Category-5 - Aug 6-8 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    this is gonna be insanity at its best....my prediction is i'm gonna end up in a 1400 for top 5 bracket....icon_e_sad.gif....but my deadpool's maxed anyways....but still...season score, and second deadpool
  • Should be fun

(rolls eyes)
  • hold onto your butts
  • And your chimichangas.
  • NOT IN THE FACE!

tick-american-maid-episode_clip0_std.original.jpg
  • I remember the most insane PVP I ever played was the first Fatal Attraction. I think everyone wanted that Daken. I remember trying to shieldhop from 1080 to get the cover at 1100. I was unshielded for maybe 2 minutes for the fight, and when I went back to the node screen I find out I got hit three times for -90 points.

My point is, cat 5 will be even worse than that.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem is this bracket is going to be a blood bath and then the next round will be as well becuase everyone will go after the progression DP. 2X the death brackets with massive shield hopping. Worst of all is 3* storm has such little health. She is going to need lots of health packs.
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    SuperStorm for Deadpool?

Sounds Fair.

Swish! icon_e_biggrin.gif

icon_e_ugeek.gif

Now to try to nab the 1100 point cover for the first time EVAR..... icon_e_confused.gif
  • Oh wow, and here's me with my first (two i think) Storm covers which I got in Unholy.

Maybe sharding will be merciful? And I'm guessing the event ends on Friday night for U.S. users? But I don't have much AP left for shielding after buying the last Patch yellow cover and doing a full day shield for Unholy which left me with 50HP only (before the placement rewards).
    wymtime wrote:
    Worst of all is 3* storm has such little health. She is going to need lots of health packs.

Haha, no issue for me, since my Storm will have at most 1 more cover than the Loaner, it won't be a big sacrifice to switch icon_e_smile.gif

What color is the Loaner cover? If Yellow, I might just prefer it to my own...
    but my deadpool's maxed anyways....

How much did that cost you, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Storm - Magneto is a surprisingly strong team, covering all six colors with 6 active skills, all reasonable.

Who to bring along for the third, though? Daken, Hulk, Fury, BP, Cap Amer, Cap Marvel, Sentry, LThor, Patch.

I've been using Storm a lot recently to get rid of Team-Up powers. She's like a tar remover after driving down a road paved with good-intentioned game improvements.
  • Storm - Magneto is a surprisingly strong team, covering all six colors with 6 active skills, all reasonable.

Who to bring along for the third, though? Daken, Hulk, Fury, BP, Cap Amer, Cap Marvel, Sentry, LThor, Patch.

I've been using Storm a lot recently to get rid of Team-Up powers. She's like a tar remover after driving down a road paved with good-intentioned game improvements.

So that also means 2 star transitioning players could use MNMagneto since he has the same color scheme (along with DareDevil and MHawkeye), but they'll need a 3rd ideally with strike tiles to synergize with Storm's black skill
  • This event is going to be rough. Everyone wants the Deadpool rewards and there will be no survivors!
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How much did that cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

i bought a stark salary two days after he was announced and also bought 50$ worth of iso, already had 100k iso banked and then used lightning rounds to fully max him. total spent was 150$
  • Thing I have already learned from this event: the revised MoStorm's yellow and black make her a perfect complement to Patchneto. Have already been able to both clear a couple of "bad" team-ups and also use a "good" one (Rage of the Panther) to get out of a hole where I'd have otherwise had to hand back control with enemy strike tiles on the board and take a bunch of damage.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Forum Activity Time! Lets come up with the best team composition for this event given the two following caveats:
    1. Sentry is NOT allowed (Hurr durr sentry / daken for defense / offense because he wrecks everyone).
    2. Disregard regen for sustained pushing (aka Patch/Daken), because the best offensive teams right now in terms of sustained pushing involve these guys just because of regen, which is dumb.

I'll start us off with an offensive team: Storm / C. Mags / Daken. Entire rainbow is covered with relevant abilities. Major Daken / Storm synergies with green AP being used for lightning strike and Storm's black getting beefed up with attack tiles. C. Mags completes the rainbow and gives us an amazing blue/purple ability, and a decent red one.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I've been considering team Ladyparts: Psyduck/GSBW

They are all pretty squishy but they've at least got the rainbow covered (albeit with a bad blue) and there's a couple of non-terrible green and black options so even if someone dies quick you've got some damage dealing options. Psychic Knives + (Hailstorm/Psi-Katana) would be the main attack option.

But that's when I'm not Patchnetoing icon_redface.gif
  • Forum Activity Time! Lets come up with the best team composition for this event given the two following caveats:
    1. Sentry is NOT allowed (Hurr durr sentry / daken for defense / offense because he wrecks everyone).
    2. Disregard regen for sustained pushing (aka Patch/Daken), because the best offensive teams right now in terms of sustained pushing involve these guys just because of regen, which is dumb.

I'll start us off with an offensive team: Storm / C. Mags / Daken. Entire rainbow is covered with relevant abilities. Major Daken / Storm synergies with green AP being used for lightning strike and Storm's black getting beefed up with attack tiles. C. Mags completes the rainbow and gives us an amazing blue/purple ability, and a decent red one.

I'm trying a defense team that shakes up the board constantly or floods it with frustration: Storm / She-Hulk / Falcon
    Use Storm's black followed by Jenny's blue to get strike tiles to tick with the remaining attack tiles, full rainbow completed with Falcon who can beef up those tiles while feeding yellow to Storm & might add his protect tiles to further congested the board, board shake up from Storm's yellow & green as well as Jenny's red

Edit - obviously I didn't pay too much attention to the word BEST when you wrote best team composition lol ~ I just like the way She-Hulk & Falcon work with the abundant attack tiles
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    People are going nuts in this PVP. I woke up this morning to find 8 of the top 10 in my bracket were shielded. No X-Men and no one had more than 750 points; # 10 barely had more than 500 points. Who has that much HP to waste?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just started this morning and took a break around 200 points to do some PVE. I already got a defensive win for 30+ points. My 5 yellow storm is going to use a lot of TU on defense.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    I just started this morning and took a break around 200 points to do some PVE. I already got a defensive win for 30+ points. My 5 yellow storm is going to use a lot of TU on defense.
    I'm hoping mine will too. I've already picked up one that I know of.