**** Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile) ****

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The last thing this game needs is a character with 20k health and cheap abilities that deal 4k damage. Oh, and let's not forget that DD covers are not available as rewards which will make the game strictly P2W if he ever gets to pre-nerf XF levels. He is a niche character who is fine as he is. Now, if we could get a confirmation that he will never be required in a pve/pvp, I would happily sell him to make some room in my roster because slots are getting ridiculously expensive.
  • Unknown
    Options
    'Raw dmg' and 'high health' is actually not that strong in this game. Everyone who excels, its not just because they hit hard have high health or both. I mean look at 3hor - - he hits hard and has high health, but its the nature of feeding himself that makes him strong. As well, he uses the two of the strong colors with his Red/Green, so even with a dmg boost, he would still be fighging against the likes of IMHB.

He also wouldn't P2W, no one is saying 'make XF Jr'. But he is a FOUR STAR, he takes like 400k ISO to level, along with covers and most importantly to me - he takes a slot that is worth currently 700 hp to me. What kind of trophy is a waste of space? Bagman isn't a trophy, he's a literal joke, so it's fine. To get DD takes time and some heavy lifting during anniversary events.
    - Unreall
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Options
    Is his cover costs the same as any 4* @ 2500 HP? I haven't hit 365 days yet. I'd rather have him than Bagman. I actually have a fully covered Bagman (not leveled) just because I thought eventually he would be an essential even if it was just for April Fool's. Has D3 promised these two characters (plus 1*) never to be essential?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is his cover costs the same as any 4* @ 2500 HP? I haven't hit 365 days yet. I'd rather have him than Bagman. I actually have a fully covered Bagman (not leveled) just because I thought eventually he would be an essential even if it was just for April Fool's. Has D3 promised these two characters (plus 1*) never to be essential?

Covers are 2500 HP like any other 4* but his cost to level ISO wise is lower (~20% lower). I believe he was essential for the anniversary week dino party PvE, there's a chance they may repeat that for the second anniversary. I need 4 more covers to finish his build and I'm waiting until the second anniversary rolls around to see if he's temporarily available again (otherwise I'm just using my stored up HP).
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Always a weak 4 star, most players now only have access to these covers upon hitting day 365. Everyone gets one of each, and then can decide to buy the rest. But considering the state he's in, who would bother? This seems like a missed opportunity.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I dunno man, run him in a team with Kamala Khan and Professor X and you you have a pretty annoying team. One purple match = 3 free special tiles and a free heal, with a small possibility of creating a cascade. Ultimate Troll Team Go!!

Or...add Starlord for 1AP Dino Dances!
  • I bet he gets an overhaul to go with the new comic. Plus, they won't be able to resist adding Moon Girl as a new character (or replacing Devil Dino with a DD + MoonGirl combo like Rocket + Groot).
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    one suggestion would be to make he's pink ravenous hunger a passive ability that has a % effect to recast his other abilities for 1/2 the current damage and lowers the % chance to cast again with a few random tiles destroyed for damage no ap, more levels higher starting % maxing at 50%. The two fighting abilities will need to tweaked a bit since they are so similar red can be the damage chomp for higher damage and the green can be a tail whack that destroys a cone shaped area of the board for small/medium damage it would give the feeling of a rampaging dinosaur

more this
    3727364-devil_dino-avenging_spider-man%2315.jpg
    less this
    DevilDinosaur4.jpg
  • DubbaHuss wrote:
    Always a weak 4 star, most players now only have access to these covers upon hitting day 365. Everyone gets one of each, and then can decide to buy the rest. But considering the state he's in, who would bother? This seems like a missed opportunity.

Dino was meant as a one-off novelty toon. Not to be taken too seriously in the first place.
  • I just posted this over in the general topics thread, so I thought I would here too. During anniversary week I managed to get a lot of his covers, and after day 367 ended up with a 4/3/5 build, which might be the worst possible build to level up, but I do have him now at lv.232. He really can be fun to play, but you need a strike tile generator to make him really dangerous. My preferred team is Dino, BP, Hood, with BP tanking all colors for hood - try it in Sim, it's really fun.

