Top Gun - July 09-11 - Season III

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Thanks Worldrunner for being so ridiculously high up as to be worth 49 points and get me over 1100 on a single match in between shields. No Bagman Esq but perhaps next time.

Haha I don't think I'll be able to catch Slobo anyway so nothing to gain or lose I may bring him out still icon_e_biggrin.gif

And no problem. Hit me anytime. Getting sniped for 50 after winning a match for 20 is all part of getting a high score. It's the worst part too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Thanks Worldrunner for being so ridiculously high up as to be worth 49 points and get me over 1100 on a single match in between shields. No Bagman Esq but perhaps next time.

Haha I don't think I'll be able to catch Slobo anyway so nothing to gain or lose I may bring him out still icon_e_biggrin.gif
    And no problem. Hit me anytime. Getting sniped for 50 after winning a match for 20 is all part of getting a high score. It's the worst part too.

I'm curious how much HP you spend in shields (and boosts?) on a given event. I'll drop a few hundred for the cause to get up to 1100 if there's a new cover on the line, but I can't fathom the expense it would take to get up around 2k. It pains my frugal soul. Incidentally, I'm in your bracket. I'm the lone unshielded guy sitting in the middle of the top 10, because I don't give a single solitary ****. Not one. icon_e_smile.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh man. I just hit 800 pts and got the progression reward finally, yay, then just as I shielded, beee whacked me for 29 pts. Ouch. I was so close. I expect I'll fall out of top 10 by event end, but at least top 25 also has 2 covers, and with the progression hp, this round will still come up hp neutral. Not too shabby.

Now I can quit Top Gun, let my crew take a break plus regenerate health packs, then take them to the Simulator to get beat up again. Fun
  • Unknown
    Options
    5vAJYXV.jpg

IT'S BAGMANIA PT 2 Y'all!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    5vAJYXV.jpg

IT'S BAGMANIA PT 2 Y'all!!!

Not going to lie. There was a major double-take. Then I giggled a little. Then pounced. Hopefully you were shielded by then, I waited a bit.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:

I'm curious how much HP you spend in shields (and boosts?) on a given event. I'll drop a few hundred for the cause to get up to 1100 if there's a new cover on the line, but I can't fathom the expense it would take to get up around 2k. It pains my frugal soul. Incidentally, I'm in your bracket. I'm the lone unshielded guy sitting in the middle of the top 10, because I don't give a single solitary tinykitty. Not one. icon_e_smile.gif

I don't keep track of how many shields I use. It's a lot of course. I keep track of what I spend on MPQ just like I do on any other form of entertainment or anything really.

But we can try to do the math....

Let's assume I get to 1000 and shield. (1000 is fairly ambitious. Other players can get to 1200-1300 without shield, I'm not that good I guess)

Shield at 1000 - 75hp
    Find targets for 3 hit hops. 30 pts each on average (If they're available.)

Shield at 1130 - 75hp
    Shield at 1260 - 75hp
    Shield at 1390 - 75hp
    Shield at 1500 - 75hp
    Shield at 1600 - 75hp

Keep in mind this is if I can find perfect targets and never get sniped (Which I frequently do). At this point I would really only hit 2 people at the absolute most per hop. Usually just 1.

Shield at 1630 - 75hp
    Shield at 1680 - 75hp
    Shield at 1720- 75hp
    Shield at 1750 - 75hp
    Shield at 1780 - 75hp
    Shield at 1800 - 75hp
    etc etc etc.

Again the math is of course assuming that nothing goes wrong but that frequently happens. There are players in this game that can hope much more economically than me.

If you were to wait until later in the game to do your run and you could find the targets you could move up faster but at some point you are going to get hit constantly so you have to be conservative with when you go and you will get hit or get a bad board etc many times to knock you back a bit or make you break even on a 2-3 hit hop.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This pvp event is fun, falcon is fun.
    I enjoyed seeing redwing destroy sentry's sacrifice tile.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    I'm curious how much HP you spend in shields (and boosts?) on a given event.

