**** Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile) ****

Comments

• What if they kept his damage and AP the same, while keeping another item the same? The fact that he only has one ability.

Now some questions for those beloved forumites who can analyze and theorize about game mechanics.

1) If he has one ability, then 5 covers would make him level 166. With only having the one ability, is this good, bad, ugly?

2) If #1 is no good, then how about having one ability that can be covered 13 times?

It would be different in any case. icon_e_smile.gif
    1) a one star cannot level that high

2) that is asking for trouble. He would have to have three skills even if the other two are passive to only increase the first

I didn't say he would be 1 star.

The point of the post is to offer a different idea to keep Devil Dino as powerful as he is now and gather feedback. So why does he HAVE to have 3 skills? Implementation problems? Possibly confusing to newbies? Something else?
  • simonsez wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    If he ever is released as a 3* I think the community is going to be dissapointed. There's no way they can keep his Prehistoric Bite at 3600ish damage for 6 green on a playable character.
    You're probably right, but Deadpool's red is already pretty similar

Deadpool suffers diminishing returns tho. In order to get the 3786 for 6 red a target has to have at least 5825 health. Using it twice does not kill that character, it leaves them with 718 health. A more applicable example, any character with 6800 health hit twice by ALOtT goes to 1055 health, and if hit with Prehistoric Bite twice he's dead.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    If he ever is released as a 3* I think the community is going to be dissapointed. There's no way they can keep his Prehistoric Bite at 3600ish damage for 6 green on a playable character.
    You're probably right, but Deadpool's red is already pretty similar

Deadpool suffers diminishing returns tho. In order to get the 3786 for 6 red a target has to have at least 5825 health. Using it twice does not kill that character, it leaves them with 718 health. A more applicable example, any character with 6800 health hit twice by ALOtT goes to 1055 health, and if hit with Prehistoric Bite twice he's dead.

A workaround for that would be that he cannot "bite" the same person twice. He could get a little marker on the victim's HP bar (like Deadpool) that would prevent a second bite. Maybe they could give him a second ability like a "roar" that makes those marks fall off, so you would have to work hard for a second bite.
  • Pics or GTFO
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Can't wait til he's added to tokens... icon_devildino.png
  • daibar wrote:
    Can't wait til he's added to tokens... icon_devildino.png

They've got that set for the MPQ tenth anniversary celebration.
  • EDIT: Nevermind.
  • I would rather see this :

star.pngstar.png Lvl 94 - 4740 HP (49 HP/LVL -> LVL 15 869 HP)

greenflag.png Prehistoric Bite
    Level 1 : damage 600 (base damages) / cost 11 greentile.png
    Level 2 : damage 800 (base damages) / cost 10 greentile.png
    Level 3 : damage 1000 (base damages) / cost 9 greentile.png
    Level 4 : damage 1250 (base damages) / cost 8 greentile.png
    Level 5 : damage 1500 (base damages) / Cost 7 greentile.png

(at lvl 94, it deals a maximum of 2600 damages to a single target)

Bonus effect : if the player owns 12 yellowtile.png or more, Devil uses his tail to deal those damages to all ennemies. (Same amount to all targets)

redflag.png Primal rage - cost 6 redtile.png
    Level 1 : Destroys 4 greentile.png, redtile.png or yellowtile.png (random choice, could be 1 greentile.png, 1 redtile.png and 2 yellowtile.png, p.e.) tiles on the board. does not generate AP.
    Level 2 : Destroys 6 greentile.png, redtile.png or yellowtile.png (random choice) tiles on the board. does not generate AP.
    Level 3 : Destroys 8 greentile.png, redtile.png or yellowtile.png (random choice) tiles on the board. does not generate AP.
    Level 4 : Destroys 2 greentile.png, redtile.png or yellowtile.png (NOT random choice, the player can choose) tiles on the board. does not generate AP. (can destroy all types of tiles except the countdowns)
    Level 5 : Destroys 3 greentile.png, redtile.png or yellowtile.png (NOT random choice, the player can choose) tiles on the board. does not generate AP. (can destroy all types of tiles, including countdowns)

