Discussion - Patch Notes - R40 - 10/23

Options

Comments

• everytime i minimize the app and reopen, i get a pop up about the avengers tournament (which only happened whenever i closed the program) new change with the release and it can get really annoying for those who minimizes alot
  • Took it for a new spin, not sure if this is a glitch or just the rewards not updating.
    But at the first map, I went back to clear the rewards and I have it at 25/26. But the whole map has been cleared and the rewards have been cleared.

Edit- question regarding the character's level in relations to the ability levels. I know back then there was an ability level threshold that is capped at a total of 50 ability levels. Now with the new system, how is the cap changed?
  • @liquidsky: 13 points is the cap.

@all: the Thor yellow ability bug is only displayed wrong. It hits with his original strength. Just tried it out, got displayed 200 and hit for 650
  • Arclight wrote:
    @liquidsky: 13 points is the cap.

thanks for the answer!
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    The two tutorial missions also have a reward each. The second one in particular has a reward I can't win because you can't play those two missions again. I just hope I'm not missing out on a reward for 100%-ing a map (is there such a thing, though?) .

I'd also like to know how the new max hero level works. I'm guessing 40/50 levels for one-star heroes with 2/3 skills, and 85 levels for two-star heroes? (don't have heroes with more stars, YET icon_e_wink.gif )
  • IceIX wrote:
    Noted. We're still giving that info out through the bar on the left of the heroes, but naturally this is a change in the way you've been viewing information.

In addition to the cons already stated against this change, for characters with powers like Storm (Classic)'s Lightning Storm, where her power is more effective the more green tiles you have, it is a huge pain to have to first look at what power is causing the flashing, then to exit out, open up the side menu, see if you have enough green tiles to get the result from the power that you want, then select the tile again and then use it. It greatly complicates the flow and there doesn't seem to be a benefit for removing this information from the power usage screen. On slow devices such as I have (iPhone 3GS, what? what?!), every additional screen we have to click through really slows down the battle and makes the whole process frustrating. Please return this feature unless there is some compelling reason it was removed (in which case, please let us know what that reason is as I can't think of one).
  • uuddlrlr wrote:
    The two tutorial missions also have a reward each. The second one in particular has a reward I can't win because you can't play those two missions again. I just hope I'm not missing out on a reward for 100%-ing a map (is there such a thing, though?) .

I'd also like to know how the new max hero level works. I'm guessing 40/50 levels for one-star heroes with 2/3 skills, and 85 levels for two-star heroes? (don't have heroes with more stars, YET icon_e_wink.gif )

yea...that 25/26 is really bothering me now
  • liquidsky wrote:
    uuddlrlr wrote:

yea...that 25/26 is really bothering me now

Not sure if you two saw IceIX's reply in regards to that but if not, here it is:
    IceIX wrote:
    We're aware of the 25/26 issue. If you want to know programatically why, it's because one of the Tutorials is listed internally as having two rewards. As you can't replay the Tutorial, that other reward is unattainable. Display issue really, but we'll get it fixed.
  • uuddlrlr
    Options
    hogunner wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Noted. We're still giving that info out through the bar on the left of the heroes, but naturally this is a change in the way you've been viewing information.

In addition to the cons already stated against this change, for characters with powers like Storm (Classic)'s Lightning Storm, where her power is more effective the more green tiles you have, it is a huge pain to have to first look at what power is causing the flashing, then to exit out, open up the side menu, see if you have enough green tiles to get the result from the power that you want, then select the tile again and then use it. It greatly complicates the flow and there doesn't seem to be a benefit for removing this information from the power usage screen. On slow devices such as I have (iPhone 3GS, what? what?!), every additional screen we have to click through really slows down the battle and makes the whole process frustrating. Please return this feature unless there is some compelling reason it was removed (in which case, please let us know what that reason is as I can't think of one).

Another issue is that by tapping on a gem, you don't see how much damage you would do by matching gems of that color, if one skill of the same color is available and ready to be used; instead, it now defaults to the selection and text of that skill. I understand that the new way saves you one tap if you want to use the skill, but it totally removes the attack value information as long as you don't use the skill (unless you check the character profile, but that can require many more taps).
  • uuddlrlr
    Options
    uuddlrlr wrote:
    Whoops that info is in the patch notes, which are more detailed that the patch preview notes. New patch got me all giddy, so I'm not reading as thoroughly as usual icon_mrgreen.gif
  • another theme related to the patch: how does it go for all of you in the missions with the rewards? in the patchnotes there is something about the chances have been buffed, but i now played missions 18 times where i have already 3/4 rewards and I only got 1 reward and 17 times the 20 ISO...am I only really unlucky or is there something wrong?
  • I just want to say I love this game. Great stuff. Addictive as hell though. icon_e_smile.gif

I like the patch changes. I hate the only way to share stuff is through facebook though. I even tried to do that and there was an error and then it cancelled out so I didn't even get the reward. Tried a couple times.

