Heavy Metal - July 14-16 - Low Sodium Edition

Options

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I want to get all 4 Daken covers, spec 5/4/4, play with it, and then respec to 5/5/3 as well because it seems that very few characters can get away with having 4s (cMags, Ares and?..).
    Torch. Punisher I suppose.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Huh? In what way? Punisher has 2 viable builds: 3/5/5 and 5/5/3, and Torch needs to be 5/5/3 or 5/3/5.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jathro wrote:
    locked wrote:
    I want to get all 4 Daken covers, spec 5/4/4, play with it, and then respec to 5/5/3 as well because it seems that very few characters can get away with having 4s (cMags, Ares and?..).

C. Storm could work too. However, given the situational nature of her yellow it is advised against. One could also do it with Patch too, if you really want the super sustain.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I just had the longest posthumous overkill I think I've ever seen...

The AI's IM40 got a recharge off when Loki was on his last 20 health (I may or may not be deliberately losing icon_e_wink.gif ) and I copped in order:
    Magnetic Projectile (killed Loki and won the match)
    Magnetic Translocation
    Molotov
    Judgement
    Magnetic Field
    Retribution

I had to wait almost 30 seconds while it resolved them all icon_lol.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Jathro wrote:
    locked wrote:

C. Storm could work too. However, given the situational nature of her yellow it is advised against. One could also do it with Patch too, if you really want the super sustain.
    I am toying around with cStorm builds (although I would only recommend 5/5/3 to newer players, I do go 5/4/4, or 4/5/4 or 3/5/5 sometimes for PvE purposes when there are better green users and I wouldn't normally use hers.)
    Patch I used to have at 4/5/4. He was pretty viable but I did not feel safe; it was also hard to utilize Hulk/Patch or Patch/oBW. He's less scary on defense now with 3/5/5, but it's not like 5/3/5 is much better.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm guessing Season 4 will start at noon, they just didn't want server to crash with all the rewards being given out. At least I hope so... it would be nice to have the IM40 tourney count towards season progression rewards, since I have him maxed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Looks NOT season4, edit title?

And yey, LD covers finally!

Title edited. Power outage and no internet last night made it tough to get to until now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Huh? In what way? Punisher has 2 viable builds: 3/5/5 and 5/5/3, and Torch needs to be 5/5/3 or 5/3/5.
    I run Torch at 544 and MoStorm at 445 because you don't lose much on the nongreen abilities doing it and it's infrequent that I use their greens, but their greens are their second best abilities so i want some kick when I DO use them

Or maybe I'm just crippling myself because I'm too indecisive
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    locked wrote:
    I run Torch at 544 and MoStorm at 445 because you don't lose much on the nongreen abilities doing it and it's infrequent that I use their greens, but their greens are their second best abilities so i want some kick when I DO use them

Or maybe I'm just crippling myself because I'm too indecisive

depends on who you pair him with. For example Daken + Torch, you might actually want 355 Torch even if everyone claims 5 red is his strongest ability (in a bubble)

(And if you don't buy covers, you might get 3/5/5 first . . . )
  • Unknown
    Options
    hhmm, noticed that this heavy metal pvp end time is 1hr later than normal, as we know it started 1 hour after the krakaboom event previously.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    locked wrote:
    depends on who you pair him with. For example Daken + Torch, you might actually want 355 Torch even if everyone claims 5 red is his strongest ability (in a bubble)
    (And if you don't buy covers, you might get 3/5/5 first . . . )
    @gamar: I haven't got around to building a proper Mororo (she's damn near useless without 5 red Mistress), would probably go 5/3/5 though, green is indisputably better to max than red if both cost similar, and red you don't want for damage anyway. It will do its function, i.e. clear out env. tiles (and any Jazz Hands traps if present), maybe cause cascades, no matter if level 3 or higher. I suppose she suffers from there being too many better green powers, but heck, same can be said for red.
    5/4/4 Torch makes sense though, or at least I can't think of an objection. Maybe if you want to combo HT and strike tile users it's better to max HT's attack tile ability and leave green for Pun/Patch?
    @LoreNYC: But Torch has one of the best red powers in-game. Both his green and black have disadvantages (require you to take turns and have absolutely zero initial impact besides friendly AP drain, are CD-based, leave vulnerable attack tiles, etc), and for a glass cannon you'd think it makes sense to max his cannon ability that costs 6 red AP, strictly speaking. As for Daken, he spams strike tiles, so no biggie if one or two of them get removed. Heck, he himself owns a strike-tile clearing ability. They are not supposed to stay for long but rather be spawned repeatedly.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Got my third purple Falcon out of the 300 point token so I'm not going to complain.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    @gamar: I haven't got around to building a proper Mororo (she's damn near useless without 5 red Mistress), would probably go 5/3/5 though, green is indisputably better to max than red if both cost similar, and red you don't want for damage anyway.

To me seem near useless with or without 5R. Did you find her a good use -- better than the * version?

I was thinking PVP defense: I would more likely attack a team with mororo than same with mStorm, especially on any sensible terrain.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm getting quite some heat in this one from the very beginning and in low points (3-400 range). Expect some fierce fight at the end for a change.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    locked wrote:
    @gamar: I haven't got around to building a proper Mororo (she's damn near useless without 5 red Mistress), would probably go 5/3/5 though, green is indisputably better to max than red if both cost similar, and red you don't want for damage anyway.

To me seem near useless with or without 5R. Did you find her a good use -- better than the * version?

I was thinking PVP defense: I would more likely attack a team with mororo than same with mStorm, especially on any sensible terrain.
    Nah I meant 5 red Mistress as in 'Mistress that costs 5 red AP'. To me, it is the whole point of Storm especially now that her green only shatters 14 tiles and not 16. Yep, completely agree, 5/5/3 modern Storm is scarier with her 1620 health than Mororo with her 5k+.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I left in 2* torch lvl 6 storm, and un leveled im40 overnight

Y U NO HIT ME?! Grrr... Wouldn't it be awesome if 2* torch made you invisible to attack. Now THAT would be an interesting game mechanic.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Y U NO HIT ME?! Grrr... Wouldn't it be awesome if 2* torch made you invisible to attack. Now THAT would be an interesting game mechanic.
    Get to 900 with that team and we can negotiate a pinata party!

And playing IM40/Fury/LT against a OBW/Ares team is not a good idea. By the time I got some attacks off, Fury was down to 2K health, LT down to 4K.
    Fury definitely is for defense and against maxed 3* teams, not the most annoying 2* combo.
  • Unknown
    Options

Yeah that is weird that people leave bagman alone while happy to attack on maxed LThor and company at the same 200ish points...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:

Yeah that is weird that people leave bagman alone while happy to attack on maxed LThor and company at the same 200ish points...
    I'm guessing a lot of people who usually do didn't tank before this PVP, so they're seeing 166s right away - and I'd rather attack a LT team than Hood/Sentry, if those are the only options.
  • Unknown
    Options

If I saw that team I'd check your roster to see if it was a trap, and then skip, assuming it would cost me 48 points later on.