**** Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile) ****

Options

Comments

• Maestro145
    Maestro145 Posts: 58
    Options
    Yes, I remember old good times when basically only Francky and me were using maxed dino in pvp for real. Right between sentry nerf and gt release. We were unbeatable.

Now, even buffed dino is absolutely meat.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Thanks for the reassurances, Grimm and Lerysh, but really, there are other 4*s to work on and new ones in the pipe. For players getting him between anniversarys, parking him in a precious slot at 1-1-1 in hopes that maybe he'll be a thing again next anniversary is thin hope. And I would expect new things this anniversary. I suspect Dino will be the "first anniversary medal"...you were there, man.

I can definitely see not getting him, but if you change your mind later, and he's handed out like last time, you may not miss those three covers that much. I pulled or won four greens, two reds, and like eleven purples for him during anniversary week last year, so if that happens again and you decide you want him, you'll be more-or-less set; if it doesn't, then you're not missing anything anyway.

Sooo many purple covers. So so many.....
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Anniversary tokens had a super high draw rate for Devil Dino. And every event during the Anniversary Week handed out Anniversary Tokens. And were on sale for 50 imcoin.png daily for a week. It wasn't impossible to pull a 13 cover dino during the events. They will probably do something similar again this year.

Yet somehow I have a 13 cover dino and sold quite a number of his covers (purple dropped a lot) during the anniversary week. It was possible to get him to 11 covers during that week. Add in covers from the day 365-367 login rewards and it was certainly possible to have a fully covered dino without having spent a cent on him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So ever since Devil Dino was released he's been getting the short end of the stick. A bunch of his fellow 4* brethren have seen changes/buffs which benefit them and new 3* characters have been released making Devil Dino's damage output pretty lacking compared to the rest of the crew (yea, I'm looking at you Thor, Goddess of Buffs). Understandably, for his HP, he shouldn't have obscenely high damage output, but compared to hulkbuster/she-Thor, it's no contest (and hulkbuster was just released not too long ago!). Is there any way that Devil Dinosaur could be updated/buffed and also be included in the weekly buff parties that other 4* characters have been part of?

Here's hoping that the devs see this.. Devil Dino's my only maxed 4* and it's slowly bothered me that he hasn't received much love since then.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    it would be pretty **** of them to do that unless they had an event to win him and add him to tokens. until then you'd have quite a forum disturbance if they did that. i started playing last thanksgiving and was not here for the anniversary event and am far away from my daily resupply covers, so I've had zero chance at him. not small, unlikely chance - none.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    AFAIK, Dino is a novelty character and they stated he would never be required or buffed for competitive reasons, especially since unless you were playing during the First Anniversary Event (or been playing for a year), there is no chance to add him to your roster since he's not in any tokens I'm aware of.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Carnage + Prof X + Devil Dino FTW. Add in a Star Lord team up for good measure.

1 AP Tiny Arms fills the board with PX and Carnage tiles (7 tiles per use). You might accidentally make some matches, which might fuel more abilities, but might also add some usable space to the board. Hopefully you can avoid matching your Star Lord CD tile.

End turn, watch many boosted attack tiles deal 3,000+ damage. icon_e_smile.gif
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Need more of them. Not sure how to do it
  • Unknown
    Options
    Devil Dino == Bag Man. Joke character, never required, never buffed.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope they at least consider putting Devil Dino in the vault. It's so stupid that he's considered a "trophy." Well that trophy is a 800HP roster slot. Everytime I see him in Deadpool biting a taco, it makes me wish we could win him. My Dino is stuck at 4 purples.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Everytime I see him in Deadpool biting a taco, it makes me wish we could win him.

Agreed. Although I don't mind too much that he's currently a non-attainable "trophy" character, as the anniversary week was a blast and I was very happy to at least build a half-covered Dino (and enjoy using him in matches that don't matter)

But, I do hope he's added to the regular token pool on the 2nd anniversary in October, when they'll presumably introduce a new anniversary character (which I do hope is the frequently-mentioned Howard The Duck! icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Everytime I see him in Deadpool biting a taco, it makes me wish we could win him.

Agreed. Although I don't mind too much that he's currently a non-attainable "trophy" character, as the anniversary week was a blast and I was very happy to at least build a half-covered Dino (and enjoy using him in matches that don't matter)

But, I do hope he's added to the regular token pool on the 2nd anniversary in October, when they'll presumably introduce a new anniversary character (which I do hope is the frequently-mentioned Howard The Duck! icon_e_biggrin.gif )

Well, with Howard sitting next to the open cocoon at the end of GotG.. i have a feeling one of those 2 will be coming....
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree he should be offered a little more often, I have only played with him once or twice as I didn't start playing until January so I missed the anniversary. I have played against him though and he seems pretty legit if paired with a good sync team. He is the only character that is missing from my roster aside from lame **** 1*'s Hawkeye and Yelena. I just hit day 180 (yay finally finished covering XF!!) so I 185 days I will have one of each of his colors.... icon_e_sad.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    cynder9792 wrote:
    I agree he should be offered a little more often, I have only played with him once or twice as I didn't start playing until January so I missed the anniversary. I have played against him though and he seems pretty legit if paired with a good sync team. He is the only character that is missing from my roster aside from lame **** 1*'s Hawkeye and Yelena. I just hit day 180 (yay finally finished covering XF!!) so I 185 days I will have one of each of his colors.... icon_e_sad.gif

Soooo you have Bagman?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I completely understand his "trophy" nature. It just kind of irks me when I see all the buffed legendaries and the only 4* i've got maxed out is 'ol devil dino. Hopefully, they will officially release him during the second anniversary event, because I'm calling hax as to how deadpool has a buffed, ultra version of him on his team during his event and doesnt even share >=(. Rude.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, I've been holding onto a 2/3/5 dino forever in the hopes I'll pull the rest. I think he has value as a grunt character, and as more people get passives based on activations of abilities, he's going to be a higher premium, and his purple will become better and better.

Carnage/Prof X/Dino (With Kamala as a sub for either) is a ridiculous proposition, and a team worth fighting for, but not against.
  • Unknown
    Options
    what about Devil Dino, KK, and Carnage constant dmg and constant heals.... i would pass that team in pvp no matter who on my team is buffed
  • Skorche
    Skorche Posts: 47
    Options
    Never understood why they have him in the daily supply if they don't give us a chance of fully covering him. That means that anybody that missed out at the anniversary event will only ever get 3 covers of devil dino. I'm looking at my 7 covers of him and just sigh every time I see it thinking I have too many to covers to delete him but not enough to sped iso-8 training him.

When they took bagman out of the prologue they gave us other ways of attaining him. I wish they'd give us a very small chance of getting devil dino cover in PvP missions.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Since that node of his from the Hunt is one time only now, I think it should drop one of his covers. Much like the hulk cover in the Hulk event, and the Sentry cover at the end of Prodigal. It'd still take awhile to fully cover him, but still, it'd be neat.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sigh...
    He needs a buff, joke character or not, he's almost useful, just some nudges would make him ACTUALLY useful, and being 'ACTUALLY' useful doesn't mean he can no longer be offered only during anniversary moments. Mine is parked at like 168 because I've got no reason to take him higher, but his dmg is just DUMB at that level. Why save roster space - especially in this EXPENSIVE roster slot game (I'm around 700 hp per slot right now) for a pretty much useless character.
    - Unreall