Army Of One - June 30 - July 2 - Season III

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Freaking shield lag and mmr leapfrogging nothing like putting up a shield and seeing that you lost 45 points to someone give hundred points below you. Shielded for the duration, kcwei, you already have a maxed IW, any chance I could beg you to let me win?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got hit for 100 during the match that would have put me over 1100.
    Nothing sweeter than hitting someone who's at 1067 and climbing, eh?

Shielded for now.

Edit:
    Getting hit is part of the game, I'm fine now icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Freaking shield lag and mmr leapfrogging nothing like putting up a shield and seeing that you lost 45 points to someone give hundred points below you. Shielded for the duration, kcwei, you already have a maxed IW, any chance I could beg you to let me win?

Spoit, pardon me if i impeded your way to the top. What i care about now is my alliance score. lets work harder for our alliance score. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    I see you up here bowgentle. Are you going for first or just top 5?
    T5 only, with the least amount of shielding possible.

I see jozier is in our bracket too... I am hoping I can squeeze into top 5 also. Going to be difficult for me at this point though.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Sidenote: Anyone else seeing lots of X-Farce turn up? I've seen at least five of them so far...
    Seriously, did i miss a ninja update where he's actually good now? Or is it just he's got "True Healing" and a truck load of HP despite being generally useless in battle?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think it's just the true healing. I haven't seen anything for him. And he isn't supposed to be getting his buff for a couple months. "supposedly"
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    I see you up here bowgentle. Are you going for first or just top 5?
    T5 only, with the least amount of shielding possible.

I see jozier is in our bracket too... I am hoping I can squeeze into top 5 also. Going to be difficult for me at this point though.
    Scores are really low this time, except for the crazies, and they are shielded.

I didn't enjoy this PVP at all - everyone having a high level Punpun means taking a lot of damage without boosts.
    Which would be ok if you plan on shieldhopping, but not so ok if you try to go as high as possible in one go without shielding in between.

Oh well, no need for 1100+ in every PVP. Should still make T5 unless we got another crazy in there hiding. I fully expect Jozier to make a run in the final hours, of course.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I fully expect Jozier to make a run in the final hours, of course.

He is making it now. lol. just bumped me out of 5th. lol. I am going to have to try and make a last minute push... I would appreciate no one attacking me so I can get top 5. Thanks. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit... Some how he just showed up in my queue. Instaskip... what the tinykitty is wrong with this system... my mmr cannot be that high... I've already spent 2500 iso on skips and can't find a team with less than max 3*s.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded at 813. Weirdly, I'm #1. The last battle was a giant pain; every time I won I'd get a corresponding loss; ended up having to boost two matches just to jump over the 800 barrier. Wasn't willing to shield for more than 3 hours for Doom, since I have him cover-maxed (and almost level maxed).

Between this and PVE I'm starting to get really tired of Punisher. I find him an oddly boring character both in general and to play, but maybe that's just me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Shielded at 813. Weirdly, I'm #1. The last battle was a giant pain; every time I won I'd get a corresponding loss; ended up having to boost two matches just to jump over the 800 barrier. Wasn't willing to shield for more than 3 hours for Doom, since I have him cover-maxed (and almost level maxed).

Between this and PVE I'm starting to get really tired of Punisher. I find him an oddly boring character both in general and to play, but maybe that's just me.

Wish I could be in your bracket Grimm. I am stuck at 809 and can't find any matches to move foreward.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What a weird bracket. First time seeing such big gaps between 1st to 3rd. Got Worldrunner and his insane(good job!) 1723 points me at 1087 and 3rd has 809.

So worldrunner is over 600 points ahead of me in 2nd yet I'm over 250 ahead of 3rd. Interesting, hehe.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm shielded now for the duration (and seems like I shielded at the right moment). Feel free to hit away.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Another pvp that ends afternoon for Europe with **** rewards. I bet it's intentional and the next pvp will have She-Hulk. Then the next one will have decent rewards and the 3rd (with convenient ending for Europe) will have either Loki or Rags. Again.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    Another pvp that ends afternoon for Europe with **** rewards. I bet it's intentional and the next pvp will have She-Hulk. Then the next one will have decent rewards and the 3rd (with convenient ending for Europe) will have either Loki or Rags. Again.
    Well the afternoon tourney two weeks ago gave Mororo. Still the only PVP that had her as rewards.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What a weird bracket. First time seeing such big gaps between 1st to 3rd. Got Worldrunner and his insane(good job!) 1723 points me at 1087 and 3rd has 809.

So worldrunner is over 600 points ahead of me in 2nd yet I'm over 250 ahead of 3rd. Interesting, hehe.

I got what I deserved trying to go for 1800 last night. Hitting 11-12 pt targets for no reason led me to the score I have now. I guess I was just bored icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    @Thehueyfreeman - Rooting for you! Take it down!
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @thanos - are you planning on going higher? I was thinking of getting 2 more matches in but don't want to make you do more just to get that final bag lady cover icon_e_smile.gif. Don't think the 50-60 points will make or break my season score.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    @thanos - are you planning on going higher? I was thinking of getting 2 more matches in but don't want to make you do more just to get that final bag lady cover icon_e_smile.gif. Don't think the 50-60 points will make or break my season score.

Appreciate you looking out! I made my final push and i'm done. Theres good cushion if you want to keep pushing! icon_e_wink.gif
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Sitting shielded at 1096 (zzz) if I'm randomly in anyone's queue (my name is hams in game) and is feeling particularly generous, feel free to supply me with 4 defensive points :d
  • Unknown
    Options
    Awesome. I've been starting these PvP events in the last 45 minutes to an hour or so and have had some success with them it in the past few events.

I just started this one, beat the seed teams, now it's impossible for me to find any teams without at least a couple characters in the mid to high 100s. Rad. Looks like PvP will soon be pointless for me to bother trying with. I'm having serious doubts if I'll even be able to get to 5000 points if it keeps going like this.