Top Gun - July 09-11 - Season III

Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got hit, often, once I passed 700. Armando... hope you liked hitting 7 times wasn't it? I mean, thanks for the def win on your first one, then you hit again and win...and again and again. Fine. Along with hits from kid, slob, etc. Like an X man party pinata at 700 points?

At 808, yet, can't find any match over 10-12 points, and had to shield to stop bleeding. But somehow, gipsy is over 1k, but no other X man has really moved up in a long time so far. Most at or below 800.

Done for the night. This game just gets more and more frustrating.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Everyone obviously already knows this, but I just have to say that Falcon + Daken is a lot fun. Who needs AP to do thousands of damage?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    clagsmd wrote:
    I'm so glad I decided to scale back my play for season 3. Already made my 5k and I'm out. No MPQ for me for a few days at least. Have fun battling over Rags covers everyone! Bwahahahahahaha! icon_lol.gif
    Well, I for one will be battling for the 5K ISO for T5.
    Rags covers are an unfortunate side-effect.

They're not an unfortunate side-effect; they're simply an additional 1500 ISO for top 5.

I kind of like this more than a high-demand character I don't need covers for because I don't feel like I'm depriving someone of useful covers by going for top 5.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I do need Rags covers - mine's only 2/1 - but I really don't want them. He never gets used other than when I have to.

Edit: I've fallen in love with Birdguy after he saved my bacon a few times.

I've been fighting lots of Spidey and CMags so there were plenty of big defensive tiles going down - which the AI Falcon dutifully make even worse. Like maxed Punisher doing no match damage worse. And then Redwing appears and all my problems go away.

200+ damage boosted strike tiles are nice too icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • pantsants
    pantsants Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    That awkward moment where your falcon's redwing takes away your opponent's redwing counter...
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was trying Astonishing Wolverine with OBW/Daken for a while which seemed to play out nicely with all those strike tiles. Not a fan of UberDaken taking away strike tiles though.

This morning I tried 127 Psylocke and 87 IM40 and it was like a ticking time-bomb. Even though she can only get out three strike tiles, the boosts from Falcon were like a shot of nitro. It was a slow build but man, they started hitting it off like crazy. Will remain to see how they do defensively. Going to try to refrain from shielding since I could take or leave Rags covers (even though my Rags is 2/1).

Also, my 300 progression token? Purple Falcon. So, now 2/3/3, level 145 buffed with room to level up pending more ISO. Boom!
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I was keeping pace with Chimaera - briefly - but I'll settle for slacking down in the mid 30's for now.

There's just not enough healthpacks to go around and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy any now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    I got hit, often, once I passed 700. Armando... hope you liked hitting 7 times wasn't it? I mean, thanks for the def win on your first one, then you hit again and win...and again and again. Fine. Along with hits from kid, slob, etc. Like an X man party pinata at 700 points?

At 808, yet, can't find any match over 10-12 points, and had to shield to stop bleeding. But somehow, gipsy is over 1k, but no other X man has really moved up in a long time so far. Most at or below 800.

Ex-men shield for the final 2 days and 12 hours of each pvp. A paltry 1-2k HP to not have to actually play the game. That's why you usually don't see them.

Come on man! it's Rags! . . . . .
  • Unknown
    Options
    I welcome the early attacks from those clowns at this point. I just save the retals for later. Always nice to have a few 50 point wins lined if you need a little extra boost at the end.

That said, I'm going to try and take it easy this event. That top 5 Iso is hard to ignore, but if I can sleepwalk into a top 10 finish without shielding that's probably a better move. I should be set for a couple Season 3 Bagpacks no matter what I do down the stretch, so **** it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I was keeping pace with Chimaera - briefly - but I'll settle for slacking down in the mid 30's for now.

There's just not enough healthpacks to go around and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy any now.

Health packs? Do you mean daken?

I used one on Thor I think. Probably going to sit around 600 for a day. Funny that guy from X3 flew up to 750 then got snacked down to the mid 600s. Day and a half left? Better shield. On second thought ima pass him and sit there unshielded on principle.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got my bird token at 300.
    Fingers crossed for gold.

GOLD!

C'mon Falcon yellow.

Sentry Green. The one I just bought two days ago to max Sentry. Well done game, well done.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Ex-men shield for the final 2 days and 12 hours of each pvp. A paltry 1-2k HP to not have to actually play the game. That's why you usually don't see them.

oh yeah...it's hide and seek with them it seems, lol. They pop out eventually... ... ...
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What would be the best 2* team for this event? I usually run OBW +Ares/Thor but that seems like a waste of my Falcon (2/4/2 buffed to 153). Falcon takes blue and purple from OBW so I figured I would replace her with one of the strike tile generators. I'm leaning towards Daken instead of AWolv so that green can be saved up for Onslaught.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What would be the best 2* team for this event? I usually run OBW +Ares/Thor but that seems like a waste of my Falcon (2/4/2 buffed to 153). Falcon takes blue and purple from OBW so I figured I would replace her with one of the strike tile generators. I'm leaning towards Daken instead of AWolv so that green can be saved up for Onslaught.

Any RGY/Daken is probably the strongest option. For true heal fans, Bullseye's an interesting option to limit damage while loading up the appropriate RGY nuke.

Random combination dept: I've considered using Bullseye/CStorm just to be irritating on defense. Might leave it up tonight just to see what the impact is compared to normal retaliation.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    FYI people, just had an encounter with an Enemy Invisible Woman team, paired with A.Wolvie & Falcon

Falcon's Passive Redwing will NOT erase either the Invisibility Tile or the Force Bubbles placed by an (Enemy) IW.

The behaviour with respect to the (Untouchable/Locked) Force Bubbles is similar to how using C.Mags' Mag Field to overwrite tiles will not Overwrite a Force Bubble itself, but the tile underneath it instead leading to a locked Protect Blue tile underneath the bubble (and no protection for you).

Had to spam out Falcon's Purple so that the lone IW left alive wouldn't kill my chars with Force Bubbles while I tried get some way to reach her untargetable, unmatchable, unreachable Invis Tile (Always stuck in the corner away from Yellows when the AI uses it...). icon_e_confused.gif

Finally got (the computer) to make a 4-in-a-row match to blow the Invis Tile, allowing me to finally use Thunder Strike, Chemical Rxn, etc. etc. on her to close out the match.

Not a bug, just a warning....I'll throw this into Falcon's Character Discussion page too
  • Unknown
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

I like to hit 1900 in the first 30 minutes and then shield until the end of the event. icon_redface.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

Health packs? Do you mean daken?

I used one on Thor I think. Probably going to sit around 600 for a day. Funny that guy from X3 flew up to 750 then got snacked down to the mid 600s. Day and a half left? Better shield. On second thought ima pass him and sit there unshielded on principle.
    Nah I just meant that between this event, Training and two PVE subs all at the same time, there's only so much I can do before I run out of steam. Even with minimising the crossovers, one or two nasty cascades and I'm done.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Apparently I never actually got around to looking at the rewards for this event. I guess I could use the covers since mine is only 2/4, but I don't know if I'll really be trying all that hard. Probably just go for the Bagman Token Reward.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's strangely satisfying to try to setup a World Rupture to overkill the other team by 10K on each person.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Note to whichever dev added the code to give Ares a 15 AP cascade every time he's in a match against me: Go **** yourself.

Sincerely yours,
    wharrrgarbl