**** Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile) ****

Options

Comments

• i want him too but preferrably as a 1 or 2* so i can max him out
  • Given the storyline so far, I'd love to see Nick Fury as a playable cover, but one of his abilities could be to swap in Devil Dino for x number of turns. Like a Final Fantasy summon, essentially. Fury could be extra squishy (or even 2*) to balance this out.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Given the storyline so far, I'd love to see Nick Fury as a playable cover, but one of his abilities could be to swap in Devil Dino for x number of turns. Like a Final Fantasy summon, essentially. Fury could be extra squishy (or even 2*) to balance this out.

I am sure it is only a matter of time until Fury decides its time to deliver some sweet justice to the Dark Avengers' posteriors himself but I doubt calling on Devil Dino will be one of his skills. Fury is not exactly known for calling on dinosaurs. Unless they added the missions where Fury calls on Dino to the Prologue this would be a very confusing skill to see on Fury. Cool but confusing without context.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Don't bother responding to cherryloop threads btw, I'm shocked he's not banned yet.

Because they seem to start half their posts with 'so, .....', which is offensive, or their slightly less offensive avoidance of the profanity filter?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Don't bother responding to cherryloop threads btw, I'm shocked he's not banned yet.

Because they seem to start half their posts with 'so, .....', which is offensive, or their slightly less offensive avoidance of the profanity filter?

I think he holds the record for most locked threads on this forum. Which is impressive considering he only has 13 posts . And then there's this too:
    cherryloop wrote:
    because the staff are lazy bums. get new caraters already wow. there are tons to create icon_exclaim.gif

For God's sake cherryloop:

1. The word is spelled CHARACTERS. Last time you left out the H, now you're missing the H and C.
    2. If you are so dissatisfied with the game, find something else to do... like working on your spelling.
  • modmousests
    Options
    Why cant we get this character already instead of lazies? They clearly already have the art done for it. Make it happen d3
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not sure if trolling, or just really likes dinosaurs. Either way, 10/10.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Why the bloody hell would you give a PvE exclusive character an entire skillset and cover but not give it to us? Tell us D3! Tell us.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think this could be the season 4 exclusive rewards!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Why the bloody hell would you give a PvE exclusive character an entire skillset and cover but not give it to us? Tell us D3! Tell us.

IceIX said in the past that Devil Dinosaur is an incomplete character and only has the barest of minimum requirements to be playable (only 1 ability, 1 animation). In other words, DD is in a state similar to what Fury was after his Season 1 teaser release, when he only had one color implemented and accessible in the game. There would be considerable work needed to fill out the remainder of his abilities, animations, and art to make him a full character. He also implied that this would not likely happen because they would not expect him to be a strong cover seller, even if he was fully fleshed out.

A shame, really. But, that's the way the devs have called it (at least in the past).
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's a damn shame, as for his other abilities they could just palette swap his art, frequency shift his roar, and I'd still be onboard. Who would vote for a 2 star Torch/lazy char over Devil Dino? I'd hope nobody, and if they did vote, I''d suspect them of being Enemies of the State.

I'm already thinking of some abilities that would never be implemented:

//Prehistoric Roar
    10 Black
    Stuns the enemy team for 1 turn, and drains (not steals) all of their AP by 1 (*at max level, AP drain of 3, stun of 2)

//Predation
    10 Red
    Damages the enemy team for xxxx, inflicts an additional xxxx damage on the enemy team member with the lowest health (*at max level, downs enemy target with the lowest health, as long as it has been damaged by at least 50%)
  • Unknown
    Options
    We were just talking in alliance chat about this. We proposed that a fair exchange would be to pay 3000 HP to "upgrade" Rags into Devil Dino.

frI4DS5.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    just give him a red aoe that destroys tiles and does a million damage (high damage version of shulk's red) for 10AP. 2 color ****, done. basically a bigger juggernaught/ragnarok.
  • Unknown
    Options
    BTW, is it just me or did Devil Dinosaur node give big iso cache in the past runs? As pinnacle of the story and all that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think they underestimate how much people love Dinosaurs if they think he wouldn't actually see play. I'd wager a guess and say that he'd probably sell more covers than most other 1*'s aside from maybe Iron Man. I know I'd roster him and get him to the level cap.
  • Unknown
    Options
    rowaasr13 wrote:
    BTW, is it just me or did Devil Dinosaur node give big iso cache in the past runs? As pinnacle of the story and all that.

No, though it varied. It was usually given out as the "first completion" bonus, if I remember right.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    rowaasr13 wrote:

No, though it varied. It was usually given out as the "first completion" bonus, if I remember right.
    I remember the first time Hunt was run, that node was repeatable and one of the prizes was Hero Points - 50 I think?
    Good ole days.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    rowaasr13 wrote:

I remember the first time Hunt was run, that node was repeatable and one of the prizes was Hero Points - 50 I think?
    Good ole days.

Yup. Used to be a one-time 50 HP reward as a "congratulations" for reaching the end of the storyline for the event.

But, that was back when event progression mattered more than event placement. How times have changed.

Over time, the node's reward has been downgraded from a one-time "chance" at 50 HP, to now just a one-time a random pull off the "easy" node reward table.

As you stated, the good ole days.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would totally take Devil Dinosaur. **** you, I'm a T-Rex.
  • themoneymaker
    themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bump for reasons of Dino worship