Army Of One - June 30 - July 2 - Season III

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I was looking forward to this PVP since I have a max Punisher and this is 1 out of the 3 weekly PVP end times which is friendly to my time zone. Too bad it's Doom; guess I can save hp on shields this time.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Phillipes wrote:
    Guys, why are you complaining? You are probably all veterans.. But think on those players who are not in this game for half a year. (Me icon_e_smile.gif
    I have only one black Doom covere from daily rewards, so I´m happy him.

Because Doom sucks no-matter how many covers you have. In fact, it's encouraging lower tier players to invest into weak characters and therefore an unwise use of finite resource (ISO). Doom helps no-one tbh.
    Not so. At least Doom is formidable in Evil LR. Out of the few characters buffed in Evil LR, I would use CMag/Hood/Doom. Rag is just a meat shield, and Loki is a joke(ster).
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Doom covers means no more than a 3-hour shield which means more hp for the hoard. The frugality tour continues...
    Huh? I never shield when there are covers I have maxed. Shielded like what, 5 times total in S2? One time was a wasted shield when I was futilely trying for yellow Sentry at 1100 and didn't need the prizes themselves. I have a convenient time zone, granted...
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Doom covers means no more than a 3-hour shield which means more hp for the hoard. The frugality tour continues...
    Huh? I never shield when there are covers I have maxed. Shielded like what, 5 times total in S2? One time was a wasted shield when I was futilely trying for yellow Sentry at 1100 and didn't need the prizes themselves. I have a convenient time zone, granted...

I have a terrible time zone for these. The three hour usually can get me top five (or at least top ten), whereas not shielding means I'll be lucky for top 25, especially since I'm not playing the last four hours. And since it also ensure 100 hp vs. 50, it only really costs 25 hp for a bunch of ISO (+ extra covers for more iso), more alliance points, and more season points.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    Not so. At least Doom is formidable in Evil LR. Out of the few characters buffed in Evil LR, I would use CMag/Hood/Doom. Rag is just a meat shield, and Loki is a joke(ster).

You're right, he's virtually indispensible then.

Fun fact: Being half decent in Evil themed LR's does not make Doom a worthwhile spend target for your ISO.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hurcules wrote:

You're right, he's virtually indispensible then.

Fun fact: Being half decent in Evil themed LR's does not make Doom a worthwhile spend target for your ISO.
    Doom is fun when he's buffed in tourneys, I don't regret maxing him.

Of course if you still need to finish guys like LT, UDaken, Hood, etc then he's not your best ISO sink.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Why all the hate on Doom? Yeah, he may be a subpar character, but at least he is much more practical in use than say Loki or Daredevil. Those Attack Tiles can add up pretty fast if they are not dealt with quickly. And he is also somewhat self-feeding too like Thor. But to a much weaker extent.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Why all the hate on Doom? Yeah, he may be a subpar character, but at least he is much more practical in use than say Loki or Daredevil. Those Attack Tiles can add up pretty fast if they are not dealt with quickly. And he is also somewhat self-feeding too like Thor. But to a much weaker extent.

For me it's just this is the third straight PVP where I've already got the character cover-maxed. I kind of like the break - it allows me to save hp and focus on PVE, which is offering covers I need - but I've got characters I'd like to get covers for, and that hasn't happened since I finished off my GSBW a week ago.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options

I'm actually looking forward to this. I need to finish off my Doom. I need one Black and one Blue cover. Top 25 here I come.
  • Unknown
    Options
    When the Doctor gets his third ability you will all pay for mocking DOOM Z6CqrKJ.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    When the Doctor gets his third ability you will all pay for mocking DOOM Z6CqrKJ.gif

Don't bank on that third ability ever finding its way into the game.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Walkyourpath

... I don't suppose that you're going to try for first in this are you? While I wanted to get first to work on my 4**** covers, I have no interest in getting 1500 to do it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Walkyourpath

... I don't suppose that you're going to try for first in this are you? While I wanted to get first to work on my 4**** covers, I have no interest in getting 1500 to do it.

I am playing for season points (have a legit shot at first since there's no whales on my leaderboard) - but I won't go to 1500. I hit 1319 last tourney playing HP neutral, and that's my plan again for this one. I need the points as the fine folks from A-Force (Jazz5 and Kiddicarus) are straight balling like champs, but I won't push past that, so it's all yours if you can hit 1325ish! You'll get another 4* from prog for your efforts too.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    M1lance, knock it off. Hit someone else.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Walkyourpath

I am playing for season points (have a legit shot at first since there's no whales on my leaderboard) - but I won't go to 1500. I hit 1319 last tourney playing HP neutral, and that's my plan again for this one. I need the points as the fine folks from A-Force (Jazz5 and Kiddicarus) are straight balling like champs, but I won't push past that, so it's all yours if you can hit 1325ish! You'll get another 4* from prog for your efforts too.

Well now I got to show you up it appears.

Eh I don't care that much. Guaranteed 2 ten packs is fine. 1k per tourney is more my speed, easy and 45 minutes of playing max. Keeps me sane, only one shield required. As long as we don't have to push for more GSBW greens which we don't anymore.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:

Well now I got to show you up it appears.

Eh I don't care that much. Guaranteed 2 ten packs is fine. 1k per tourney is more my speed, easy and 45 minutes of playing max. Keeps me sane, only one shield required. As long as we don't have to push for more GSBW greens which we don't anymore.

Vudu3 (now in Ace of Blades, congrats!) is rocking in in our bracket too. Plenty of people who could show me up (yourself included, good sir) I'd like to win, but I won't spend past what I'm earning in-game to do it!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm in there too but I'm afraid mines padded too much from sim. The last 2 events I didn't crack 1000 and that hurts.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oletheos wrote:
    I'm in there too but I'm afraid mines padded too much from sim. The last 2 events I didn't crack 1000 and that hurts.

Oh, snap! Never made the connection between your forum name and IGN. Yeah, I really wish there was a way to see other players' sim scores so you know how close the race actually is.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Walkyourpath

I'm sure you can set your sights are a bit lower, we're just having a little friendly competition between ourselves and are we both playing on a strict HP budget - (either event neutral or positive).

Of course this could all just be schoolyard psychology to try to get you to relax a bit on the season points! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    If I run Patch/Daken then Pun tanks 5/7. That's way too much. Tanks less with Daken/LThor, so that's what it might be.
    Then again my Doom is 5/3, so I really don't need rewards, which means this shall just be for fun. And ISO. Which is also fun. Chars be hungry yo.