Category-5 - Aug 6-8 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sometimes things are weird.. I got 3 guys from top teams in my bracket.. Xmen.. Chaos rising and 5da.. I was expecting some sniping from xmen with all the beef i got with them lately.. But not.. It hasnt happened.. He played fair.. Thats the second time today that i went against an xmen (the first was kakko in LR) and i found it entertaining.. On the other hand the 5da and chaos rising tried to snipe me everytime i unshielded.. Way to go gentlemen.. I wont bemoan.. Its part of the game but it didnt go unnoticed..
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ariakos wrote:
    I leveled my 3* Storm to 102 (soft-capped) and now when she's boosted to lvl153 she takes yellow and purple from my lvl166 Patch who has only red & green left for Best There Is. So yeah, maybe I shouldn't have leveled her with that purple quick button but instead take 5mins to slowly raise her to optimal level... since my Patchneto is not the most optimal choice and Dakentry don't have enough levels yet, I've resorted to mainly run Lthor/Cmags. It works, but tile-tanking Patch would have lasted longer... icon_e_sad.gif
    Patch also tanks TUAP. I leveled my Mororo a bit too much, she tanks purple and yellow as well, but Patchneto are still one of the most optimal 3* matchups for her.
  • Zhirrzh wrote:
    Climbed up to 500 yesterday, didn't shield, 12-14 hours later my team was down to 298. Seems like a pretty competitive one to me. I'll try to climb as far as I can later before shielding, but man I would prefer to be doing that from a higher point total than this!

What did you leave out on defense? That seems excessive.
  • Stalker7 and Maestro, my 5dv bracket buddies. I just want top5 but you guys are killing it. I just hope I can put enough distance from #6 but damn stalker7, you are Beginning to run away with it. Good luck man.
  • Got to hand it to D3P. They put something everyone wants and making it look like a blood bath going on. Deadpool is just sitting around eating Chimi's and laughing at us.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm shielded until the end as I will have no time to play again before the end (RL is calling) , so feel free to hit me.
    ...beside, I missed the 800 reward due to bad-timed retaliation, so if you have some points to share, feel free to push me to 800 with a defensive win!! icon_razz.gif

Have fun with the end of this tourney icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    I'm shielded until the end as I will have no time to play again before the end (RL is calling) , so feel free to hit me.
    ...beside, I missed the 800 reward due to bad-timed retaliation, so if you have some points to share, feel free to push me to 800 with a defensive win!! icon_razz.gif

Well, at least you avoided my bracket icon_e_wink.gif
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Stalker7 and Maestro, my 5dv bracket buddies. I just want top5 but you guys are killing it. I just hope I can put enough distance from #6 but damn stalker7, you are Beginning to run away with it. Good luck man.
    I'm in there with you all as well. So much for top 5.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Go for the win, bean!
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    My 'go to sleep' shield expired 45 min ago.(no wins) Loaded one of my two retal fights and won to hit 721. icon_e_smile.gif

I then promptly lost the next five matches. icon_e_surprised.gif

While I was losing those, I got hit four times for another 69 points in losses. icon_eek.gif

