Heavy Metal - July 14-16 - Low Sodium Edition

Options
1235»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Screw this tinykitty event and the mmr bubble I'm stuck in. Need top 5 to finally max daken and have him as my first cover maxed 3*... damn you zombie hordes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was just pounding away a few last battles to solidify my top 100. Finished the last one just under the wire and then saw the clock at 59 minutes. And I'm out of health packs. Have mercy on me, I'm screwed
  • Unknown
    Options
    My top 5 is looking ugly.
    1075 down to 981 currently. Three of us already have maxed Dakens.

I plan on building a second one though.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    And then passing it along to the needy right?

Like this guy?
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    And then passing it along to the needy right?

Like this guy?

As much as I like the new reward structure, it does tend to imbalance the top spots and can have people strive for covers they normally would have let go to people who needed them more. A difference of 3500 ISO from 5th to 6th if you don't need the covers is pretty sizable.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I'm just being greedy anyway - my Laken should be 4/2/2 shortly icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I'm just being greedy anyway - my Laken should be 4/2/2 shortly icon_e_biggrin.gif

If I could have hit top 5, I would be at 5/5/3. I'm only getting attacked by max 3*s too... My entire top 5 have daken maxed too. So it is kind of frustrating.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    This tourney is a bit of an anomaly though, as many are taking a break before season 4. Even the X-Men don't have anyone over 1400 right now, so you won't be able to draft off of their points. 1300 is probably more trouble than it's worth in this tourney. Only reason I'm even playing this one at all is to make sure my alliance buddies get to finish their Dakens up.
    I found Flo98 a little bit ago and the battle was only worth 19 points. I nearly fell out of my seat. It's normally worth at least twice that for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    Not going to like this bubble business. How does anyone reach 1300?

And before someone says tank... I tanked the beginning of this event down to 1* lineups before starting my climb.

You coordinate a group of people/accounts (might work with just 2) -- as one unshields others pick him in node then use those 25+ points after he shielded. then take turns with jumping.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Playing way too hard for covers that I already have. Just trying to get that xforce, other guys in my bracket keep forcing me to break my shield.
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    This tourney is a bit of an anomaly though, as many are taking a break before season 4. Even the X-Men don't have anyone over 1400 right now, so you won't be able to draft off of their points. 1300 is probably more trouble than it's worth in this tourney. Only reason I'm even playing this one at all is to make sure my alliance buddies get to finish their Dakens up.
    I found Flo98 a little bit ago and the battle was only worth 19 points. I nearly fell out of my seat. It's normally worth at least twice that for me.

I have him in a node showing +46 (from 910 pts at -40m). Bummer, thanks for alert, he's down to 838 pts now (-8m) I almost engaged on that for the last-min gamble.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    I have him in a node showing +46 (from 910 pts at -40m). Bummer, thanks for alert, he's down to 838 pts now (-8m) I almost engaged on that for the last-min gamble.

And the alert saved my **** for good too, #6 started the gamble to overtake me at -4m so I had to go in and barely kept my pos that way on that last game points, would be hosed on low points. Flo finished on 781 so I'd probably lose.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Was planning on buying the needed daken covers(6). So this event was a nice surprise.

Shield hopped like mad this event due to that. Spent 600 HP to climb to 1137 and #1 place.

recouped 250 hp from rewards.. so essentially 350 HP for

1 Xforce yellow
    4 daken covers
    1 IM 40 red

All can be used.

Pretty good considering I was on the brink of spending 5000 hp for just the 4 daken covers. Now I need to decide if it is worth it to spend 2500 for the last two now, or wait.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    Pretty good considering I was on the brink of spending 5000 hp for just the 4 daken covers. Now I need to decide if it is worth it to spend 2500 for the last two now, or wait.
    If you're missing a purple it might be worthwhile to drop 1,250 HP. Black or blue you can probably wait on unless you're feeling rich.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ^ Currently 4/5/2 Planning a 5/5/3 build.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:

There must be a LD tournament coming soon in season and you can get a cover at 1100 there.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Double Daken is now 1/2/1 and level 55. Just need another 4/1/4 and I'll have one at 5/5/3, and one at 5/3/5. Oh...and I'll need a buttload of ISO.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Pushed to 806 points and 9th place last night before I got too tired to stay up anymore, so I shielded and went to bed. Woke to find that I was 11th, having missed top 10 by 6 points. Sigh. At least I finally got that purple cover for my lDaken.
  • Abralicious
    Abralicious Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    I was so burnt out on Season 3 grinding that even Laken covers couldn't get me to bust my butt in this event. Whomp, maybe next time.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Rusalka wrote:
    Pushed to 806 points and 9th place last night before I got too tired to stay up anymore, so I shielded and went to bed. Woke to find that I was 11th, having missed top 10 by 6 points. Sigh. At least I finally got that purple cover for my lDaken.
    I know that feel - I got done in by 8 points for much the same reason.