Top Gun - July 09-11 - Season III

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    This is nuts - I keep getting the same half dozen opponents over and over again. Is this something common that I've just never run into before?

They're at least doable and most of them are worth more than 20 points but it's so many Hulks and/or Thors. Admittedly with some Hood, Spidey and Laken for flavour.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    This is nuts - I keep getting the same half dozen opponents over and over again. Is this something common that I've just never run into before?
    Yes.
    It's the dreaded MMR bubble.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Oh goody. I might add that this is sub-500 points too.

I've heard people mention it before but it always seems to be well over 900 points before you run into it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is it just me or is the zombie horde bypassing this event... just walked up to 800 points. attacked 3 times for a net of +24 points. And I stayed unshielded overnight at around 550.

Now at 830... I see you in my nodes Bow. Don't worry, I keep skipping, I would prefer not to get annihilated by that team. lol
  • HairyDave
    Options
    It's just you.

I'm getting hit constantly. At least I'm winning about 25% of them so I'm not losing too many points but it's still a massive slog to get over 600.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    It's just you.

I'm getting hit constantly. At least I'm winning about 25% of them so I'm not losing too many points but it's still a massive slog to get over 600.

What team are you running?
  • HairyDave
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    It's just you.

What team are you running?

CMags/Punny. I don't really have a load of options.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    I see you in my nodes Bow. Don't worry, I keep skipping, I would prefer not to get annihilated by that team. lol
    Oh c'mon wheres the excitement? Bow I've got you queued up for later. Surely you can decimate me but not until I get my 50 points first. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    user311 wrote:
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    I see you in my nodes Bow. Don't worry, I keep skipping, I would prefer not to get annihilated by that team. lol
    Oh c'mon wheres the excitement? Bow I've got you queued up for later. Surely you can decimate me but not until I get my 50 points first. icon_e_wink.gif

I won't even try it because even boosted, I would get my tinykitty handed to me. lol
    HairyDave wrote:

CMags/Punny. I don't really have a load of options.

Well, you have a strike tile generator. So there is a plus.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    user311 wrote:
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Lol, thanks to both of you for holding off for whatever reason, I'm shielded now, so fire away if you like icon_e_smile.gif

That was the most amazing tourney I had in a while.
    Went from 820 to 1017 on 40+ pointers, had another couple queued.
    Hit the first one, wipe. Sentry, Falcon, UDaken dead.
    Ok, used my remaining 3 HP.
    Next 40 pointer. I wipe _again_.
    So instead of being at 1100 I'm down to 986 or something because I insisted on going in unboosted.
    Ok, now sane people would shield.
    Me, I decide to take my chances and wheel out the loaner Falcon and Patchneto.
    Got another two 45+ matches queued up, finish both. 1086.
    Ok, NOW you shield, right?
    Nope. Skip like mad, find another 30 pointer (no X-Men around, else this would have gone even faster), boost up my ears, finish the fight, shield up at 1117.
    And all that when I was planning on doing two 3hr and one final 8hr shield so as to not stress about reaching 1100 unshielded icon_lol.gif

Fun! Excitement!

TL;DR: Hit me if you got me, I'm done with the tourney. Thanks to all who might have held off their attacks when they saw me climb icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yay for story time! Good one, Bow. Thanks for sharing. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I also made the leisurely climb to 800 without getting hit once. I don't think anyone cares about this event except maybe for people who are fighting for season standing. I'm basically locked into my season rewards and I can't really be bothered to care anymore. I harvested the HP out of Birdman Battle Royale, I think I'm done. I might brawl a little for top 10 at the end. Then again I might not. Never can tell...
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish there were a way to turn off Redwing.

If you're running Daken, but the opponent is not, and you have several strike tiles, the AI will use Redwing, but then your Redwing takes out his countdown tile. He's free to Redwing another strike tile the next turn. Usually, it's not hard to outpace it with green matches, but it's still annoying that your Redwing is helping out the AI.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Spidey + Falcon = NO DAMAGE AT ALL!

