Release Notes 5.3.1

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

What’s New

New Collection: Puzzle Masters (PMA), has arrived!
A brand new and exclusive collection only in Magic: Puzzle Quest! 

New Mechanics

Enlist (White Improved Gem)

When this gem is destroyed, you gain 2 life. When this gem reaches the bottom of the board, destroy all Enlisted gems. Your creatures with Assemble get +X/+X until end of turn. X is the number of Enlisted gems destroyed this way.

Enlist is the new White improved gem mechanic that allows players to buff their creatures with the Assemble evergreen and gain life. Enlisted gems work as an army, and once an Enlisted gem reaches the bottom of the board, all Enlisted gems are destroyed and trigger their effect together.

Assemble

When you match a non-basic white gem by swapping for the first time during your turn, you may choose any opposing target. During that turn's combat phase, your creatures with Assemble will attack that target only.

Assemble is a creature's evergreen ability that allows the player to choose which opposing target is going to be attacked by all creatures with Assemble the player's control, like soldiers following an attack command. The player can choose to activate this ability or not by having to match by swap a non-basic White gem in order to trigger Assemble.

Seed (Green Improved Gems)

When this gem is destroyed, gain 1 mana for each creature you control, including their reinforcements.

Seed is the new Green improved gem mechanic that makes the player generate more mana, according to the number of creatures and creature reinforcements they control.

Leyline

When you match 3 or more Green gems for the first time during your turn: This creature gets +X/+X until end of turn. X is the amount of Green gems on the board.

Leyline is a new evergreen ability for creatures that give buffs related to the amount of Green gems on the board when the player matches 3 or more Green gems.

Deny (Blue Improved Gems)

When you create a Denial gem, your opponent gains Denied. When a Denial gem is matched, if a Denied player matched it, Restrain that player. Otherwise: Create a Time Bubble token. Denial gems count as Improved gems.

Deny is the new Blue improved gem mechanic that drains and deny resources from the opponent, working similarly to a counterspell. When a player denies a gem, their opponent will receive an evergreen called Denied. Denied gems work differently according to the player that matches them: if a denied player matches it, their non-Blue mana bonuses will be reduced by the Restrain effect. Otherwise, an invisible support token - the Time Bubble - that counters opposing spells when matched will be created on the board.

Denied

“There can’t be more than one player with Denied at the same time. When your opponent gains Denied, you lose Denied.”

Denied is an icon evergreen that defines how a player interacts with Denial gems - if the player interacting with them is the Denied player, their non-Blue mana bonuses will be reduced by the Restrain effect.

Time Bubble - Invisible Support

Time Bubble
Support - Enchantment - Blue - Shield 1
When this support is destroyed or loses shield: If it’s your turn - Drain 3 mana from your opponent’s hand. Otherwise: Your opponent discards the first card with mana from their hand.

In case the denied gems are matched by a non-Denied player, a Time Bubble is created, invisible to the owner’s opponent. This invisible support is easily destroyable, and has different effects if the destroyer is the owner or their opponent, translating a feeling of trap and counterspell at the same time. 

Restrain

When a player is Restrained, their non-Blue mana bonuses get -1 until the end of their next turn

Restrain is a new triggered ability that reduces the opponent’s non-Blue mana bonuses until the end of their next turn. These mana bonus reductions can be stacked.

New Planeswalkers

Ajani, Invigorate Leadership

Long ago, Ajani Goldmane learned that fighting is not always the answer. Through this lesson, he evolved his sense of justice, his strength, and his wisdom, molding him into a great leader and advisor. Sometimes, however, the fight comes to you. When that time comes, Ajani will not hesitate to lead his allies into battle!

Max Level Stats

Tokens

Ajani's Leadership

(White) Support Card - Enchantment (1) Token

When this support is destroyed: Move all its Evergreens to a random creature you control.

Nissa, Vital Energy

Motivated to guard all life nurtured by the multiverse, Nissa Revane will even use her vital energy to make life flourish in the most unlikely of scenarios.

Max Level Stats

Tokens

Worldsoul

(Green) Support Card - Emblem (3) Token

At the beginning of the combat on your turn: Your first creature gains Trample until end of turn. If you control 2 or more creatures with Leyline — Instead: Your creatures gain Trample and Haste until end of turn.

Teferi, Chronoclast

Wise. Powerful. And above all, kind. Famous for his deeds throughout the wide multiverse, Teferi always has time in his hands. Even so, he’ll do whatever it takes to prevent and stop any threat from reaching his daughter, Niambi.

