Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - 2*

Comments

• vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    I'd add the black cover to your existing character. He's buffed to level 90 in Hunt, so even a single black cover will do up to 464 damage per turn (8 x 58). Add in strike tiles and it's not insignificant. I'm not sure who you're running with but it's been helpful for me on the nodes that require him. If you pair him with OBW then you're probably matching black anyway for espionage so it's not a bad thing to have a use for the AP. Then again, if you're always running with Pun you have a better outlet for black.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punisher is my only Max level 3* right now, so I do tend to use him a lot (except when I was saving him for PvP.) I chose to sell off my OBW for Baby Torch since I figured the required nodes where more important than her nerfed healing.

As long as I'm running Punisher with him, Baby Torch doesn't seem to get much damage (except by the off chance area attack, or if I don't have a 3rd coving Yellow as a dominant (my Punisher ties Baby Torch on Yellow, but his Center position always gives him dominance.) Given the choice, I've been sending in Black Panther for 3rd, though since I'm often avoiding Punisher's Black to use BP's, that is an even stronger case against using the cover on my existing Baby Torch.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Punisher is my only Max level 3* right now, so I do tend to use him a lot (except when I was saving him for PvP.) I chose to sell off my OBW for Baby Torch since I figured the required nodes where more important than her nerfed healing.

As long as I'm running Punisher with him, Baby Torch doesn't seem to get much damage (except by the off chance area attack, or if I don't have a 3rd coving Yellow as a dominant (my Punisher ties Baby Torch on Yellow, but his Center position always gives him dominance.) Given the choice, I've been sending in Black Panther for 3rd, though since I'm often avoiding Punisher's Black to use BP's, that is an even stronger case against using the cover on my existing Baby Torch.

What level and how many covers were on your OBW? even with nerfed healing there are other 2*s I'd sell first before her if I was limited on roster space. The ap steal + double strike tile dip is amazing (especially with your maxed punisher), even during transition to 3*. So what does your roster look like right now? I would say there is no point in using Torch's black. (Though pun fully tanks for Torch, so you'd only need to be careful about aoe attacks).
  • Pwuz_
    eidehua wrote:
    What level and how many covers were on your OBW? even with nerfed healing there are other 2*s I'd sell first before her if I was limited on roster space. The ap steal + double strike tile dip is amazing (especially with your maxed punisher), even during transition to 3*. So what does your roster look like right now? I would say there is no point in using Torch's black. (Though pun fully tanks for Torch, so you'd only need to be careful about aoe attacks).

My OBW was Maxed, I think I had her at 4/5/4 when I sold her. I had already sold off every other 1* or 2* character besides M.Mags & C.Storm when I did. I'm spending all my HP on Alliance spots, so I haven't upgraded my roster since a month or so before Season 1. I'm up to 13 slots, and should earn enough HP in the next few days to buy that 14th slot.

OBW's double strike only works when she has the highest damage, so since I was running her with Pun & BP, she was usually only using it for Purple. I think the only reason I still had her around after True Healing was for goons, and C.Mags does a better job of shutting down countdown tiles with his blue than she could (unless of course the board is just filled, but that rarely happens.)
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Wow, I can think of 6-7 three stars that I would sell over my maxed 3-5-5 oBW, or over my duplicate lvl 15 3-5-5 oBW.
    Too bad they are always required in some events.
  • over_clocked
    Spoit wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Daken** won't be able to tank black for Torch, but he will tank green for him (46 vs 43), so there's that.
    Yeah, but if you just want a green tank, you'd hide him behind ares or thor
    Daken** can be a poor man's tank. I used Daken**/mStorm/oBW heavily back when oBW and Daken were my best-covered 2*s and only cut on his use when oBW outgrew him and I got other characters.
  • This guy added to the random 2* we get as match rewards sometimes yet?
  • over_clocked
    Of course not. He might hit the packs at the same time as She-Hulk and the next new character though. They seem to add new characters in batches of 3.
  • Pwuz_
    So far he's just available from the Hunt Tokens. Out of 6 tokens (4 for rewards & 2 progression) I've gotten 2 2*'s I didn't care about, 1 Red Punisher I don't need, one Red Magneto I did need, and a Black Baby Torch which I'm using to make sure I don't have to use health packs on him when I want to hit the required nodes.

