With "temporary healing", will you buy more HEALTH PACKS?

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I have previously bought hero points though I've never spent them on health packs. I once planned on buying more hero points in the future to spend on things other than health packs. Now, I will never buy hero points again.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best poll ever. I'm not sure if the discussion swayed many D3 minds, but 99.5% player anger is an impressive metric. And now, as mentioned in the healing post, many characters will heal faster.

Heal faster but not fast enough at all. 3 or 4 hours of downtime for a character is still way too much with no way to heal except health packs.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This confirms my thoughts as posted in another thread. The healing change will NOT negatively impact this game. People aren't willing to spend 1000+ hp on health packs in addition to their shields to compete in events. The end result is a better in terms of character build diversity where PvP ends with most players around 600+ rather than around 1000+ scores.

This change is good for the game regardless of whether or not it ends up profiting D3.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There's talk about switching your team around since you can't heal but what about those going from 2* to 3* that barely have a team to compete? It's now hard enough to break 600 in PVP and not get slapped back down to 400 quicker than you select a new fight. Then add the useless covers you actually win which have different names but same **** low %. Not being to heal just takes you that much more out of the game.

I don't know what indication this poll is to actual users but it reflects my friends that play. During the last month of so of changes, we have become very casual and don't even shield since besides it feeling like a waste of money, it's hard to spend money when you feel that they are trying to take it. Seems every week the 3* finish line just gets farther and farther. And those that are there, they have to watch newbs win the same items they win with little effort.

Doesn't make sense and don't know if it's suppose to. Here's hoping that a company like EA takes over the license.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Subcore wrote:
    Here's hoping that a company like EA takes over the license.

You are either crazy or ignorant. EA is about the worse company when it comes to micro-transactions and DLC. They kill about every franchise/studio that they buy out. Just look at Dead Space 3... gah that was so awful icon_evil.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Subcore wrote:
    You cannot possibly be serious.
  • Unknown
    Options
    JessyC01 wrote:
    Subcore wrote:
    You cannot possibly be serious.

Guess you couldn't see the sarcasm on my post, my bad. It was more to the effect of "what else could go wrong"
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Technically guys, I don't know if any of you have realized this but this just reinforces the devs point that they're not trying to money grab and that they're trying to promote roster diversity. icon_rolleyes.gif

That said, after Nemek's concise interpretation of the matter I believe that although they are trying to get rid of "boring" game factors, they're still ignoring the other factors which make them more necessary than they otherwise would be.

Claiming to change one thing for the greater good but then not altering things to encourage the greater good taints it for me.
    I personally get the impression as long as they still think they're making good revenue they can continue to do things as they please putting less emphasis on community requests.

For every one step forward, they're still going two steps back. But as this devs and this poll has suggested, health pack sales are unlikely to improve - I would like if they would increase the number though if they don't plan to get rid of them.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I agree with Twysta.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is yet another feature on the list of things that promote NOT playing. Things that make you want to not play are bad. How much simpler can it get really?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I feel like this is first time when something that major was changed. Healing was one of core mechanics of the game. It helped to have fluent gameplay. I understand that some say it was boring but it was an option. Now healing is absolutely useless feature of character. Why put healing character in roster - now you rather get faster damage dealers or some shield producing chars. I won't be buying health packs simply because I don't want to spend money on boosts like that. To be honest if healing was in that form as it is now I would never start playing Marvel Puzzle Quest at all. Now this is going to look like some stupid facebook game that you need to wait time to get "energy" or buy "energy pack (health pack)". So for me I guess it is end of MPQ in the current state. I've had my fun - so I'm glad and thankfull to devs for that but all things come to an end.
  • MisanOne
    MisanOne Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Want to promote roster diversity? Create characters that don't suck and are fun to play.
    Had I known MPQ would turn out like this i'd have never started playing.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Locked a bunch of topics, bumping this one.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Locked a bunch of topics, bumping this one.

IE: complaints about how you aren't going to spend any more money should go here. Well, I'll put my name on that "never paying again" line.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Buy more Health Packs? If anything people need to STOP BUYING period.

Right now the devs are having a laugh at the rage going on in these forums. It's like a foreign language they can't possibly understand. The only thing that dev teams get lately is the bottom line.

People just need to get this dev team set up on the path to being homeless. Start downloading cheat apps, cut off their funds, and send them a real message they can get: No salary.

Countless dev teams in the gaming industry have lost their jobs and this is just another batch of idiots that think it can't possibly happen to them. Let's prove them wrong!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Buy more Health Packs? If anything people need to STOP BUYING period.

Right now the devs are having a laugh at the rage going on in these forums. It's like a foreign language they can't possibly understand. The only thing that dev teams get lately is the bottom line.

People just need to get this dev team set up on the path to being homeless. Start downloading cheat apps, cut off their funds, and send them a real message they can get: No salary.

Countless dev teams in the gaming industry have lost their jobs and this is just another batch of idiots that think it can't possibly happen to them. Let's prove them wrong!

No, what we should be doing is contacting Marvel/Disney and very clearly articulating to them how D3P/Demiurge is abusing and tarnishing the name of the Marvel IP by pulling these stunts with their game.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Taganov wrote:
    Muspel wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that this isn't supposed to raise sales of health packs, it's to reduce the power of healing abilities. Currently, they not only help you within a match, but have a lasting effect outside of it-- to the point that you may want to drag out a round longer in order to heal more once the enemy team is down to their last character. It's one of the main reasons that oBW is the only 2* character that isn't completely outclassed on a team of maxed 3*s.

I've actually been expecting a change like that for quite some time, ever since IceIX mentioned that they didn't like what healing abilities do to tournaments and events (particularly things like prologue healing).

Agreed. It amazes me that the first thing people went to was "they want us to buy more health packs!" Never mind full details haven't been revealed, let's just icon_twisted.gificon_evil.gif

I see the change as a plus. Perhaps your main team won't survive the whole event. What about using THE REST OF YOUR CHARACTERS?

If you are fairly new, the REST OF YOUR CHARACTERS have one to three covers. And since you get matched up to high level 2 or even level 3 characters, your heroes with only a few covers are useless. And since you can't compete for the whole event against people who have a healthy stable of heroes, you continue to NOT get more covers.

Which means, unless you buy health packs OR more HP to waste on covers, your progress in the game is now stagnant.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    WHAT KIND OF MONSTER AT THE D3 BOARD MEETING SAID "My fellow thieves, we have nerfed many things during our "Dark Reign" (everybody laughs) but there's still one last loose end to tie up... NERF HOT DOG STAND!(everybody claps) ...Good"

Also I'm still not going to pay a dime for anything, my in-game currency that's be attained strictly by playing the game will only go towards beefing up my roster. Nothing going towards boosts, health-packs, shields or anything. Never again, since January, will I use actual money on this game for any reason whatsoever.
  • redacted3
    redacted3 Posts: 4
    Options
    good thing plants vs zombies garden warfare came out
  • MisanOne
    MisanOne Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    And to think I made a purchase last night.

*Contacts support*

Support - "How many I help you?"
    Me - "Id like a refund of my most recent purchases seeing as the alterations to the game were made without sufficient notice. The game as is now isn't something I would have supported."
    Support - "Im sorry you feel that way however, we're unable to refund your purchases."
    Me - "Really?"
    Support - "Yeah, really."
    Me - "One moment.."
    Bank rep- "Oh really? He's already got his money back. We did a chargeback. This call was purely for our amusement."
    Support - "Nooooooooooo!"
    Bank rep - "You troll us.. we troll you, harder. Have a nice day!"