Options
124»

Comments

• kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    That's why I skipped it, fear that it would have sharding too

Called it on the 1st page. It's ridiculous how veterans keep getting punished for playing well.

It's funny how they used "not having to play as much" as a justification for true healing and then reintroduce the s1 ending sharding which does the opposite of that as you have to monitor your leaderboards and shield hop more just to get decent placement.
  • locked wrote:
    So, the cost of shields was the same, right? 75-150-300, only the shields are much shorter themselves: 30 minutes - an hour - whatever. If so, 225 HP for a guaranteed cover here. Sorry about catching you unshielded, reckless.

50-100-200 which was good for my first shield hop tryout since each 30 minutes cost 50 hero points

Same cost as Lightning Rounds except those are 15 minute/30/1hr
  • locked wrote:
    Hope GodDangIt needed Mororo green, even though her best build seems to be 3/5/5, and did not take 1st just for the sake of getting 1st icon_e_biggrin.gif As soon as I saw yellow which I needed one of, I was glad I didn't have to fight for 1st if I entered.

I am still a prime believer in a 553 storm. And my storm would be 553 assuming it get the 1100 placement reward in Cat-5.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Justdangit wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Hope GodDangIt needed Mororo green, even though her best build seems to be 3/5/5, and did not take 1st just for the sake of getting 1st icon_e_biggrin.gif As soon as I saw yellow which I needed one of, I was glad I didn't have to fight for 1st if I entered.

I am still a prime believer in a 553 storm. And my storm would be 553 assuming it get the 1100 placement reward in Cat-5.
    Grats then on a well-deserved placement. I was suspecting you wouldn't put up with 2nd as your Mororo already had 5 yellow icon_e_biggrin.gif I barely use her green but not because it's a weak power, it's just it's so easily eclipsed by a ton of other 3* abilities, alas. Her black is nicely anti-Sentry.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two people fighting it out got to 802 and 765; 3rd place and on topped out at 584. I had less time available then I expected today so I only managed to get to Top 5, partly from time, partly from my Daken still being a bit too fragile.
  • I got top 5 and only spent 50 on shields, so I ended up netting a few thousand ISO for the 150 HP entry fee.

Probably not the most cost effective thing, but it helped me seriously level my LazyDaken and that will be a great thing for PVPs.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    That's why I skipped it, fear that it would have sharding too
    I'm not even sure it's sharding. If 50 heavies decide to wait until the last 45 minutes, that's what you get.
    I only entered because I needed the yellow cover. Oh well.
    This. I entered the last 45 mins as well and recognized almost every name in top 10 from here.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the event reward structure needs to be slightly more aggressive.
    Especially when you consider that practically everyone will shield in the events as well.

Currently only the 1st and 2nd play rewards are truly enticing.
    My suggested changes are really for the HP rewards only so that people can feel they got their purchase worth.
    I'll illustrate this below.

Event Rewards:
    1st Place: Mohawk Storm, Green/Yellow, 2000 ISO, 250HP
    2nd Place: Mohawk Storm, Yellow, 1500 ISO, 200HP
    Top 5: Heroic Token x3, 1000 ISO, 150HP
    Top 10: Heroic Token x2, 1000 ISO, 100HP
    Top 20: Heroic Token x2, 500 ISO, 50HP
    Top 35: Heroic Token, 500 ISO, 25HP
    Top 52: Heroic Token, 250 ISO

Now you have a system where the top 5 people get their money back.
    The top 10 players are likely going to be reasonably satisfied and the rest are a bit more victim to luck of the draw.

This reward structure would bring in more interest for the event but also lead to more HP spending as people shield in the event itself.
    Seems like a win/win for players and MPQ.

Something to consider.
  • They should also change the progression rewards to include things like boosts, event tokens and hero points to entice more players to consider taking the plunge