**** Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile) ****

Options

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He should also have regen too, since reptiles can grow new tails and stuff like that...
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ^^ Now that made me think introduction of the Lizard (as a new character).
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just noticed that the date of this post was Dec. 2013.

That means the devs have had Dino for almost as long as the game has been around. So why has he not been released?
  • I'd love him as a playable character. Even with just one ability. I keep his TUs in my virtual trophy cabinet that is my TU screen.
  • You can have him (her?) as a Team Up. Nearly there...
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure if there are any other threads that have been necro'd more than this one.

THE UNDEAD THREAD RISES AGAIN!!!

Pretty sure that should be one of his abilities when he gets released.

Undead Thread Rises Again!!!
    Black (Passive)
    Every time Devil Dino runs out of Health, generates a single Black 12 turn countdown tile. When activated drains his Team's AP & Devil Dino rises again with 5% of his normal health.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Countdown reduced to 11 turns.
    Level 3: Recovers 10% of his normal health.
    Level 4: Countdown reduced to 10 turns.
    Level 5: Drains AP by only half.
  • 4-star devil dinosaur?

249px-Devildino.jpg
  • Just because we can now: icon_devildino.pngicon_devildino.pngicon_devildino.pngicon_devildino.pngicon_devildino.pngicon_devildino.pngicon_devildino.png
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be kind of funny if he had three abilities, but they all were identical in wording and effect - red black green, all CHOMP. Or, maybe, a 6, 9, 12 cost spread among green, red, black abilities. *chomps*, *chomps hard*, *chomps the everloving tinykitty out of the target*, etc.

If not, let's see... maybe something like this:

star.pngstar.pngstar.png Devil Dinosaur
    redflag.png ROAR
    9 redtile.png

ROAAARRR!!! Devil Dinosaur roars, terrifying his enemies (and knocking them off of their feet), sending them into into disarray and scrambling for cover.

Level 1: Stuns the enemy team for one turn, deals 150 damage to the enemy team, and drains 1 AP of every color.
    Level 2: Stuns the enemy team for one turn, deals 225 damage to the enemy team, and drains 1 AP in every color.
    Level 3: Stuns the enemy team for one turn, deals 250 damage to the enemy team, and steals 1 AP in every color.
    Level 4: Stuns the enemy team for one turn, deals 275 damage to the enemy team, and steals 1 AP in every color.
    Level 5: Stuns the enemy team for one turn, deals 300 damage to the enemy team, steals 1 AP in every color, and drains 1 AP in every color.
    Max Level: Stuns the enemy team for one turn, deals 700 damage to the enemy team, steals 1 AP in every color, and drains 1 AP in every color.

blackflag.png Predatory Trample
    8 blacktile.png
    Devil Dinosaur smells blood and fear, and viciously tramples the enemy's weakest team mate.

Level 1: Deals 25% of Devil Dinosaur's current health in damage to the enemy team member with the least health.
    Level 2: Deals 35% of Devil Dinosaur's current health in damage to the enemy team member with the least health.
    Level 3: Deals 45% of Devil Dinosaur's current health in damage to the enemy team member with the least health, and stuns that team member for one turn.
    Level 4: Deals 55% of Devil Dinosaur's current health in damage to the enemy team member with the least health, and stuns that team member for one turn.
    Level 5: Deals 65% of Devil Dinosaur's current health in damage to the enemy team member with the least health, and stuns that team member for two turns.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    icon_devildino.pngDevil Dinosaur star.pngstar.png

Lvl.94 - 4320/4320

greenflag.png Prehistoric Bite 6 greentile.png
    Level 1: damage 1300

redflag.png Carnivore Origins (passive) redtile.png
    Level 1: more then 9 on the board Dino destroys 1 ap of the strongest color

yellowflag.png Primitive Savagery 6 yellowtile.png
    Level 1: places 3 random attack or strike titles with a strength of 88
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They changed his animation so beware of it. It almost made me jump as I wasn't expecting it. Instead of a delay and a side view of a roar, he immediately comes at you trying to bite your face off. Well done, I haven't been shocked by a match 3 game until now.
  • IamTheDanger
    Options
    I have not seen it yet, but ...
    Maybe the change in his animation means they are working on him because he will be released soon. icon_question.gif Cross your fingers, toes, eyes and ears.

I sure hope so, Dino would make a great 1 year anniversary release.
  • If he ever is released as a 3* I think the community is going to be dissapointed. There's no way they can keep his Prehistoric Bite at 3600ish damage for 6 green on a playable character.
  • IamTheDanger
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    If he ever is released as a 3* I think the community is going to be dissapointed. There's no way they can keep his Prehistoric Bite at 3600ish damage for 6 green on a playable character.

He would have to be 4*, no question about that. As for his Bite, the devs would probably change it to cost a Lot more Ap or do less damage. Maybe both knowing how they like to neuter characters. Even with a change like that though, I'd still want him. He could have a tail whip ability that damages a singal enemy or the whole enemy team, or a roar that acts like a sonic blast or concussion grenade that stuns 1 opponent at first, then all 3 opponents with more covers, and finally at 5 covers, stuns first enemy for 3 or 4 turns and the other 2 for 1 turn. Like Venoms purple ability does.

Now that would be an awesome anniversary gift.
  • john1620b
    Options
    I have not seen it yet, but ...
    Maybe the change in his animation means they are working on him because he will be released soon. icon_question.gif Cross your fingers, toes, eyes and ears.

I sure hope so, Dino would make a great 1 year anniversary release.
    That's my guess, as well. Kind of like they did with Fury.
  • What if they kept his damage and AP the same, while keeping another item the same? The fact that he only has one ability.

Now some questions for those beloved forumites who can analyze and theorize about game mechanics.

1) If he has one ability, then 5 covers would make him level 166. With only having the one ability, is this good, bad, ugly?

2) If #1 is no good, then how about having one ability that can be covered 13 times?

It would be different in any case. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Slightly unrelated, the goons' Silent Strike ability also got a new animation. It's quite slick.
  • If it meant a power that did >600 damage per AP at level 166 I would go for 13 green covers to max level Dino. Run Dino, C.Mags, X-Force and watch the enemies flee in terror and die en mass with blacktile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.png and yellowtile.png powers of DOOM. No purple, but who cares.
  • What if they kept his damage and AP the same, while keeping another item the same? The fact that he only has one ability.

Now some questions for those beloved forumites who can analyze and theorize about game mechanics.

1) If he has one ability, then 5 covers would make him level 166. With only having the one ability, is this good, bad, ugly?

2) If #1 is no good, then how about having one ability that can be covered 13 times?

It would be different in any case. icon_e_smile.gif
    1) a one star cannot level that high

2) that is asking for trouble. He would have to have three skills even if the other two are passive to only increase the first
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    If he ever is released as a 3* I think the community is going to be dissapointed. There's no way they can keep his Prehistoric Bite at 3600ish damage for 6 green on a playable character.
    You're probably right, but Deadpool's red is already pretty similar