Score at time of saying "tinykitty this kitty ****": 570. icon_redface.gif

Lesson learned today: the 1100 score is an illusion. I can never reach it. It does not exist. icon_neutral.gif
  • Just got hit by an Aggressive Recon Team-Up out of a OBW team, what?
    What do you guys think a better defensive team is. OBW and Ares or 115 Patch and 91 Magneto? Patchneto is a stronger combo but it's a lot easier to take out unharmed as long as Patch doesn't get his Green off.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    Just got hit by an Aggressive Recon Team-Up out of a OBW team, what?
    What do you guys think a better defensive team is. OBW and Ares or 115 Patch and 91 Magneto? Patchneto is a stronger combo but it's a lot easier to take out unharmed as long as Patch doesn't get his Green off.
    OBW/Ares definitely.
    I'm starting to avoid those teams with a maxed out 3* roster simply because you never come out unharmed. Bloody annoying duo when coupled with a leveled Mororo, since you basically need to take out all 3 first.
  • Sometimes things are weird.. I got 3 guys from top teams in my bracket.. Xmen.. Chaos rising and 5da.. I was expecting some sniping from xmen with all the beef i got with them lately.. But not.. It hasnt happened.. He played fair.. Thats the second time today that i went against an xmen (the first was kakko in LR) and i found it entertaining.. On the other hand the 5da and chaos rising tried to snipe me everytime i unshielded.. Way to go gentlemen.. I wont bemoan.. Its part of the game but it didnt go unnoticed..
    I'm in that bracket, and it's just frickin' dumb. 1452 points for Top 5 when I last checked, 30 minutes ago. I won't be shocked if it's at 2000 by the end of the event.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Sometimes things are weird.. I got 3 guys from top teams in my bracket.. Xmen.. Chaos rising and 5da.. I was expecting some sniping from xmen with all the beef i got with them lately.. But not.. It hasnt happened.. He played fair.. Thats the second time today that i went against an xmen (the first was kakko in LR) and i found it entertaining.. On the other hand the 5da and chaos rising tried to snipe me everytime i unshielded.. Way to go gentlemen.. I wont bemoan.. Its part of the game but it didnt go unnoticed..
    I'm in that bracket, and it's just frickin' dumb. 1452 points for Top 5 when I last checked, 30 minutes ago. I won't be shocked if it's at 2000 by the end of the event.
    Sharding working as intended, clearly.
    Seriously, this is just plain dumb. Yes, we expected a bloodbath, but not one the size of the Atlantic because of sharding.
    Whatever they changed between seasons 3 and 4, they need to change it back. This is insane.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:

Well, at least you avoided my bracket icon_e_wink.gif
    Indeed, I did!
    I'm not very happy because I didn't play my last push very cleverly, nevermind icon_neutral.gif
    At the moment, my bracket top6 is above 1000 while scores drop above 800 since the 8th.
    I guess that the leaderboard will fill with more high scores until the end.
    Strangely I don't rcognize any names (but I know 1 or 2 alliances)
  • My bracket as all the top 7 over 1000 (leader on 1395) so far with the rest not far behind. Alliances supported in here include Shield, 5DV (x2), Ace of Blades, Army of Sparta X-Men 3 (x2) and Spiderman. At this rate i'm not even sure i'll managed top 25. I'm on 847 and in 14th place. I don't have any 166's but have been using Sentry (150) and Hood (130) who can win easy enough but also beatable so im likely to get kicked about pushing for more points. This is my worst bracket for ages!
  • Stalker7 and Maestro, my 5dv bracket buddies. I just want top5 but you guys are killing it. I just hope I can put enough distance from #6 but damn stalker7, you are Beginning to run away with it. Good luck man.

Really sorry homie, but when I've seen the names in the bracket, I was pretty sure I'd need to step my game up to be top 5 for sure. I usually just try to keep a balance between hp spent / won. I'm not a "pay harder" fan icon_e_wink.gif
  • DA_STALKER wrote:
    Stalker7 and Maestro, my 5dv bracket buddies. I just want top5 but you guys are killing it. I just hope I can put enough distance from #6 but damn stalker7, you are Beginning to run away with it. Good luck man.

Really sorry homie, but when I've seen the names in the bracket, I was pretty sure I'd need to step my game up to be top 5 for sure. I usually just try to keep a balance between hp spent / won. I'm not a "pay harder" fan icon_e_wink.gif

I'm in the bracket with you guys, can't say i'm enjoying it as i'm way outta your leagues!!
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AlucardUK wrote:
    DA_STALKER wrote:

I'm in the bracket with you guys, can't say i'm enjoying it as i'm way outta your leagues!!

I'm in the same bracket. I swear, if I get 1300 but miss T5...
  • AlucardUK wrote:
    DA_STALKER wrote:

I'm in the same bracket. I swear, if I get 1300 but miss T5...

its freaking nuts boys. I want to throw an 8hr up later but if I hit 1500 and miss top5, I will throw my phone. I actually just used up all my old +3all boosts today that I had saved for a rainy day since they were retired.

Hello bean. I saw you when I joined and i knew it was not a good sign that I was at 0 and the leaders were 600 and 700 already.