Just good luck, but I'm liking those odds (even if the Punisher was a tease.)
  • I just pulled a black 2*torch cover from a standard token -- Up to 1/3/3 now. Thinking maybe 5/5/3 is a decent build to pair with OBW and Ares/Thor for a little change of pace now & again. I can't think of many scenarios where you won't have a better place to play the green.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    why hasn't this been updated yet? oh because nobody cares about Johnny Matchstick, that's fair.

But there are other character threads in here that are long overdue for their update
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    why hasn't this been updated yet? oh because nobody cares about Johnny Matchstick, that's fair.

But there are other character threads in here that are long overdue for their update
    Because IceIX isn't around to give us the numbers any more
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    all you have to do to get stats for at least one full 13 cover build is look at "colognoissieur" (or however you spell his name's) roster
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    all you have to do to get stats for at least one full 13 cover build is look at "colognoissieur" (or however you spell his name's) roster
    That doesn't give you stats for level 5 green, or anything below 5 on red or black. Partial stats aren't much more help.
    Well, if you know where to find them, why don't you contribute to the community? If everyone waits for someone else do gather the data, then it'll never get done.
  • For what it's worth:

My Baby Torch is 20th level and 2/4/2

Red - 2 covers - Fireball: Power Cost 8. Deals 227 damage, destroys 2 Red tiles. At level 3: 247 damage.

Black - 4 - Inferno: Power Cost 10. Converts up to 8 basic tiles into attack tiles that do 22 damage, depletes Blue, yellow, purple 30 percent. At level 5: 25 damage.

Green - 2 - Flame Jet: Power Cost 5. Activates every turn dealing 19 damage for every green ap the team has (max 168 damage per turn). Tiles cost 1 green AP each turn. At level 3: 20 damage for each green AP, max 184/turn.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 15

Red - 1 covers - Fireball: Power Cost 8. Deals 178 damage, destroys 2 Red tiles. At level 2: 196 damage.

Black - 2 - Inferno: Power Cost 10. Converts up to 8 basic tiles into attack tiles that do 14 damage, depletes Blue, yellow, purple 30 percent. At level 3: 17 damage.

Green - 3 - Flame Jet: Power Cost 5. Activates every turn dealing 17 damage for every green ap the team has (max 151 damage per turn). Tiles cost 1 green AP each turn. At level 4: 20 damage for each green AP, max 176/turn.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    pehHM2i.png?1

icon_mrgreen.gif
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... lucky and proof that they are now available in that way.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    yogi_ wrote:
    ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... lucky and proof that they are now available in that way.
    You can check yourself by sitting through the "chance to win" pop up in a pvp match! Handy!
  • Add all skills data (except 3 and 4 maxed red) to the Wikia + 70 and 94 levels stats

[anchor=humantorch2]Human Torch (Johnny Storm)[/anchor]
    2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) . Wiki link.
    At Max Level: HP: 3430 Tile damage: 11/55/10/9/43/49
      Fireball - Red 8 AP
      Johnny hurls a fistful of flame, torching the opponent. Deals 177 damage and blisters the battlefield, destroying 2 red tiles.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Deals 196 damage Level 3: Deals 214 damage Level 4: Deals 249 damage Level 5: Deals 320 damage
      Max Level:
      Level 3: хххх damage
      Level 4: хххх damage
      Level 5: 1654 damage
        Inferno - Black 10 AP
        Eager to impress, the Human Torch erupts into flame, scorching the opponent but disrupting his team. Converts up to 8 basic color tiles into attack tiles that do 12 damage each turn, but deplete the team's Blue, Purple, and Yellow AP by 30%.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Deals 14 damage Level 3: Deals 17 damage Level 4: Deals 19 damage Level 5: Deals 22 damage
        Max Level:
        Level 3: 85 damage per tile
        Level 4: 98 damage per tile
        Level 5: 110 damage per tile
          Flame Jet - Green 5 AP
          The Human Torch channels a deadly stream of flaming plasma. Creates a Green Countdown tile that activates every turn, dealing 14 damage for every green AP the team has (max 126 damage a turn). Tiles cost 1 Green AP per turn.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Deals 15 damage for each Green AP. Max 139 damage a turn. Level 3: Deals 17 damage for each Green AP. Max 151 damage a turn. Level 4: Deals 20 damage for each Green AP. Max 176 damage a turn. Level 5: Deals 25 damage for each Green AP. Max 227 damage a turn.
          Max Level:
          Level 3: Deals 89 damage for each Green AP. Max 799 damage a turn.
          Level 4: Deals 104 damage for each Green AP. Max 932 damage a turn.
          Level 5: Deals 133 damage for each Green AP. Max 1199 damage a turn.