Heavy Metal - July 14-16 - Low Sodium Edition

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    The amount of people who spent 25.000 HP on fury seems absurdly high...

Must have seemed like a good idea at the time. I will not be one of them. He will be warming the bench with my other 4*s and Bagdevil, only to be taken out to play on occasion when I need to tank, retreat, or just for a good laugh.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    morgh wrote:

Must have seemed like a good idea at the time. I will not be one of them. He will be warming the bench with my other 4*s and Bagdevil, only to be taken out to play on occasion when I need to tank, retreat, or just for a good laugh.
    He's been tanking with Daken for me - I still haven't seen the yellow go off icon_e_sad.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    i was hoarding isos and hp all season long to reach that goal (even if i spent some along the way on some useless chars.. cough.. dd-she hulk.. cough).. b/y/p are combination never seen before and he is the perfect complement to a lot of top tier chars.. he also lets me anticipate quietly the mag nerf.. so i think he is worth the investment..
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    i was hoarding isos and hp all season long to reach that goal (even if i spent some along the way on some useless chars.. cough.. dd-she hulk.. cough).. b/y/p are combination never seen before and he is the perfect complement to a lot of top tier chars.. he also lets me anticipate quietly the mag nerf.. so i think he is worth the investment..
    Bag-Man, Spider-Man, Falcon all have blue-yellow-purple (mBW has purple-blue-yellow match damage), but I agree, he is meant to be that blue-purple user for the majority of 3* teams...
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    locked wrote:
    morgh wrote:
    Bag-Man, Spider-Man, Falcon all have blue-yellow-purple (mBW has purple-blue-yellow match damage), but I agree, he is meant to be that blue-purple user for the majority of 3* teams...
    yep.. wanna say with useful offensive powers.. as im not english native sometimes i dont express myself enough precisely.. thanks for correcting that locked.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I need to get a better board presence going - getting hit far to often while rarely ever attacking other board members...

Nevermind the fact that my roster can't beat most of the board members.... icon_lol.gif

But seriously - if your LDaken is maxed - can ya givea guya break? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Uh, opponent IM40 just kindly saved my ****. Fighting puny team of cStorm/mn with last wind of my team -- im at 1500, mags barely more.
    Early moves aiming at storm, looks nothing of interesting when I notice MN purple has a go.

Well, I think, let him, some blue will be welcome for me. A flash, I see nothing my turn comes but op has 16 blue AP now. With storm smiling with 1600 health and primed to kill me for good. I have like 1 red, 6 blue, 6 green, can make one MT but the 5-6 blues on table are all solo no chance for a 5, best I can place 2 so then I can pull a 4-match.

Instead I decide to place another 2 near a solo to pull a vertical 3-match that will connect 2+2 greens in the column, maybe some miracle falls in. Not happening, I'm ready to swallow the wind, and instead the AI just makes a pull and it is my turn. O,O ****?

Then realize that IM has that forgotten salvo at 20 blues, the AI must have decided it is on the horizon. Wow. So I shoot berserker immediately with my new greens to eliminate storm then eventually win the game with some bruises from unprepared berserking.

Thanks Tony, that was close!
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I had something similar earlier - I dodged a Rampage that would have finished off IM40 and gone seriously close to wasting Mags but L60 IM decided he'd rather use all the tasty red to Unibeam instead.

Patch got a bit tickled. icon_lol.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    I need to get a better board presence going - getting hit far to often while rarely ever attacking other board members...

Nevermind the fact that my roster can't beat most of the board members.... icon_lol.gif

But seriously - if your LDaken is maxed - can ya givea guya break? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I might have been one that hit you, too - sorry icon_e_wink.gif
    Will try to remember the name from now on.

But don't worry, I got my **** handed to me as well, there was no way to cross 1100, there's just no points.
    Need to really get lucky to catch the X-Men on a collective hop icon_e_wink.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Just a PSA for others who may have forgotten - this event started an hour later than normal.

I was about to throw up a 3 hour shield when I noticed the timer read 3h 39 minutes instead of the 2h 39 min I was expecting....

463px-Facepalm.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    So I was seeing a regular flow of 19-23 point matches all the way up to 1100. But the moment I crossed 1100, the only teams being drawn were for 3-6 points. (except for a sweet 40 point naz draw icon_lol.gif )

Is that normal? I didn't expect to keep seeing 19-23 point matches up higher, but I was kind of expecting it to taper off slowly and would see mid to low teens before seeing single digit numbers. But it dropped off that steeply all of a sudden. Is that normal?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    So I was seeing a regular flow of 19-23 point matches all the way up to 1100. But the moment I crossed 1100, the only teams being drawn were for 3-6 points. (except for a sweet 40 point naz draw icon_lol.gif )

Is that normal? I didn't expect to keep seeing 19-23 point matches up higher, but I was kind of expecting it to taper off slowly and would see mid to low teens before seeing single digit numbers. But it dropped off that steeply all of a sudden. Is that normal?
    Yes, that is normal.
    Welcome to MMR bubble hell, where all your skips give you the same 5 people, until someone unshields.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I was actually 100% prepared to buy at least one purple Daken cover when S3 ended, but since Heavy Metal was starting sooner than we got S3 tokens, why not check out the prizes first, too? Behold! Just what the doctor ordered.
    So whatever I spend in shields, it will be less than a cover purchased. I don't even think I want the 1100 red IM 40 cover that much despite still "needing" 2 - what else am I going to look forward from my tokens then? But my shield is only 3h so might as well score some more points. Sorry if I hit anyone unshielded.
  • Unknown
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:

I was hitting you pretty hard few weeks ago, probably we had similar mmr so you were showing constantly in my queue. But you were best target then and it was hard to skip you when I had same people over and over.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I'm done and shielded, so hit away. Curious as to how Sentry/Hood with the loaner will be able to defend.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Yes, that is normal.
    Welcome to MMR bubble hell, where all your skips give you the same 5 people, until someone unshields.

Not going to like this bubble business. How does anyone reach 1300?

And before someone says tank... I tanked the beginning of this event down to 1* lineups before starting my climb.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Yes, that is normal.

And before someone says tank... I tanked the beginning of this event down to 1* lineups before starting my climb.

After a certain amount of points (800 perhaps?) it no longer matters whether you fought your way there on 1*, 2*, or 3* teams. Everyone sees everyone, and as a result, it's mostly maxed 3*s at that level.

As for reaching 1300... shield hopping.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Go away Psykopathic, I've been sitting on top of this mountain for 24h, stop climbing! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Yes, that is normal.

It mostly comes down to catching high point matches in your queue while shielded. Once you've passed 850-900, you'll be able to see anyone who has crazy points. Catch some of them in your queue while they're unshielded. Then, when you hop, you can pull down 80-90 points with minimal risk (2 matches). It's a drain on your ISO profits, for sure, but if you need to climb high without spending tons of HP it's the only way.

This tourney is a bit of an anomaly though, as many are taking a break before season 4. Even the X-Men don't have anyone over 1400 right now, so you won't be able to draft off of their points. 1300 is probably more trouble than it's worth in this tourney. Only reason I'm even playing this one at all is to make sure my alliance buddies get to finish their Dakens up.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Just a PSA for others who may have forgotten - this event started an hour later than normal.

I was about to throw up a 3 hour shield when I noticed the timer read 3h 39 minutes instead of the 2h 39 min I was expecting....
    I restarted my phone thinking it was screwed up with the clock or something. I took my lunch break to get in a hop before the end. Now I've got to take another break. I think people are starting to notice.