Fly-Fight-Win - July 28-30 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    5/5/3 Patch, here I come. Then away it goes once the update hits and his tournament passes cause BP will be prowling.
    You might want to rethink that; how will you play 5 green in the current PvE? It's 100% suicidal without Mags/Loki on your side, and 3 yellow will not be able to outheal the crazy damage. Trust me - I used to have a 4/5/4 Patch and he felt a little bit too unsafe with 4 green/4 yellow. Running 3/5/5 now and laughing at all these 5/3/5 guys who must be struggling in the current event. If they come here and say they don't, I would not believe them for a darn second.

Edit: oh, and 3/5/5 Patch and Mags can dispatch any 30k health team just fine, if a bit slower than 5 g Patch, but we now have amazing Goldilocks for that.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Patch rewards and most of my alliance not really needing them, I'm considering taking this one easy. Sure a "cheap" extra cover for Carol at 1100 would be nice, but I'd rather just bank the hp and save it for the tourneys with the *majority* of the rewards being ones I want.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Edit: oh, and 3/5/5 Patch and Mags can dispatch any 30k health team just fine, if a bit slower than 5 g Patch, but we now have amazing Goldilocks for that.

I'm also running 3/5/5 and in Oscorp: Heroic PVE stands for Patch Versus Everyone. He gets to use B-Rage pretty much any time it's available because he'll heal back, especially if I can match off a purple or two. Only times I had problems were when I got arrogant and ran him alongside my level 1 Hawkeye and level 15 Cap. On the Ares node. Whoops.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    locked wrote:
    5/5/3 Patch, here I come. Then away it goes once the update hits and his tournament passes cause BP will be prowling.
    You might want to rethink that; how will you play 5 green in the current PvE? It's 100% suicidal without Mags/Loki on your side, and 3 yellow will not be able to outheal the crazy damage. Trust me - I used to have a 4/5/4 Patch and he felt a little bit too unsafe with 4 green/4 yellow. Running 3/5/5 now and laughing at all these 5/3/5 guys who must be struggling in the current event. If they come here and say they don't, I would not believe them for a darn second.

Been playing 4 Green in PvE thus far and I only use it when I'm going to fire another ability as well. Current patch is 4/5/2 and I've been doing just fine with that. Also, I doubt I'm seeing very high level of enemies. They cappped at 118 last sub.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Running 3/5/5 now and laughing at all these 5/3/5 guys who must be struggling in the current event. If they come here and say they don't, I would not believe them for a darn second.
    Mine's 5/1/5 and watching everything BUT Patch die is half the fun. Getting my guys dinged up seems to keep scaling somewhat tolerable too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My Patch is already 5-4-3, and I mean for him to be 5-3-5, and there's no way I'm going to make top 5, so I don't know if I should even bother trying to place. It takes too much effort for me to even be in top 25, and all that'd get me is a slightly stronger Patch that'd be respecced as soon as i get a yellow.

In other news, just wiped myself with my own World Rupture. It would've killed the enemy team had my Sentry had the health to survive 4 or 5 more bursts...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Already have all the Patch covers I need (5/5/3) buit

For me 5 in green IS the purpose of patch. Use Berserker Rage, then go off with multiple other abilities, preferably ones likely to cause cascades or ones which destroy the enemy strike tiles or both. If you use Berserker Rage even giving your opponent 3 or 4 enemy tiles, then hand back control so they can do a load of damage, you're doing it wrong. So you may as well maximise it and maximise the chance that you'll be able to kill the enemy or at least kill as many characters as possible on the turn you use Berserker Rage.

With only 3 in Patch's green, I question why you wouldn't just use Punisher and be done with it.

5 in yellow would be nice sometimes, but when one or two other characters go down or in PvE events like the current one where Patch dwarfs the other characters on the team The Best There Is really shines as a get-out-of-jail-free nuke. I'm fine with him being 5/5/3.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    Already have all the Patch covers I need (5/5/3) buit

For me 5 in green IS the purpose of patch. Use Berserker Rage, then go off with multiple other abilities, preferably ones likely to cause cascades or ones which destroy the enemy strike tiles or both. If you use Berserker Rage even giving your opponent 3 or 4 enemy tiles, then hand back control so they can do a load of damage, you're doing it wrong. So you may as well maximise it and maximise the chance that you'll be able to kill the enemy or at least kill as many characters as possible on the turn you use Berserker Rage.

With only 3 in Patch's green, I question why you wouldn't just use Punisher and be done with it.

