Heavy Metal - July 14-16 - Low Sodium Edition

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I left in 2* torch lvl 6 storm, and un leveled im40 overnight

Y U NO HIT ME?! Grrr... Wouldn't it be awesome if 2* torch made you invisible to attack. Now THAT would be an interesting game mechanic.
    Get to 900 with that team and we can negotiate a pinata party!

And playing IM40/Fury/LT against a OBW/Ares team is not a good idea. By the time I got some attacks off, Fury was down to 2K health, LT down to 4K.
    Fury definitely is for defense and against maxed 3* teams, not the most annoying 2* combo.
    Isn't it the general idea that oBW needs to be burst down quick? Fury/IM/LT have lots of HP and not a single fast burst attack (dunno... Does Mjolnir count?). But I'm not the one to speak, lol, - I get blinded by tier arrogance often myself. I brought Sentry (talk about overkill) against cStorm who I didn't even down first icon_redface.gif

My tanking went extremely well, on the opposite, but I joined early, climbed to 300, and threw a lvl 13 Juggy in.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Y U NO HIT ME?! Grrr... Wouldn't it be awesome if 2* torch made you invisible to attack. Now THAT would be an interesting game mechanic.

If I saw that team I'd check your roster to see if it was a trap, and then skip, assuming it would cost me 48 points later on.

Guys! I swear it's not a trap.

It's totally a trap

but for the record, I try to not hit any forum members before the high pt mmr anyways.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not even trying to tank this... left in Ldaken/sentry overnight. They are not even cover maxed and soft capped at 114/102 respectively and gained 29 defensive points. Not bad for a transitioning team. Can burn OBW pretty quick on offense. Not sure how well they would do on defense against her though.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    dupe -- ignore/delete
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I'm guessing a lot of people who usually do didn't tank before this PVP, so they're seeing 166s right away - and I'd rather attack a LT team than Hood/Sentry, if those are the only options.

In this tournament IM's yellow hoses Sentry bigtime. (LT too but to a lesser effect). I plan to attack away on those just to verify the theory.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

If I saw that team I'd check your roster to see if it was a trap, and then skip, assuming it would cost me 48 points later on.

Guys! I swear it's not a trap.

It's totally a trap

but for the record, I try to not hit any forum members before the high pt mmr anyways.

Trap or not, I still don't see the point if a stronger team with the same points and roster behind it actually gets attacked. I thought the matchmaking adds some hosing for the tank teams so they are not much offered with some combination of MMR and points.

Especially to 0 pointers as many attacks I get at the low range if I enter early come from fresh entrants. And entry battles keep showing full teams despite skipping too.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I'm guessing a lot of people who usually do didn't tank before this PVP, so they're seeing 166s right away - and I'd rather attack a LT team than Hood/Sentry, if those are the only options.

In this tournament IM's yellow hoses Sentry bigtime. (LT too but to a lesser effect). I plan to attack away on those just to verify the theory.
    I thought about this. Since I did not give my IM a single level, I plan to switch for the loaner Unibeam one when ready to do my final push and leave Sentry/Hood to defend. I don't care if Sentry's 11 red Supernova or IM's 13 red Unibeam gets used icon_e_biggrin.gif (Unibeam is less likely to happen even!)
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I thought about this. Since I did not give my IM a single level, I plan to switch for the loaner Unibeam one when ready to do my final push and leave Sentry/Hood to defend. I don't care if Sentry's 11 red Supernova or IM's 13 red Unibeam gets used icon_e_biggrin.gif (Unibeam is less likely to happen even!)

If your IM lacks levels that is definitely a good idea. Otherwise the featured char matters, especially when IM has 7-11k life, after some point I guess teams with low level one gets picked out. I tried to push most of my less used heroes to ~70 old levels for that reason. IM40 even served the ISO down in heroics. icon_e_smile.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    locked wrote:

If your IM lacks levels that is definitely a good idea. Otherwise the featured char matters, especially when IM has 7-11k life, after some point I guess teams with low level one gets picked out. I tried to push most of my less used heroes to ~70 old levels for that reason. IM40 even served the ISO down in heroics. icon_e_smile.gif
    Yeah I pushed mine up his soft cap of 76 a while ago just because he's useful for tanking when he's boosted - which is the only time I'll use him icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I like to use LCap with IM40. I have my Recharge perma-**** at 2 covers and the red/blue battery does wonders for LCap. So I was looking around for a green user to toss in as a third, but I didn't want someone who was going to steal the red from LCap.

And that's when I noticed something for the first time: there are no 3* characters with a green power who don't also have a red power. Not a single one. The only ones who do are 2* Storm and 4* Bagwoman. Roster diversity? Working as intended!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I like hood with those two. Some passive steals and denial while you gather red and yellow, and his black is not the most damaging ability to add on the pile but it synergizes great with all the cd tiles the other two make.

Does the AI typically go after the highest AP ability? Which would mean caps yellow and IM40's red and blue ...ewww that would be awful
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is this season 4 or is there no season 4

I was away from a while not sure when im coming back because Im without an alliance and I am really busy with my summer job (i dont get home until 6:30pm my time so I struggle with time)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Is this season 4 or is there no season 4

I was away from a while not sure when im coming back because Im without an alliance and I am really busy with my summer job (i dont get home until 6:30pm my time so I struggle with time)

This is not season IV. That will start on Friday.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was under the impression there was no S4. After the 3 fury covers I figured it was done when it didn't immediately start. They're doing Fury repeat covers?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded for the duration at 822. Hope that's enough for top 5 (it has been for me lately), since I need one of each and my alliance appears to be taking a break.

I may break at the end if I have to for top 5, but I'd rather not have to. Feel free to attack me before then.
  • Unknown
    Options
    had to hit bowgentle earlier because it's the only maxed fury I've encountered. wasn't impressed. computer probably just sucks with him though.

already have daken maxed so not trying very hard this event, hit 900 and then stopped, don't want to waste HP on a shield for extra iso.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    had to hit bowgentle earlier because it's the only maxed fury I've encountered. wasn't impressed. computer probably just sucks with him though.

already have daken maxed so not trying very hard this event, hit 900 and then stopped, don't want to waste HP on a shield for extra iso.
    Yeah, I'm not too impressed with my Fury/Sentry combo on defense. I suppose Fury/Hood would be better, but then there's no green user on board. IM40 tourney probably is not a good test run for Fury teams.

I'll be collecting your retal in a couple of hours icon_e_wink.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    locked wrote:

Heh. Gave up and soft-capped IM 40 at lvl 89, which only took about 30k ISO. I still have enough left to max Daken, and after that the only three stars I got to work on are the likes of Psylocke (already lvl 145), Daredevil (through my dead body!), GSBW (why exactly does a green battery need levels?), Mororo (yeah, no), She-Hulk (riiight...), Falcon (not bad for PvE, but he's already level 90 and pretty viable), Doom-Loki-Ragnarok and Spidey. So I guess IM 40 is the next 'not worst' thing to level. At least he now tanks yellow for cStorm in PvE.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    finally i wont even touch this event.. having to choose between LR and HM, i go with LR.. i have my fury to finish and i need some 50 k isos.. not having to go through maxed im 40-10 k+hp all event long is gonna be some vacation in itself.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Thank you for this needed break d3..
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The amount of people who spent 25.000 HP on fury seems absurdly high...