yellowflag.png Stubborn but faithful (Passive)
    Level 1 : when you owns 14 yellowtile.png or more, you gain an additionnal AP to every greentile.png match.
    Level 2 : when you owns 14 yellowtile.png or more, you gain an additionnal AP to every greentile.png and redtile.png match.
    Level 3 : when you owns 14 yellowtile.png or more, you gain an additionnal AP to every greentile.png, redtile.png and yellowtile.png match.
    Level 4 : when you owns 12 yellowtile.png or more, you gain an additionnal AP to every greentile.png, redtile.png and yellowtile.png match.
    Level 5 : when you owns 10 yellowtile.png or more, you gain an additionnal AP to every greentile.png, redtile.png and yellowtile.png match.

Explanation :
    Devil is a friend of hulk in the TV anime serie HULK and the S.M.A.S.H. Agents. His friendship with Hulk creates a link with him, and since Hulk can provide green with his black passive, it would allow a nice combo to generate green (but not only green, of course).

Why yellow and not black too, like hulk ?
    - cause it created a third color if you use them both in team : greentile.png, redtile.png and then yellowtile.png (since blacktile.png is useless to match with hulk, but yellowtile.png wouldn't with Devil)
    Then, the player will have to choose between 2 of those three colors if he wants to deal damages, which means that if the player can't easily get those two AP colors enough, he will be in danger. Can be a problem in a Two chars battle (like Versus Events), but far less problematic in a three chars battle (like the Versus Simulator).

Two ways to play them ?
    - He can be used as support AP provider with his passive and control (build would be 3/5/5), but also like a damage dealer (build 5/5/3 or 5/3/5).
    Anyway, he's a tank and has enough life to be teamed with any other char using the same colors.
    - Control would consider him as a strong char against computer chars like Soldiers, Commanders, Maggia... as he can remove a countdown for 6 redtile.png , allowing you to avoid strong ennemy damages.
    He would also be useful to remove the single tile strong effect makers like Sentry (yellow skill), Human Torch (green), Magneto 2** (red), Invisible woman (blue)...

I could write a lot more lines to explain this choise and possibilities. Just ask.
  • What ? Cameo said 4 stars ? icon_e_surprised.gif

Devil isn't that legendary to deserve his four stars version since he had a single star version playable by the computer yet icon_e_surprised.gif
    Strange choice the staff did °°
  • It's ok to poop a little when I open my 1st Devil Dino cover, right?

...just making sure
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well 4* status confirmed. That will be very intersting. Depending on the colors, I'm assuming Devil Dinosaur will be Red/Green/Black and that Thorita will be red/green/yellow. That would give 4*'s 5 characters, I"m assuming all but IW will be playable. Fury/X-Force/and either Thorita or Devil would give you the full rainbow, umm that sounds very pay to win IMO.
  • I think they confirmed Thor isn't RYG.
  • What ? Cameo said 4 stars ? icon_e_surprised.gif

Devil isn't that legendary to deserve his four stars version since he had a single star version playable by the computer yet icon_e_surprised.gif
    Strange choice the staff did °°

Pretty sure he's been upgraded to 4* in the cameo a while ago. I remember checking his profile in the teamup and noted that he went from 1* to 4* in one of the The Hunt events. It's probably done since his baseline stats were too insane as a 1* when scaled to high levels.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Since Ice said that one of DDino's animations was his new favorite, I want something like this:

8 purpletile.png - Devil Dino moonwalks across the screen, then kicks you really hard for 3K damage. Call it "Smooth Animal."
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Should be Devil Dinosaur (Nextwave), IMHO.
  • I prefer the HUlk S.M.A.S.H.'s version :'(
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    It's ok to poop a little when I open my 1st Devil Dino cover, right?

...just making sure

I plan on squealing like a teenager watching a boy band in concert.....then maybe poop a little.