Top Gun - Buy-In Tournament

Options

Comments

• IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    Might have considered joining, but the timing is just bad. I will not detract from my 1100 Category 5 goal for a chance at only TWO covers (one of which icon_e_biggrin.gif I no longer need).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So how many points did it take for you guys who placed?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    AArrgg, quite literally last 10 seconds i get hit for 2nd place. Guess i should've shielded but with less than a minute to go figured i was safe. Sigh.. I dont even need her yellow. What a waste of time. icon_e_sad.gif finished with 724. 760 won it.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Hope GodDangIt needed Mororo green, even though her best build seems to be 3/5/5, and did not take 1st just for the sake of getting 1st icon_e_biggrin.gif As soon as I saw yellow which I needed one of, I was glad I didn't have to fight for 1st if I entered.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If they run events like this, would it be more practical to only give out cover rewards, maybe including the 150 hp buy in for first. This would encourage people who actually need the covers instead of everyone.

Those with max rosters who enter these for the iso/hp rewards are once again just stepping on those of us transitioning
  • over_clocked
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    1st had 802 points and I in 2nd, 762 points. I saw reckless have some 860+ points after I shielded up.
    Spent 150 HP to enter (my first buy-in! woo!), and whatever HP on one 30 minutes shield (didn't actually look). Did not buy anything else for HP, but did spend some of my precious 3+ all stockpile boosts.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    #3 at 631. Missed #2 by just a few seconds cause AI hit my Strike tile with a match 4. That's becoming frequent at the last second of PvP.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Gave in and joined this. Ended up taking 1st with 713. 2nd had been shielded for the last 3 hours I think, had some wins on D, and finished at 644.

Didn't shield so I ended up making 100 HP, picking up the yellow cover I needed, and at least 2k ISO. Not sure what to do with the green cover.

Mororo is currently at 441 before I apply covers. Definitely going to 451, but is 355 the better build now, or is 454 viable? I've got 6 days to decide I guess.

I did spend 30k+ adding 20 levels to Falcon to get him up to 140. I could max him, but he's built 454 right now...really rather have another yellow before he gets any more ISO loving.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You could just throw the green on there and respect later. 5 green still gives you a good chunk of AP for the cost.
  • You could just throw the green on there and respect later. 5 green still gives you a good chunk of AP for the cost.

Maybe I'll do that. It's just 500 ISO and might come in handy even at level 80, which is where she stays for long time.
  • First had 539, second 524, and I had 3rd with 404.

Got purple Daken 3*, Red hulk, and red moonstone so not terrible for my first buy in.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    1st had 802 points and I in 2nd, 762 points. I saw reckless have some 860+ points after I shielded up.
    Spent 150 HP to enter (my first buy-in! woo!), and 75 HP on one 30 minutes shield. Did not buy anything else for HP, but did spend some of my precious 3+ all stockpile boosts.
    Ours was insane. Psyko ended with 916 or so for the win. I was right with him until you hit me with 10 minutes left when I was unshielded. Then I tanked down because I preferred to get three heroic tokens than one storm cover.
  • locked wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Spent 150 HP to enter (my first buy-in! woo!), and 75 HP on one 30 minutes shield. Did not buy anything else for HP, but did spend some of my precious 3+ all stockpile boosts.
    Ours was insane. Psyko ended with 916 or so for the win. I was right with him until you hit me with 10 minutes left when I was unshielded. Then I tanked down because I preferred to get three heroic tokens than one storm cover.

we had a good lil battle reckless. icon_e_smile.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    You could just throw the green on there and respect later. 5 green still gives you a good chunk of AP for the cost.

Maybe I'll do that. It's just 500 ISO and might come in handy even at level 80, which is where she stays for long time.
    Which is where mine's stopping. She's only tanking black paired my L140ish Patchneto.
  • Finished first with 676 points, used a 150 hero points for my first attempt at shield hopping, 2nd had 580points
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Started with 45 mins left and got into a crazy bracket. My game even froze mid climb and I had to close it via task manager! >< Was hoping for yellow Storm, but I got 750 iso from tokens. Was fun though!

D0CLH5El.jpg
  • over_clocked
    Options
    So, the cost of shields was the same, right? 75-150-300, only the shields are much shorter themselves: 30 minutes - an hour - whatever. If so, 225 HP for a guaranteed cover here. Sorry about catching you unshielded, reckless.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DuckyV wrote:
    Started with 45 mins left and got into a crazy bracket. My game even froze mid climb and I had to close it via task manager! >< Was hoping for yellow Storm, but I got 750 iso from tokens. Was fun though!

D0CLH5El.jpg
    Yeah, I was in there at #11, 1 point behind #10.
    *sigh*
    Never again.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's why I skipped it, fear that it would have sharding too
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    That's why I skipped it, fear that it would have sharding too
    I'm not even sure it's sharding. If 50 heavies decide to wait until the last 45 minutes, that's what you get.
    I only entered because I needed the yellow cover. Oh well.