I don't keep track of how many shields I use. It's a lot of course. I keep track of what I spend on MPQ just like I do on any other form of entertainment or anything really. But we can try to do the math....

Let's assume I get to 1000 and shield. (1000 is fairly ambitious. Other players can get to 1200-1300 without shield, I'm not that good I guess)
    Shield at 1000 - 75hp
    Shield at 1130 - 75hp
    Shield at 1260 - 75hp
    Shield at 1390 - 75hp
    Shield at 1500 - 75hp
    Shield at 1600 - 75hp
    Keep in mind this is if I can find perfect targets and never get sniped (Which I frequently do). At this point I would really only hit 2 people at the absolute most per hop. Usually just 1.
    Shield at 1630 - 75hp
    Shield at 1680 - 75hp
    Shield at 1720- 75hp
    Shield at 1750 - 75hp
    Shield at 1780 - 75hp
    Shield at 1800 - 75hp
    etc etc etc.

So let's just say you're spending in the neighborhood of 1000 HP per event, which actually sounds on the conservative side. You make back less than half that in winnings (assuming personal and alliance top placement) So you're out what? 1500? 2000 HP a week just in shields? Why? I'm not trolling, I am honestly curious what your motivation is, because clearly it's very different from mine.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Seriously sick of facing Magneto all the time. Magnetic Field + Projectile *every* ****** *turn*.
    Yet M. Storm's the one whose AP cost they're trying to nerf.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, the return of the death brackets! For freaking rag covers

74df5309-7f19-45ce-aa33-6e312dea0588_zpsbdd74aeb.png

Watch me not even get top 5
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded to the end at 817. Probably won't break shields, but might at the end if it means the difference for top 5 - I don't need the Yellow IW, so I'm happy to let someone else get it. I do want the 5k ISO though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

I was in one of those last event. Squeezed into the top 5 with a little under 1100. I had a couple nice scores lined up if it got crazy at the end but nobody pressed me. Some poor bastard with 1030ish points finished 6th.

Conversely, here I sit in Top Gun being lazy with my 750 points in 6th. Top 5 is 800. 700 for top 10. What a world, eh?
  • Unknown
    Options
    My fluffy bracket:
    1. 1126 (me!)
    2. 832
    5. 747
    6. 728
    9. 663 - unshielded all day. Was at 700+
    10. 647

Everyone except 9 is shielded. I'm rooting for you Ivan Mazepa, hold top 10.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I give up icon_e_sad.gif

There's points to be had but I get absolutely smashed around every match so I can only play a few before I can't keep Falcon going. With all the Hulk, Lazy Thor and Spidey I'm seeing, when I do win it's taken so long I've already been hit at least twice before I finish. I still haven't breached 600 points.

I don't think I've been this frustrated for weeks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I give up icon_e_sad.gif

There's points to be had but I get absolutely smashed around every match so I can only play a few before I can't keep Falcon going. With all the Hulk, Lazy Thor and Spidey I'm seeing, when I do win it's taken so long I've already been hit at least twice before I finish. I still haven't breached 600 points.

I don't think I've been this frustrated for weeks.

On the plus side, your sig is still awesome. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If there's anything I've learned from this event, it's that no one (at least in my bracket) wants to max out Falcon. I'm the only one in my top ten with a 166 one, though there's one with a 125. Everyone else's is just nothing. Keep in mind I'm in a really low scoring bracket, which I'm assuming is because I haven't played much at all since season three started and only messed with this event since I had an ueber Falcon on call.

I've also noticed there's someone with two maxed OBWs in his roster. Wonder how he's feeling about true healing.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

Oh come on, cutoff for t10 below 800, that's no death bracket icon_e_smile.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Wow I just picked off by someone just starting with less than 5 minutes to go...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    In my bracket, 10th had more than a 2x difference in points with #1 icon_e_biggrin.gif

yMnLKpY.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Oh come on, cutoff for t10 below 800, that's no death bracket icon_e_smile.gif
    Yeah, that is FAR from anything I would consider a death bracket. That like a mild slap fight bracket.