5 in yellow would be nice sometimes, but when one or two other characters go down or in PvE events like the current one where Patch dwarfs the other characters on the team The Best There Is really shines as a get-out-of-jail-free nuke. I'm fine with him being 5/5/3.
    Good points, but for me Patch's purpose is to cover for Magneto and some other green/red/yellow characters and not require healthpacks; and not murder his squishy supports like Hood/oBW/Falcon. Punisher does not even cover red for Mags, for example, although his high env/crit multipliers are like a 4th awesome ability. Damage I know how to deal with or without 5 green. Post-Magneto nerf, there will be no good cheap cascading characters anymore outside of Juggs/Rags/Loki.
    I just wonder what use 5 g Patch will see once Magneto nerf hits. Oh sure, comboing with BP would be nice, but BP will have his own mega-strike tiles with no downsides.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He combos well with Psylocke, she basically double taps off his green with her black. Though I would only suggest that is you don't want to run Punisher with Patch.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh well, Patch rewards... icon_rolleyes.gif

Patch was my first maxed 3* (sweet memories), So I guess I will go easy on this tournament.
    Good thing, the sun is shining outside! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sigh. My 3/5/0 Patch says let's just aim at a top 100 for this one. Unless I get another lazy bracket and a bunch of defensive wins that give me a chance at top 10 like the Sentry round, there's no point going any higher.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm ok with them keeping doing people I don't need until they get the sharting* fixed.

* Yes, I know it's technically sharding. The thing is, the way it's been enacted, I think the alternate spelling is more appropriate. 1321+ for top 5 is not morally acceptable behavior.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just want to say I love the event name - a good nod to her Air Force affiliation. Much appreciated icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    At this point with the 3k season reward and if I land top 25... I could have a 4/5/1 patch. Dammit.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The event token actually gave me a Captain Marvel cover. I can't remember the last time that happened.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I just wonder what use 5 g Patch will see once Magneto nerf hits.
    I respeced my Patch from 5/3/5 to 3/5/5 for exactly this reason. Just figured it was an all around safer and more versatile build that didn't require CMags in all his broken glory to shine. And it is way safer, but going from 5 to 3 green is more than a little sad. I find myself having moments where I'll BRage and then fire off a power or make a match and the enemy won't die and I'm surprised. It's still a lot of strike tiles, but it lacks the total WTFpwnzor moments of 5 green. 5 red has it's own hilarious moments though, especially what he's boosted, so it's probably a fair trade. Crazy speed (emphasis on crazy) vs safety and power. And my personal take on yellow is anything less than 5 is a bad move in the new healing world order (until they nerf that too icon_razz.gif).

Of course that was like four sets of Patch rewards ago and we still haven't seen this mythical CMags nerf. At this rate we'll all be old, grey and have rage quit the game for the last time before they actually get around to doing whatever horrible things they're allegedly planning to do to him.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are people still having trouble with mmr this round, or is it just too early that there are no worthwhile targets to hit? A 166/114 patchneto team just bopped me for a whopping 5 point loss - how many points is that worth on offense, actually?

They offered a 36 point retal in return. 120/94 LCapOBW said thank you kindly, but it doesn't actually feel good, because I know I'm going to get hit the same way once my points are up some more. I find PvPs really stressful. icon_neutral.gif
  • darkmagearcanis
    darkmagearcanis Posts: 401
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ok, so I'm just toying around with this event since I don't need patch covers. But I used a lvl 50 1* Storm and a level 40 1* Black Widow plus the loaner Cap Marvel and beat a Boosted lvl 83 Cap Marvel, a lvl 150 Black Widow and a lvl 135 Hulk. Like I don't understand. I feel like I should have lost that. icon_e_wink.gif

Edit: Also, no boosts used. No point since I'm just toying around.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are people still having trouble with mmr this round, or is it just too early that there are no worthwhile targets to hit? A 166/114 patchneto team just bopped me for a whopping 5 point loss - how many points is that worth on offense, actually?

They offered a 36 point retal in return. 120/94 LCapOBW said thank you kindly, but it doesn't actually feel good, because I know I'm going to get hit the same way once my points are up some more. I find PvPs really stressful. icon_neutral.gif
    Not many people playing yet. I actually saw a few maxed teams at 200, which is a first. Normalized past 300 again though.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @flozier (clearly you pay respect to the OG.. Always good to see that from a copycat..) dont freak out and spend all your college student money.. I dont want you to get broke (all these hp just to reach 800.. Wow)..Mb you will need your daddy (aka gypsy) to buy you some hp.. lol.. Fortunately i only aim at 1000 Pts as i just want to be top 5. Just with your retals, i will get it.. I love you brother.. icon_e_biggrin.gif