Epically frustrating when you're watching critical matches doing 1 point of damage icon_e_surprised.gif

It's probably more annoying because I just cannot make it over 600 points. I get close, then either get smacked around or lose a match. I've just shielded at 490 points to at least try to salvage something out of this insane bloodbath icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This has been most fun I've had in a PvP all season (I know, the bar is low).

Boosted Falcon has done more for roster diversity in this event than true healing ever will.

1. He makes Psylocke viable as a speed striker. Seen her a few times.
    2. He makes 5 purple Spideys a real pain in the ****. Seen him a few times.
    3. To counter all the Dakens, Hulk can proc anger reliably off his now insanely buffed strike tiles. Seen a fair amount of Dr. Banner.
    4. Falcon is the only character who makes something good out of the way the AI (mis)plays Mag's blue. Mitigates his lower health compared to true tanks. Seen Mags out way more than I expected to.
    5. Haven't seen as much of Patchneto, and haven't had to break them out once.
    6. Punisher made more appearances.
    7. Edit - I almost forgot Dr. Doom! Saw more of him too.

We need more characters that synergize broadly to promote true diversity of play.

I've had Redwing eat an enemy Sacrifice tile 3 times this event. I've done over 2K with match damage several times.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Ca-caw!
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Same here. I actually get extremely so confused I can't even tell whose turn is whose. Since theyve ninja updated the animations to go faster on IOS, Im very glad I dont have epilespy. Im just like what the **** is going on icon_eek.gif then like oh it's my turn now.

Hey Bowgentle, I saw your node was still sitting at like 760ish and only worth 21 points. If I attack do I get 21 points or do I get 40+ since you went over 1100?
  • Unknown
    Options
    user311 wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    Same here. I actually get extremely so confused I can't even tell whose turn is whose. Since theyve ninja updated the animations to go faster on IOS, Im very glad I dont have epilespy. Im just like what the tinykitty is going on icon_eek.gif then like oh it's my turn now.

Hey Bowgentle, I saw your node was still sitting at like 760ish and only worth 21 points. If I attack do I get 21 points or do I get 40+ since you went over 1100?

It will tell you in the victory page that you got 21. But when you return and check your score, it will actually be the 40+ that was added.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I would like to hit whatever points I can before running out of healthpacks, shielding and going to bed, so please refrain from attacking my silly Patchneto/unmaxed Sentry/whatever team and rather skip to find much better shielded scores. Thanks, and good luck if you need the 1100 Falcon.

Edit: done, attack away!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks Worldrunner for being so ridiculously high up as to be worth 49 points and get me over 1100 on a single match in between shields. No Bagman Esq but perhaps next time.

Shielded out a bit over 1100 and leading my bracket by 350 or so. Only a couple people even shielded in my bracket.

This was a fun one. I just maxed Sentry and finally got to play with the silliness that in Daken/Sentry. Add in Falcon and it was quite amusing. Aside from the push at the end I pretty much never needed to use sacrifice. Match a few greens, match a yellow or two for bird boosts, and blow up the world.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    ... a bit over 1100 and leading my bracket by 350 or so.

And I got the joy of getting in a bracket with GIPSY (#1: 1748) and Flo98 (#2: 1598)... icon_rolleyes.gif

Guess my 600 and change will try to hold on for top 25... icon_redface.gif

Cheers!
  • Daeson
    Daeson Posts: 4
    Options
    Just curious if this is a feature or a bug ...

I was happily playing around within my bracket of 2* opponents around level 20-30 and I have a score of 260. I lost connection during a match and when I come back, the node I was fighting now has lvl 141's !!! I skipped and skipped but everyone was just overwhelmingly powerful. I completed the other two nodes who were still in my original opponent level, but now all three nodes are uber mega. I can't even play anymore icon_e_sad.gif

Does anyone know what happened? Thanks in advance