Rewards Imbalance

Options
2»

Comments

• TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You're right - constant complaining without offering solutions isn't helping, but making the dev's aware there's a problem (when there's a problem) is something we should be doing, isn't it? And, somehow, the canned responses in the Q&A threads aren't really all that cryptic to me... ;)
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TomB said:
    You're right - constant complaining without offering solutions isn't helping, but making the dev's aware there's a problem (when there's a problem) is something we should be doing, isn't it? And, somehow, the canned responses in the Q&A threads aren't really all that cryptic to me... ;)

Without offering solutions? We've been suggesting changes since I started playing (first zendikar set) and had no reaction at all.
    Of course,  any change would mean that players get more prize money overall, and I would reasonably bet that this is the real reason for that lack of reaction.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TomB said:

Without offering solutions? We've been suggesting changes since I started playing (first zendikar set) and had no reaction at all.
    Of course,  any change would mean that players get more prize money overall, and I would reasonably bet that this is the real reason for that lack of reaction.

I never assumed that they didn't want to pay out more, because I never assumed they would. I assumed that the time needed to both recalculate how the payouts should be distributed to prevent paying out more, plus the time to re-implement the game was the collective hurdle.
  • TomB
    Options
    TomB said:

I know it seems futile at times, but if enough of us get behind an idea maybe d3/Oktagon will think about it. You never know... :p
  • QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Note the devs already said they are working on this (in June 2021 in their Q&A).

feel free to continue to hold your breath 

ANSWERS

1. Have the developers heard the concerns of the players wherein a perfect finish awards the first place prize, but a single missed objective of two points or less can plummet a person down hundreds of positions? Further, the bottom bracket of prizes is often a small handful of runes, but can be as large as 250-3000, meaning that less than 10% of players receive a meaningful prize. Are there any plans to address this?Some suggestions the community has proposed, in order of what we'd most like to see:
    Make the awards based on % of possible points, i.e. first prize 95% or better, second prize 90% or better, 80% or better etc.
    Award prizes as percentile against current players. 90 percentile gets top prize, 75 percentile second prize, and at least 50, 25, and 10 before prizes go to garbage.
    Decrease the bracket size down to 250 players or less.

AnswerThank you for your suggestions! The development team is aware of the community concerns and is already searching for the best ways to improve this experience.

• QuiksilverHg
    Options
  • Enigma
    Enigma Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    @QuiksilverHg well worded, thanks. And thanks everyone else for the perspective and discussion, will be interesting to see if anything develops from it.
  • TomB
    Options
    Note the devs already said they are working on this (in June 2021 in their Q&A).

feel free to continue to hold your breath

I wasn't holding my breath - I was suggesting working together. And it did work before...Remember the "Not Another Dime" movement back when Hibernum was around? d3 stepped in and made changes, and now we pay them more than ever.
    Money is still the most potent weapon we have to make them listen to us... B)
  • QuiksilverHg
    Options
    I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular. Just making a rhetorical statement that no matter what issues we bring up they don’t seem to notice. Even when they say they’re working on them
  • Enigma
    Enigma Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support

Glad to see that the newest event has made adjustments to what appears to have been a long standing issue.... 

Oh wait, nevermind.  Same problem with hundreds in 1st place resulting in misleading and unachievable prize tiers.  Cool, way to say "we're working on it" and then just not.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Enigma said:
    @Oktagon_Support

Glad to see that the newest event has made adjustments to what appears to have been a long standing issue.... 

Oh wait, nevermind.  Same problem with hundreds in 1st place resulting in misleading and unachievable prize tiers.  Cool, way to say "we're working on it" and then just not.

I really and sincerely do hope they update the prize tier layout at some point, but I also have a hard time getting very passionate about the topic for coalition events. The difference between first and last on the individual tier is only 4,000 runes, 4 jewels, and 3 packs. In coalition events, the massive, massive chunk of the rewards are reserved for the coalition prize tier.
    Individual achievement is focused on events like Skoti or Seize the Day, so they are the events where we would want to see a new prize tier system deployed first.
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm in favor of abolishing individual ranked rewards for coalition events. My suggestion (and that of many others) is to offer bonus rewards for earning 100%/97.5%/95% of total possible points. Honestly, I think this is the perfect solution as it encourages further engagement, especially after you miss one objective.

I just finished the new Kamigawa event missing one 2pt objective because my creatures were buried deep in my deck. As a result, my current place is 126th with a two hours still to go. The rewards outside of the top 100 are basically participation trophies. Ultimately though, like @jtwood said above, all of the individual rewards are pretty lackluster.