Great game though. I will ignore the sharing part until it has its own internal allies/friends list like Playdom's Marvel Avengers Alliance.

Thanks for the update!
  • Mommson wrote:
    another theme related to the patch: how does it go for all of you in the missions with the rewards? in the patchnotes there is something about the chances have been buffed, but i now played missions 18 times where i have already 3/4 rewards and I only got 1 reward and 17 times the 20 ISO...am I only really unlucky or is there something wrong?

The most I've got is winning three 20 ISO-8 in a row since the patch but since IceIX didn't expand on exactly how the patch changed the formula for rewards, I can't speculate as to if you're just extremely unlucky or if your game is bugged. Maybe IceIX will stop by and drop some science on us. icon_e_smile.gif
  • uuddlrlr wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Another issue is that by tapping on a gem, you don't see how much damage you would do by matching gems of that color, if one skill of the same color is available and ready to be used; instead, it now defaults to the selection and text of that skill. I understand that the new way saves you one tap if you want to use the skill, but it totally removes the attack value information as long as you don't use the skill (unless you check the character profile, but that can require many more taps).

Both of these have been driving me crazy since the patch. I hope they fix it in the next update.
  • Mommson wrote:
    another theme related to the patch: how does it go for all of you in the missions with the rewards? in the patchnotes there is something about the chances have been buffed, but i now played missions 18 times where i have already 3/4 rewards and I only got 1 reward and 17 times the 20 ISO...am I only really unlucky or is there something wrong?

Personally, i'm seeing no difference either, i'm getting a ton of ISO-20 drops compared to the rewards. I do two concurrent missions using two different teams and one of them is still iso-20, and i think its 7-8 in a row so far for that team. the other team went 3-4 max of iso-20 drops, and working on the 4/4 one.
  • forgrim wrote:
    Mommson wrote:

Personally, i'm seeing no difference either, i'm getting a ton of ISO-20 drops compared to the rewards. I do two concurrent missions using two different teams and one of them is still iso-20, and i think its 7-8 in a row so far for that team. the other team went 3-4 max of iso-20 drops, and working on the 4/4 one.

I've been trying to get my last reward for "Guilty by Association" since last night, I'm steamrolling the thugs with Dr. Doom/Magneto/Wolverine and I went through 8x 20 ISOs. After the patch, I've gotten through 6x 20 ISOs so far.
  • liquidsky wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    Mommson wrote:

I've been trying to get my last reward for "Guilty by Association" since last night, I'm steamrolling the thugs with Dr. Doom/Magneto/Wolverine and I went through 8x 20 ISOs. After the patch, I've gotten through 6x 20 ISOs so far.

I just had another five or six 20 ISO-8 run until it finally hit. While definitely not as horrible as 20 in a row, that is still way higher than I thought it would be after the patch. For me two to four in a row are ok but any more than that just starts to get very frustrating and tedious when the payout is still only 20 ISO. If the iso rewards were bumped up to 50 (only while there were still rewards to collect and then, once all the rewards were collect, dropping back down to 20 ISO-8) then it'd still be worth it and not a waste of time.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Dralion wrote:
    I agree this was hugely helpful before and the only negative thing I noticed in this latest patch. Holy smokes Thor & Storm now with 85 levels...I need a LOT more ISO!

Hello, I agree with Dralion. Yes the information is available through the bar on the left, but it is annoying to have to swipe over to see it when before I could see quickly by tapping on the color. I can still see it when tapping on the color of a gem when there's not enough to trigger an ability, so that's a bit inconsistent. Also, when tapping on a gem to trigger an ability I can't swipe over to see how many I have.

So overall not sure the benefit of this change. If an ability is available to trigger, to plan out moves I need to first swipe to see how many of that color I actually have, then tap on the gem and make that choice. It's an extra step... and swiping is slower than tapping in interfaces.

Liking the other updates though.
  • Magneto's (Classic) red ability and Black Widow's (Grey Suit) green ability still do not generate AP. It's probably intended to be that way, but a note in the description like all of the other abilities that destroy tiles and don't generate AP would be nice.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The reduction in damage of Wolverine X's enraged slash is too much. Even when you add in the 3 rows of tile damage, it only adds up to <2000 dmg, for 15 AP? Even though the base damage is stated as 420, I believe the problem lies with the damage scaling with character level. At max skill level and a decently high character level, the base only scales to 1400 dmg.

That's less than the strength of Thor's thunder strike (2225 dmg, 11 AP), and worse than regular Wolverine 's adamantium slash (If I'm not mistaken, ~2000 dmg, 10 AP). I would imagine a legendary card is far stronger than the 2 star cards. The balance is clearly off here.