover is C-Storm level 80. They are so wasting HP and it makes me feel bad for them icon_e_sad.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    My question is will this be a blood bath to get the 1100 reward for Deadpool or will people stop at 1100 because they don't need or want torch. I just hit 1100 for the first time in Cat-5 so I hoe I can place well in this one.
    It shouldn't be as bad as Cat-5. Personally, I've got a 5/4/4 Torch, so I'll just be going for the 1100 prog cover, which should be enough for T10.

Congrats on hitting 1100, by the way! Be warned that with less insane point inflation, there won't be quite as many juicy targets, though if you're only going for 1100, you shouldn't see much of a difference.

Good luck with that bracket, though. With 3 X-Men and 1 5DV already visible, chances are that a couple more heavies are lurking in your bracket, which would make T5 quite difficult.
    Bloodbath. Only because I think The X-Men have transcended the game and are only competing to see if X-Men or X-Men 2 will place #1 this season.
    transcended? haha, i wanna battle them but the game wont let me create my own alliannce
    Yes, that's what happens when you cheat and get caught.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Any one what to guess what top 5 PVP score will be? Over under on 1100?
    Pah, 1100 isn't even enough for top 10!

Spoit, have you joined yet? You seem to have the kiss of death like me so I want to avoid any bracket you are in icon_e_smile.gif
    Yeah, I joined last night to see if joining 2 days out is better
  • So, what is a tex mex? icon_e_biggrin.gif texas mexico?
  • iPulzzz wrote:
    So, what is a tex mex? icon_e_biggrin.gif texas mexico?

It's a fusion cuisine, basically Mexican food as interpreted through Texas. It's probably the most common form of Mexican food you see in much of the US (aside from much of the West), though some more authentic Mexican restaurants are starting to become more common.
  • HailMary
    Options
    iPulzzz wrote:
    It's what Americans generally believe to be "Mexican food," e.g. burritos, chimichangas, and other variations on a tortilla with cheese, meat, or vegetables.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    iPulzzz wrote:

It's a fusion cuisine, basically Mexican food as interpreted through Texas. It's probably the most common form of Mexican food you see in much of the US (aside from much of the West), though some more authentic Mexican restaurants are starting to become more common.

I don't like this implication that Tex-Mex isn't authentic - it's real Texan food and the beans/meat/cheese/tortilla dishes have been that region's cuisine since back when Texas was part of Mexico. Sure the chimichanga isn't a traditional dish, but I bet if they had deep fat fryers a few hundred years ago it would have been. There are just not a lot of fast food places serving mole out there to lower the opinion of those more southern Mexican dishes.
  • Ryz-aus wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    iPulzzz wrote:

I don't like this implication that Tex-Mex isn't authentic - it's real Texan food and the beans/meat/cheese/tortilla dishes have been that region's cuisine since back when Texas was part of Mexico. Sure the chimichanga isn't a traditional dish, but I bet if they had deep fat fryers a few hundred years ago it would have been. There are just not a lot of fast food places serving mole out there to lower the opinion of those more southern Mexican dishes.

I didn't mean to imply it isn't authentic (it sometimes is, sometimes isn't, like most cuisines), but that it is distinct from the food you'll find in Mexico. Most of the places in the US calling themselves "Mexican" are really Tex-Mex, and they should call themselves that. Texas hasn't been part of Mexico for 170 years - Poland was part of the Russian Empire more recently than that, but you wouldn't call Polish food Russian.
  • Ryz-aus
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I didn't mean to imply it isn't authentic (it sometimes is, sometimes isn't, like most cuisines), but that it is distinct from the food you'll find in Mexico. Most of the places in the US calling themselves "Mexican" are really Tex-Mex, and they should call themselves that. Texas hasn't been part of Mexico for 170 years - Poland was part of the Russian Empire more recently than that, but you wouldn't call Polish food Russian.

No worries. I'm in australia, so I take whatever kind of Mexican I can get (mainly cal-mex). Polish food is a bit different - one because I don't eat it and know absolutely nothing about it other than it consists of meat and things stuffed with meat (sorry Malcoran, that's my stereotype and I'm sticking with it!), and two because I think (with no actual evidence) traditional polish dishes stem back further than the Russian times as well. Most Mexican food we eat today doesn't go all the way back to the Mayans and Aztecs - it is all heavily influenced by the Spanish.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Ben you just popped up in my que for 23 points. I skipped you!!
  • Ah I get it.. So instead of being weapon X, wade become weapon of texas mexican food.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • This is probably jinxing it, but the RNG has been really friendly to me last few fights. It's always surprising to look at my AP numbers after 2-3 cascades and see that I have enough for a Berserker Rage, Rage of the Panther, and Whales!
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Is it just me or has the confirmation bias cascading been turned up to eleven? I've seen some ludicrous cascades going on - for and against me. Played a match against a Patchneto team that got at least seven more matches off the initial match-3 at one point.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The worst thing I see is when there are two match 4s and I got one and the AI hits the other and cause a massive cascade. It's gets bad at times where it will happen if a match three in the area in which I make a match 4 along the top of the screen. Started debating between making single match 4s and turning them into a match 3 instead.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know I hit Psykopathic, GuntherBloebel, and The Valeyard on the way up. Thank you for pts as I am trying to make it to that all important 1100 Progression level. Hoping you all were shielded! icon_redface.gif

I'm shielded for a bit since I'm out of health packs, only 103 pts away from the 1100. After that you guys can feast on my remains icon_lol.gif

Hit me up now since my points are high and I'm shielded. Afterwards I'm only looking @ Top 25 so my pts will be lower as I get hit after that 1100.

Good luck forumites!
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Boefje83 wrote:
    Did they have to make green top5....
    Think this means my torch wil remain greenless...
    Don't you have an alliance?

We started one that we planned on expanding with friends,
    but now only 2 of us are really playing.
    So now we need to find a new alliance
  • HailMary
    Options
    Boefje83 wrote:
    We started one that we planned on expanding with friends,
    but now only 2 of us are really playing.
    So now we need to find a new alliance
    Just in case you don't already know about it: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5159&start=1960
  • Ryz-aus wrote:
    No worries. I'm in australia, so I take whatever kind of Mexican I can get (mainly cal-mex). Polish food is a bit different - one because I don't eat it and know absolutely nothing about it other than it consists of meat and things stuffed with meat (sorry Malcoran, that's my stereotype and I'm sticking with it!), and two because I think (with no actual evidence) traditional polish dishes stem back further than the Russian times as well. Most Mexican food we eat today doesn't go all the way back to the Mayans and Aztecs - it is all heavily influenced by the Spanish.

Dont worry mate, opinion from descendant of criminalist isnt important to me icon_cool.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYrd8zda_Jo
  • Ryz-aus
    Options
    Malcoran wrote:

Dont worry mate, opinion from descendant of criminalist isnt important to me icon_cool.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYrd8zda_Jo

Ahh.. I was basing my opinions on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa-mHc51SJo. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • wymtime wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Ben you just popped up in my que for 23 points. I skipped you!!

Thanks. I hope I didn't hit you.