I understand he's a gimmick, but since the devs will inevitably release a similar gimmick (I'm guessing Gorgon + a 4*), I think Dino will have earned a permanent buff:

His red and green powers are exactly the same - why? Make them slightly different. Maybe green does a 1 turn stun in addition to dmg (with increasing dmg and stun time at higher levels), and red produces attack tiles in addition to dmg (increasing dmg and number of attack tiles at higher levels), recognizing that if you really did get bitten or chomped by a giant dinosaur you also might need a one turn break, or bleed for a while after. Moves that tell a story, that's what MPQ is supposed to be about, right?
  • I don't care anymore how they do it, a 4* trophy is a waste of ISO, HP, and covers, even at his discounted rate. all he does is make scaling even more annoying...but as I was saying I don't care how they do it, they just need to make him USEFUL. I don't CARE that he's anniversary only, @ 4* he's too precious a commodity to simply be a 'joke'.

Up his dmg to actually dangerous levels and adjust his purple to happen in a random location. I'm not asking for him to be super skrong, but just useful.
    - Unreall
  • I don't care anymore how they do it, a 4* trophy is a waste of ISO, HP, and covers, even at his discounted rate. all he does is make scaling even more annoying...but as I was saying I don't care how they do it, they just need to make him USEFUL. I don't CARE that he's anniversary only, @ 4* he's too precious a commodity to simply be a 'joke'.

Up his dmg to actually dangerous levels and adjust his purple to happen in a random location. I'm not asking for him to be super skrong, but just useful.
    - Unreall
    he'd be useful if he had an actual purple
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well the big dancing Dino is coming back and I'm 3 covers away from maxing him so I'm kind of excited. Leaning towards a 3/5/5 build but purple is just a purple dump to spam with characters that have passives like Prof X and Carnage so may go 5/5/3.
  • I do love my dino and am pleased to see him return.

However it is so obvious amongst the newer 3* characters he is too weak.

With cyclops, cage and iron cost so powerful i think it's about time dino got improved.

When put against newer four stars he does not even come close to competing which is very frustrating for what should be a must have cover icon_e_sad.gif

He really needs a top passive ability and stronger attack powers to manage on the game today.

Imo all older 4 stars are tired and weak invisible woman, elektra, dino and the nerfed xforce wolverine are not a patch on the power drift of the newer characters
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do love my dino and am pleased to see him return.

However it is so obvious amongst the newer 3* characters he is too weak.

With cyclops, cage and iron cost so powerful i think it's about time dino got improved.

When put against newer four stars he does not even come close to competing which is very frustrating for what should be a must have cover icon_e_sad.gif

He really needs a top passive ability and stronger attack powers to manage on the game today.

Imo all older 4 stars are tired and weak invisible woman, elektra, dino and the nerfed xforce wolverine are not a patch on the power drift of the newer characters
    He still has high HP and cheap powers. Even back when he was released he wasn't that much to write home about since the devs wanted to make sure those who got him couldn't abuse him. He mostly saw play as a way to slow down Sentry bombers...
  • Exactly but as the game has progressed and sentry is no longer effective this has made dd even less use.

Although people say low cost for ability the fact it's so weak though really negates the to take even the same amount of power as some 3 stars you need to fire it 2-3 times (which is not cheap)
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    I don't care anymore how they do it, a 4* trophy is a waste of ISO, HP, and covers, even at his discounted rate. all he does is make scaling even more annoying...but as I was saying I don't care how they do it, they just need to make him USEFUL. I don't CARE that he's anniversary only, @ 4* he's too precious a commodity to simply be a 'joke'.

- Unreall
    he'd be useful if he had an actual purple

His purple is his best ability, and honestly isn't too bad. It's more bout him having a good red/green. Their damage/ap ratio is comparable to Quicksilver except he does more than just do damage icon_eek.gif
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have one purpleflag.png about to expire and was thinking of just selling it. Is there any reason I should roster him? It seems like a waste either way. I know he's rare and all but he would be completely useless until I hit day 365 (im at 88).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    VazzVegas wrote:
    I have one purpleflag.png about to expire and was thinking of just selling it. Is there any reason I should roster him? It seems like a waste either way. I know he's rare and all but he would be completely useless until I hit day 365 (im at 88).
    The main reason to use him is his high HP and low cost moves. If that's not appealing to you, you are probably better off selling him. You'll get your daily rewards before next anniversary anyway, and if he's needed before then he should be handed out more too.
  • I'd just sell. If they were going to buff him, they would have before the anniversary. They didn't. He's 100% trophy that just sits on the shelf until the anniversary where he gets pulled out for one or two events to bite things and dance.

Don't waste your time, money, or scaling.
    - Unreall