Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - 2*

Comments

• DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Hannybal wrote:
    hhmm, since this is a 2* char, does it means we will randomly get the covers in the future while playing random pvps (lightning rounds included) to slowly build him up or so ?
    Nope.
  • Hannybal wrote:
    hhmm, since this is a 2* char, does it means we will randomly get the covers in the future while playing random pvps (lightning rounds included) to slowly build him up or so ?
    Nope.

Not immediately, but I'd say it's 100% he'll be in the mix eventually.
  • Some cheater posted a maxed Matchstick picture on Facebook. His actual maxed stats are

Health - 3430
    Yellow - 11
    Red - 55
    Blue - 10
    Magenta - 9
    Green - 43
    Black - 49
    Crit - 3x
    Env - 3
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Are 2* characters ever required for events?
    Having a high level 3* HT I'm wondering if I should keep the 2* HT covers that I've won. I don't want to spend 500 HP on a new cover slot for him, I've only got three 1*s left and am saving those in case we ever see another 1* tourney, and have already sold off Bagman.
    I don't mind having to use a loaner if he were to have a PvP, but I don't want to sell him if there's a chance he's going to be required in order to play certain nodes or events in PVE.
    If someone could reply and let me know that'd be great. Thanks
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are 2* characters ever required for events?
    Having a high level 3* HT I'm wondering if I should keep the 2* HT covers that I've won. I don't want to spend 500 HP on a new cover slot for him, I've only got three 1*s left and am saving those in case we ever see another 1* tourney, and have already sold off Bagman.
    I don't mind having to use a loaner if he were to have a PvP, but I don't want to sell him if there's a chance he's going to be required in order to play certain nodes or events in PVE.
    If someone could reply and let me know that'd be great. Thanks
    With annoyingly increasing frequency. Especially since it's often the 2* version of lazy characters (which aren't allowed)
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    You can pretty much guarantee the next PVE will feature Human Candle to some extent.
  • So... anyone have the dope on this guy? Like, how good is he?

Basically any time you would previously have seen A Wolvie on a team, expect to see this guy instead
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    gamar wrote:
    So... anyone have the dope on this guy? Like, how good is he?

Basically any time you would previously have seen A Wolvie on a team, expect to see this guy instead

I think once I have him up to strength, I will rotate him and wolvie - his Fireball is the same strength as Adamantium Slash for less AP and his black makes him like a 2* mStorm, but he's fragile and strike tiles have their uses too.

His colours make him compatible with Thor/Ares too, esp if the featured character has blue or purple, but will interfere with them on defence. Will be interesting to see how it works out.
  • gamar wrote:

I think once I have him up to strength, I will rotate him and wolvie - his Fireball is the same strength as Adamantium Slash for less AP and his black makes him like a 2* mStorm, but he's fragile and strike tiles have their uses too.

His colours make him compatible with Thor/Ares too, esp if the featured character has blue or purple, but will interfere with them on defence. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

I seriously doubt that 2** Torch's Fireball is going to be anywhere near as strong as A-Wolv's Adamantium Slash. 3*** Torch's Fireball maxes out roughly in the same ballpark as 2** Wolv's Adamantium Slash, in terms of raw damage.

That said, 2** Torch's Fireball is going be valued much lower in terms of damage as it is a 8 AP skill versus a 12 AP skill. I'm banking on 2** Torch's Fireball to land somewhere in the 1500-1800 range.

Torch's greatest strength is that he can be simultaneously Fireballing an opponent while also running Inferno and Flame Jet each turn for massive damage. He will be rather devastating against other 2** characters, and maybe annoying enough to grant 2** rosters a chance at downing a 3*** transition roster.

On the other hand, 2** Torch's fragility is going to be a ugly thorn on 2** rosters, as there is virtually no one that can cover Red and Black for him. Only Thor can cover Red for Torch, leading to a very awkward clash of Red and especially Green. No one can cover Black for torch, as no one has Black as their primary color and the only characters that possess Black as their secondary color are limited by only possessing two powers (Bullseye, Daken). Green, as a tertiary color, is easily covered by Wolv, Thor (in higher battle priority), and Ares. Still, the likelihood of fragile 2** Torch tanking two colors is going to chew through health packs fast.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Based on 5\5\3 build
    Fireball - 1654 DMG
    Inferno - 110x8 dmg
    Flame Jet(3lvl) - 89 dmg ( max 799 dmg) 4lvl - 104 dmg ( 932 max)
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lyrian wrote:
    gamar wrote:

I seriously doubt that 2** Torch's Fireball is going to be anywhere near as strong as A-Wolv's Adamantium Slash. 3*** Torch's Fireball maxes out roughly in the same ballpark as 2** Wolv's Adamantium Slash, in terms of raw damage.

