*** Captain Marvel (Modern) ***

Comments

• vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    locked wrote:
    You want Thor to be tanked for?
    As silly as it sounds, it can be handy sometimes. icon_e_biggrin.gif

In the current First Avenger PVP I'm running Cap, Daken and Thor. Thor is completely hidden. Since Daken regenerates this means I only have to use health packs on Cap unless I get hit by a nasty AOE attack.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    After reading a lot of the forum on CM I think she is very PVE friendly. With goons in general doing a lot of AOE damage her yellow can be very usefull as well as her black. If a goon hits you with an AOE you potentially can counter attack with her black and another characters red. She is built similarly to CStorm with a better counter strike capability but a weaker stun. CStorm does AOE when CM does damage only to the direct target.

Both CM and She-Hulk look better suited for PVE than PVP. She hulk can turn 3 CD tiles into stike tiles and does quality board shake up with AOE damage and CM is really a counter stike character. Neither look great or more simply dominate in PVP like a sentry, Ldaken, or LThor.
  • I added a poll to the first page for best build - it's something I think might be helpful (and I wouldn't mind seeing it elsewhere, if people like it). It's open-ended and allows re-voting if people change their mind.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I added a poll to the first page for best build - it's something I think might be helpful (and I wouldn't mind seeing it elsewhere, if people like it). It's open-ended and allows re-voting if people change their mind.
    Great idea -- this should be on every character, so we don't have to read through pages and pages of discussion (even though I would anyway). icon_e_smile.gif
  • Not sure why but there is no animation for her photonic blast, sound plays but no animation. Hypersonic punch has an animation and sound.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure why but there is no animation for her photonic blast, sound plays but no animation. Hypersonic punch has an animation and sound.
    Welcome to beta testing a character before they fix her in the next week. icon_e_smile.gif
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Not sure why but there is no animation for her photonic blast, sound plays but no animation. Hypersonic punch has an animation and sound.
    games lagging. sometimes i see the blast then the image may pop in. but for the most part its all there.

Her in match lineup face is kinda derpy but all the other stuff looks good. i think the artist was too hung up on the cover depiction. should have done more research. Carol danvers is not that smirky.

and they still haven't replaced that low-res UI icon for She-hulk. icon_razz.gif

2els75v.jpg
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    It's like she's constipated. IMO she along with Sentry looks great in the background but not as appealing when they're in the foreground.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Is it just me or does it seem that the in game character is designed after Natalie Dormer from Game of Thrones?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3355425536/ ... m_phs_md_6

Edit: well, apparently they merged my poll of her looking exactly like Natalie Dormer with this thread on the character, goodby poll, tear.
  • I can only assume she's 'on the throne' in that foreground pic. Possibly overdone it on the fibre cereal.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    I get that on the first time her powers are used, seems to be okay after that.

Anyone else think she's a dead ringer for Natalie Dormer:
    Natalie+Dormer+VY3Qka8hSGKm.jpg
  • HairyDave
    It's not just you: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12341&p=193268#p193268

I just hadn't seen your thread icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Is it just me, or does she look like she's really needing to get the fight over with so she can go to the bathroom?

Edit: Now I go back and read the previous comments, I'm not alone. Whee.
  • Ugly man...
  • Kcwei83 wrote:
    Ugly man...

lol, I think they based the model far too much on the cover of the comic they used. She's a lot better looking inside the comic!!! which is sad. btw if you not sure what I mean you can actually get the comic for free from marvel comics mobile app. They usually do free issues of many first issues.

Kinda wished they based her game model on the captain marvel inside the comic, not the cover!
  • Her best build to me would be 3/5/5. I'll have to wait to see t be 100% sure. Looks like a fun character
  • Hrmm...

I was the only one to pick my combination for the best build for Marvel on the poll?

That just made my day... icon_lol.gif
  • HairyDave
    Lyrian wrote:
    Hrmm...

I was the only one to pick my combination for the best build for Marvel on the poll?

Now I'm the mad loner!

My Bullseye hatred is prompting me to max out her red no matter what icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    HairyDave wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    Hrmm...

Now I'm the mad loner!

My Bullseye hatred is prompting me to max out her red no matter what icon_e_biggrin.gif

Bullseye, spiderman, and Falcon= the longest Match ever!!!!
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Kcwei83 wrote:
    Ugly man...

lol, I think they based the model far too much on the cover of the comic they used. She's a lot better looking inside the comic!!! which is sad. btw if you not sure what I mean you can actually get the comic for free from marvel comics mobile app. They usually do free issues of many first issues.

Kinda wished they based her game model on the captain marvel inside the comic, not the cover!

Exactly. I flippin' love the way she looks in the comics, but I think she looks completely ridiculous and different in this game. So disappointed.

And yes, of all of the things to complain about in this game, I'm picking the aesthetics.