With "temporary healing", will you buy more HEALTH PACKS?

Options

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's an extraordinary level of consensus. Even such subjects as "Do you like air?" will often have some level of disagreement.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe start a new account and "buy HP" for healthpacks, shields, covers etc instead. Yawn!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's an extraordinary level of consensus. Even such subjects as "Do you like air?" will often have some level of disagreement.
    Obviously Phantron hasn't found the thread yet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    They way I see this is that, this change wouldn't be so horrible IF THERE WERE ANY OTHER 2* P/BK CHARACTERS THAT DIDN'T SUCK ****. Any player transitioning from 2*->3* has literally no other character to use to synergize with a G/R character. The only exception is MNMags+Cstorm combo. Ares? Thor? Wolvie? You need OBW since every other off-color 2* sucks ****. There are too many goddam G/R characters it's ridiculous. And then they go and make She-Hulk G/R too, when she could have been R/P/Bl. But for some unknown reason they made her steal/heal green which makes no sense. CAN WE GET SOME GOOD NON-G/R CHARACTERS? Too bad they're never going to make another 2* since that doesn't get them money. The 2*s seriously need another usable character on the off-colors.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This change won't actually affect me at all. I don't prologue heal any more, and I don't use a healer in my main team, so all I do at the moment is use my main 5-6 characters until they're nearly dead, and then shield/leave the game until the health packs regenerate. For me, nothing really changes. That doesn't stop this being a ridiculous idea that I will never support.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I've bought stupid boosts in a hurry by mistake (at least not the 500 HP ones); have never bought a health pack even when desperate, never will.
    If anything, I will be now even more conservative in my play and try to minimize incoming damage; join tourneys later and use a single 3 h shield closer to the end; abuse Patchneto to hell and back despite wanting to try out various combinations; NOT buy lazy Daken covers yet despite being ready to do so back in Season 2; cry for my teammates and numerous other 2* players that are going to be severely limited in their playtime by D3.
    I distinctly remember them saying that every type of player was welcome; one that invested money and one that invested time. Another sweet lie?
    What's the true reason for a change like that? Can't be 'for diversity's sake', or else even the most incompetent designer would have improved Moonstone and mHawkeye's skills eons ago.
  • Mavericat
    Mavericat Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Muspel wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that this isn't supposed to raise sales of health packs, it's to reduce the power of healing abilities. Currently, they not only help you within a match, but have a lasting effect outside of it-- to the point that you may want to drag out a round longer in order to heal more once the enemy team is down to their last character. It's one of the main reasons that oBW is the only 2* character that isn't completely outclassed on a team of maxed 3*s.

I've actually been expecting a change like that for quite some time, ever since IceIX mentioned that they didn't like what healing abilities do to tournaments and events (particularly things like prologue healing).

I'd be ok with these changes if non-downed heroes are automatically healed a percentage of their total health at the end of every fight.

Otherwise this really does feel like a cash grab. You can buy health packs to win. You'll feel like you need health packs to be competitive. And worst of all, you need health packs to play the game for any sustained period.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I refuse to spend hero points on health packs. Full stop. I encourage everyone else to do the same.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I distinctly remember them saying that every type of player was welcome;
    They made that one a lie as soon as they tweaked the PVE refresh time to 2.5 hours - it's not much of a hassle if you're mobile but it's super inconvenient for most steam users*?

*It's installed on my lappy so I can sneak games in now and then. But no pooptime games for me icon_lol.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    locked wrote:
    I distinctly remember them saying that every type of player was welcome;
    They made that one a lie as soon as they tweaked the PVE refresh time to 2.5 hours - it's not much of a hassle if you're mobile but it's super inconvenient for most steam users*?

*It's installed on my lappy so I can sneak games in now and then. But no pooptime games for me icon_lol.gif
    pooptime games are the best cos you're sitting there longer when a match drags on, increasing your chances of developing piles. LOL
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does anyone think this has anything to do with the recent sentry exploit? Thanks guys!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kiamodo wrote:
    Does anyone think this has anything to do with the recent sentry exploit? Thanks guys!!

If you're spending a ton on boosts and shields for the sentry exploit then you'll probably spring for the health packs too icon_e_smile.gif.

As for me it'll be me buying less health packs. I stopped buying them for PvE when they put in lvl 395 scaling, i'll stop full stop when this change goes in. It pisses me off and my wallet will tell them so.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Taganov wrote:
    Agreed. It amazes me that the first thing people went to was "they want us to buy more health packs!" Never mind full details haven't been revealed, let's just icon_twisted.gificon_evil.gif

I see the change as a plus. Perhaps your main team won't survive the whole event. What about using THE REST OF YOUR CHARACTERS?

You were reading the full details. It amazes me that you rather choose to cover your eyes and pretend there is anything more.

Also you're welcome to use your cupcakes after the A team died just don't start another thread complaining you lost 150 points in the half hour you played the next game with them and and another 350 15 minutes later when the other players happily ate it for breakfast.

You know there are quite many players with roster starting a full page of 120+ full covered characters, and still taking the pain of healing up as using more than the 2-3 best would make them lose bigtime. Nothing this far implied it will change.
  • Unknown
    Options
    For all of u running obw team should gather as much as season point u can get now.

All I see now is blood bath recruitment by the end of season 3 for top 100 spot
  • Droc76
    Droc76 Posts: 56
    Options
    I will just build double or triple the characters I do like to play with.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Never bought a health pack & I ain't starting anytime soon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Alright, who's the one moron?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I PERSONALLY WILL NOT EVER BUY A HEALTH PACK!!!
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the best way to make money is for D3 to have health packs regeneration turned off and to have all iso and hero points to be taken away, and iso and hero points removed from prizes both individually and alliance. then D3 will have a so much of a money grab that they won't know what to do with it. if you are not willing to pay to win, you are not the players they want on their game anywhoo.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best poll ever. I'm not sure if the discussion swayed many D3 minds, but 99.5% player anger is an impressive metric. And now, as mentioned in the healing post, many characters will heal faster.