That said, 2** Torch's Fireball is going be valued much lower in terms of damage as it is a 8 AP skill versus a 12 AP skill. I'm banking on 2** Torch's Fireball to land somewhere in the 1500-1800 range.

Torch's greatest strength is that he can be simultaneously Fireballing an opponent while also running Inferno and Flame Jet each turn for massive damage. He will be rather devastating against other 2** characters, and maybe annoying enough to grant 2** rosters a chance at downing a 3*** transition roster.

On the other hand, 2** Torch's fragility is going to be a ugly thorn on 2** rosters, as there is virtually no one that can cover Red and Black for him. Only Thor can cover Red for Torch, leading to a very awkward clash of Red and especially Green. No one can cover Black for torch, as no one has Black as their primary color and the only characters that possess Black as their secondary color are limited by only possessing two powers (Bullseye, Daken). Green, as a tertiary color, is easily covered by Wolv, Thor (in higher battle priority), and Ares. Still, the likelihood of fragile 2** Torch tanking two colors is going to chew through health packs fast.

Ah, oops, I was looking at the stats on the first page. Too bad, then. Another one to sit on the shelf with all the rest. If I have iso to spare, he might be good to do one or two matches to start off a play session or while the main crew is on healing rotation, like cStorm.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    I chose to build him 5/5/3 because the black is so rare in 2*-land. Fireball dies 1654 almost half what 3* torch does and it will go well with ares/thor neither of which has a red you care about and green/yellow. which leave a third to cover purple blue and that means obw right now. rainbow coverage if you get off a recon the damage you can do post that should be pretty good.

you could use c storm for her blue I suppose, as well.
    Well, he's the only 2* in the game with a non-passive black power that isn't alarmingly terrible, so he'll help 2* teams to have AP dumps for all six colors. As a bonus, his black sticks around after he dies, which makes him a bit more threatening on defense, much like Doctor Doom. Speaking of defense, his red is cheap enough that it has a reasonably high chance of going off before he dies. (So does his green, but the AI has no clue how to use it.)

I think he'll be fairly good. Depending on what his numbers look like at max level, he might even be a competitive with Thor and Ares as a 2* bruiser, although I personally doubt that, given that he has lower health and is much less dangerous than Ares on defense.
  • Spoit
    Muspel wrote:
    Well, he's the only 2* in the game with a non-passive black power that isn't alarmingly terrible, so he'll help 2* teams to have AP dumps for all six colors. As a bonus, his black sticks around after he dies, which makes him a bit more threatening on defense, much like Doctor Doom. Speaking of defense, his red is cheap enough that it has a reasonably high chance of going off before he dies. (So does his green, but the AI has no clue how to use it.)

I think he'll be fairly good. Depending on what his numbers look like at max level, he might even be a competitive with Thor and Ares as a 2* bruiser, although I personally doubt that, given that he has lower health and is much less dangerous than Ares on defense.
    He kinda suffers in that 2* daken isn't a very good person to hide behind, unlike their respective 3* variants.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Well, remember that 2* Torch is OBW fragile, not cStorm fragile. If he sees use, it'll be as an alternative to Wolvie on the Ares/Thor + OBW + Wolvie teams, and Wolvie (whose healing can't take him much above half health) isn't much buffer than Torch.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Daken** won't be able to tank black for Torch, but he will tank green for him (46 vs 43), so there's that.
  • Spoit
    locked wrote:
    Daken** won't be able to tank black for Torch, but he will tank green for him (46 vs 43), so there's that.
    Yeah, but if you just want a green tank, you'd hide him behind ares or thor
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just pulled a Black Baby Torch from the Hunt Token, so the question is this:

What to do with it?
    I have a single Red Baby Torch already for the required nodes, no extra space in my roster for new characters, but M.Mags & C.Storm up on the potential chopping block as they have been seeing increasingly little use as my 3*'s become more powerful. I am Iso starved as many of my 3* characters have enough covers to level much further, but not enough Iso to go around. I intend to sell off my Baby Torch for the next new 3* character regardless of what I choose to do.

Should I...
    A: Use the Black cover to upgrade my existing Baby Torch giving him an additional skill and potentially more health if I used precious Iso on him,
    B: Sell off either M.Mags or C.Storm to make room for a 2nd Baby Torch so that if my current one dies at a crucial moment in the Hunt, I can still hit the required nodes without the use of a Health Pack,
    C: Sell the Black cover for badly needed Iso to level my 3*'s,
    D: Sell the Red cover & swap with the Black cover, using the Iso for my 3*'s.
    E: (insert suggestion here)
  • I'd be surprised if he isn't required for essential nodes in the next PVE as well, and chances are good that that one will introduce a new character, given the pattern for a while now has been - new character - old character - lazy/baby character - old character - repeat. That being said, C Storm gets boosted frequently for PVEs, and can be pretty useful boosted. MNMags is really primarily useful feeding blue to her, and is probably more expendable.