Max Level Stats

Anti Clockwise

(Blue) Support Card - Emblem (3) Token

When your opponent makes a non-Blue match by swap: Restrain.

Changes:

• Titanomachy changed from Standard to Legacy.

Fixes:

• Added the correct Masterpiece frame of Innistrad: Crimson Vow set 

Comments

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Don't see anything about a change to the required Android version, but it appears Pie is no longer a supported version. What is required for the game now, since it's not listed here or anywhere on the app page in the Play store?
  • Fireguy
    Fireguy Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Very nice!
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Love to see surprise new content. Excellent!

• JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    So what's the deal with a second card called Ignite the Beacon?  We already have that card, same exact art even.  Was that intentional?
  • gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    DUDE! These walkers are BROKEN lol, Can't wait to play with them all!

Great Job Oktagon!
  • WulFgaR77
    WulFgaR77 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    gozmaster said:

Great Job Oktagon!
    Yes broken.... 🤔

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86227/ajanis-leadership-tokens-are-bugged
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    how soon can we expect the blue and green sets of pma I dont see them available in the vault.  
  • DrRuphus
    DrRuphus Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Julie71 said:
    how soon can we expect the blue and green sets of pma I dont see them available in the vault.  
    The ajani bundle has a countdown of 7 days. Maybe next week they will shift to the next PW
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    All this new content was definitely an amazing surprise! Thanks a lot for all the work behind it. Looking forward to getting Ajani fixed and all the new PMA cards
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    gozmaster said:

Great Job Oktagon!
    Have you gotten him yet?
  • DrRuphus
    DrRuphus said:
    Julie71 said:
    The ajani bundle has a countdown of 7 days. Maybe next week they will shift to the next PW
    And, as usual, I was wrong... Well you can't blame a guy to dream
  • DrRuphus

Have you gotten him yet?
    Well, ajani is a monster tank for sure (130 hp and a lot of ways to keep it at full life) from what we have seen from the story mode nissa can farm a lot of mana at a whim and teferi is more annoying than ever especially of you don't use a blue pw

Ps sorry for the exaggerated quote box, my connection is janky and i copied multiple tes the quote command
  • Gunmix25
    DrRuphus said:

Have you gotten him yet?
    Well, ajani is a monster tank for sure (130 hp and a lot of ways to keep it at full life) from what we have seen from the story mode nissa can farm a lot of mana at a whim and teferi is more annoying than ever especially of you don't use a blue pw

Ps sorry for the exaggerated quote box, my connection is janky and i copied multiple tes the quote command
    I have Ajani 5 and I completely agree, he is a tank and one of the most solid mono-white planeswalkers in the game. Can clog the board to reduce conversion cascades, is able to convert white gems if non-activated white gem count is below 4. Able to give double strike and lifelink. The token generation and capability of being able to target or ignore any creature is huge. Easily in the S tier in my opinion. Was super curious was what @gozmaster thought of him if he had him yet.

Cannot say much for the other two, but I suspect they are right up there too. I plan to get both.
  • gozmaster
    Gunmix25 said:
    gozmaster said:

Great Job Oktagon!
    Have you gotten him yet?
    Yeah, Oktagon was gracious enough to get me access just after it's update, and I just uploaded my full review and got permission to start a thread to post them here, So I'll tag that as soon as it's up.
  • gozmaster
    Gunmix25 said:
    gozmaster said:

Great Job Oktagon!
    Have you gotten him yet?
    Here you go man...

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86296/ajani-invigorate-leadership#latest

• Gunmix25
    gozmaster said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    gozmaster said:

Great Job Oktagon!
    Have you gotten him yet?
    Here you go man...

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86296/ajani-invigorate-leadership#latest

thanks man! Got to watch it the first hour you released it. Seriously am impressed with Ajani and liking him as an alternate to Zariel in terms of color choice but similar aggressiveness. 
  • DrRuphus
    @gozmaster

I am curious to know your opinions on the new teferi.
    After a few games I find him quite fun but severely too fragile for more competitive events
  • gozmaster
    Full Review Coming Soon.DrRuphus said:
    @gozmaster

After a few games I find him quite fun but severely too fragile for more competitive events

• gozmaster
    DrRuphus said:
    @gozmaster

Here you go man, let me know your thoughts...

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86351/full-review-on-teferi-chronoclast-pauper-peasant-mythic-builds/p1?new=1