Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Falcon! Way better now
    Lcap next?
  • Unknown
    Options
    My bird is at 3/4/2, so I was sort of hoping yellow would be the double cover reward. Still happy that it's Falcon covers and not Rags.
  • noobprime
    noobprime Posts: 403
    Options
    Why did not have the normal overlap with the last event?
    Now we have the PVP and PVE subs ending at the same time again ...
    Grr icon_mad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Remember when they did more than just featured characters PvP events that gave the featured character for the next PvP?

I've been playing long enough that I remember when PVP wasn't a tedious, frustrating, Kafkaesque slog. But that was a looooooong time ago.
    When was that? If anything, it was more of a slog before shields. At least there's a worthwhile ISO payout now

Sort of. On the one hand, before shields it all came down to being around to play in the last hour or two of the event. On the other hand, as the entire playing pool was available to "hit" at all times, people weren't getting hit for a hundred points in a 3 minute span because they were one of the handful of unshielded people to poke their head above 600 or 700 or 800 or whatever.

Shields let people win who can't play in the last couple of hours of the event, but they also ensure that people who can't afford to shield hop (or don't want to spend money shield hopping) can't win. I don't know that it's a significantly better system for us the players, but obviously it's great for D3 because of all the HP flowing into shields.

Also, it IS kind of boring that every PvP event follows the same style instead of all the different tourns we used to have. Even if they feel this is the best style of pack for selling cover packs, you'd think they could just run out the same style of pack with an event that's, like, all Avengers boosted or all female characters boosted or whatnot. Or even accept that a "suboptimal" tournament type will keep up player interest in the long term and thus be better for them than the repeating the "optimal" tournament ad nauseum. But then their decision making does seem to be lazy a lot of the time.

Anyway, on the one hand- yay Falcon, covers I can use! On the other hand- boo Falcon, this will be more competitive and for a character I have no real interest in levelling!
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is there any point in putting ISO into Loki for this event? I've got 9 covers for him after the last PvP so I could get him to 127, but his powers aren't level dependent. I currently use OBW and Ares/Thor.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I wouldn't.

As long as he's got enough HP to eat any AoE attack short of what Sentry and BP can pump out he should be alright.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there any point in putting ISO into Loki for this event? I've got 9 covers for him after the last PvP so I could get him to 127, but his powers aren't level dependent. I currently use OBW and Ares/Thor.
    No. There is never a point in putting ISO into Loki.
    Unless you have everyone maxed except for Dardedevil, Loki, Bagman and X-Force. Even then I'd probably go with Bagman.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there any point in putting ISO into Loki for this event?
    Better put ISO into Falcom if you have him icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    you'll get hit less with a big loki vs a small one, at least by other ** teams. hard to say how much less though; loki isn't much of a threat.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    you'll get hit less with a big loki vs a small one, at least by other ** teams. hard to say how much less though; loki isn't much of a threat.
    Even leveled up, loki has pretty low health.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:

IIRC loki levels never counted. Even covers not much despite that creates difference.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    bloodwars wrote:

IIRC loki levels never counted. Even covers not much despite that creates difference.
    As always, if you have a character that uses purple (OBW HINT HINT) it's probably better to use loan-ki because he doesn't have a useless purple to spam
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is anyone with even a maxed 2* team going to so much as glance at the level of your Loki when deciding whether to attack you or not? Certainly nobody with a 3* team is going to hesitate for even the shortest measurable unit of time if you have a maxed Loki with nothing scary. Scaled to the heights of absurdity his hit points are still middle of the road and his powers don't improve in any way. Which makes the Falcon rewards (Yay!) sort of ironic, because that's why they changed his yellow from a % to a set value so there would actually be a reason to level him.

As for calling Loki's purple useless, be careful what you say when the Spirits of Gaming are listening. It's a board shake power, more than capable of ruining your day with an endless cascade of kitty-esque proportions. Granted it'll never work for you, because MPQ hates you, but for the AI... So yeah, go ahead. Let Loki have his purple matches while you collect your red and green. Just don't say I didn't warn you. icon_razz.gif
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When Loki causes a match after using Illusions, does it count as a normal match--meaning whichever character is strongest in that particular color causes match damage--or does Loki match it regardless?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've had plenty of times where the purple gave me 2, 3 or even more matches. It's not reliable, and it probably doesn't make purple a color you should be prioritizing, but if you stumble upon 5 purple from cascades and match 4s, it can convert those purple ap into a more useful color.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    I just played a game in Simulator where I used Hulk, Loki and DD. As expected, red trap was created in some lone tile in the corner, but with Loki's illussion ability, it got shifted to somewhere in the middle of the board with two adjacent red tiles for a match. And so the AI did icon_e_biggrin.gif That was satisfying.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    When Loki causes a match after using Illusions, does it count as a normal match--meaning whichever character is strongest in that particular color causes match damage--or does Loki match it regardless?
    It's like any other cascade - highest match damage makes the match.

However, Loki might still make a few more matches than normal if he's boosted high enough.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm. Seed teams up to 100, maxed 2* teams after that.
    Feels like MMR got changed again.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    j12601 wrote:

300. Schroedinger's Token - It's both a bagman, and not a bagman, until you open it.

later

900. Recruit Token - Nah, just kidding. It's a bagman.

Also... I like that Loki is giving away Falcon rewards... you know, the one character whose set of defense tiles he's not actually able to steal correctly.

If I could give all the Rep....Give ALL the REP
  • Unknown
    Options
    So....

Continuance was granted to Bagman but his court date has come. As a special bonus to all of my bagman followers I will be announcing two shield hops right here late in PVP. You can queue me or hit me... Just remember to love the bagman. Details to come...