**** Echo (Maya Lopez) ****

12346»

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    I was powering Apocalypse's black power with her red

I thought about that but she needs 7 Red to make 9 black. If you have 7 Red, why not just fire Apoc's Red? The black tiles she makes aren't guaranteed to match and you need enough protects out to really take advantage of them. Since my Apoc does 64K with his Red and 91K with his Black, I guess I might try it if I had a bunch of protects on the board and a single opponent left with over 67K -91K health, otherwise seems less optimal unless I'm missing something.
    Oh because my Apoc is 5/2/4 lvl 300 so the black is much better than red, even when powered by the yellow. I did mention that Colossus would better. I liked Capt. M4rvel in the Introducing event for 4*. Sometimes there are no black matches on the board so a second option to find black is always welcome. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:
    Surely billy club is her best chosen ability. Of all the things I’ve done with her it was the only ability that had legs to it. The stun is nice and the damage is good-great in her tier.
    Most definitely. I used it to easily handle the Riri/Mockingbird Shield Training level by bringing Valkrie and stun locking Riri/Mockingbird. One of the easiest times I've had with that node in a long time as I didn't come close to losing anyone (my ProfX is only L300 so he didn't do much other than minor damage on match 4 and I used his Purple once to add more Red to the board).
    KGB
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    She is not bad for a 4*, however a lot of things she does is hard to tell. If the enemy keeps firing powers she can build a great nuke (I damaged last standing mockingbird for 55k with IF power).
    And if matching 4 tiles and not matching the traps she is really tough to beat.
    Her red power is just the continued transition to those 3* characters to 4* land. 
    And she has the strike tile option if tanking, good for softcapped kittys or polaris. 
    Is she helping 5* players? Hardly.
  • Sekilicious
    KGB said:
    dianetics said:
    Surely billy club is her best chosen ability. Of all the things I’ve done with her it was the only ability that had legs to it. The stun is nice and the damage is good-great in her tier.
    Most definitely. I used it to easily handle the Riri/Mockingbird Shield Training level by bringing Valkrie and stun locking Riri/Mockingbird. One of the easiest times I've had with that node in a long time as I didn't come close to losing anyone (my ProfX is only L300 so he didn't do much other than minor damage on match 4 and I used his Purple once to add more Red to the board).
    KGB
    OK I get it now. I just did the same. That power is better than I remember, though perhaps I did not give Daredevil a fair shake. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:

Is she helping 5* players? Hardly.
    Definitely agree, I can only speak for myself but in her Riri/Mock SHIELD Training today, I don't think I paid one bit of attention to Echo and won handily with Px/SC.  I will definitely champ her but can't imagine using her beyond when she is required.
  • KGB
    KGB said:
    dianetics said:
    KGB
    OK I get it now. I just did the same. That power is better than I remember, though perhaps I did not give Daredevil a fair shake. 
    3* Daredevil's Billy Club does not do damage on the re-stun. Hers is doing 25K in Shield Training since she's boosted to God Mode. It still does a healthy 9K damage when not God boosted so it's handier than it looks especially against goons who can't match it away.
    KGB
  • Sekilicious
    edited December 2021
    KGB said:
    KGB said:
    dianetics said:
    KGB
    3* Daredevil's Billy Club does not do damage on the re-stun. Hers is doing 25K in Shield Training since she's boosted to God Mode. It still does a healthy 9K damage when not God boosted so it's handier than it looks especially against goons who can't match it away.
    KGB
    Yeah the God boost is very helpful. Her powers seem to have a bit of self synergy in that the strikes and match damage increase the damage of the Billy Club. I'm pretty sure that she was doing far more than 25k damage when executing Mockingbird and Riri. Valkyries strikes helped quite a bit as well. The only thing I really don't like is her strikes on red, though that would be just fine with Polaris when she is required. My one cover Prof X died honorably unfortunately. 
  • KGB
    edited December 2021
    KGB said:
    KGB said:
    dianetics said:
    KGB
    KGB
    Yeah the God boost is very helpful. Her powers seem to have a bit of self synergy in that the strikes and match damage increase the damage of the Billy Club. I'm pretty sure that she was doing far more than 25k damage when executing Mockingbird and Riri. Valkyries strikes helped quite a bit as well. The only thing I really don't like is her strikes on red, though that would be just fine with Polaris when she is required. My one cover Prof X died honorably unfortunately. 

It's the self synergy you spoke of. Her Black passive is increasing power and match damage by 95% every time the enemy fires a power. So if you let the Bot fire Green a couple of times it will speed up the pace she melts Riri/Mockingbird with her Billy Club.
    KGB
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    The last time they made a group of older 4* into feeders, they gave out retroactive rewards that were less than the full amount.  A small group of veteran players threw a huge tantrum about it, the game was review bombed, other things happened, and eventually the devs caved and gave out the full amount.

The way those players handled it ensured we'll never get retroactive rewards ever again.

Honestly, I have no problem with the player frustration about first shardmas. Full retroactive rewards was an established precedent in the game and there was basically no reason for the change except that demi/d3 wanted more $ from players. I think some of the personal abuse from players towards the devs/pubs was uncalled for, but being upset about  demo/d3 tightening the screws on monetization seems fair to me.
    It's also not clear to me that there was much effect on the players one way or the other. As you say, a very small number of players got lots of extra covers because they had built farms of 370s for the express purpose of getting retroactive rewards.  But so what?  By definition anyone who was able to even contemplate building multiple 370s was a super-whale tier player (either by money or being a super dedicated  grinder). So it was rich-get-richer which basically describes the entire design philosophy of MPQ's reward structure.
    Also, echo seems bad for the release events that are mostly against tilemovers. She is just too contingent on unreliable or undesirable events.  She might still be a good tool for 4* transitioners as she has a decent stun on an unusual color, and will do decent damage, especially in pve goon nodes. (Note: my criticism of echo does not apply to the 5* column of welcome to shield. +100% damage for an overboosted 4* is plenty of damage output)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Echo worked OK on both of the hard nodes in her SHIELD thingy. I was doing 40k plus damage with deadly precision/Bullseye power which was able to take down the Riri/Mock one and switched to ton o' stun Billy Club for Thing etc and that hit hard too. Of course she was super boosted there. She seems another solid addition to the 4* tier but you have to wonder how many more "solid" members that tier needs?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Echo worked OK on both of the hard nodes in her SHIELD thingy. I was doing 40k plus damage with deadly precision/Bullseye power which was able to take down the Riri/Mock one and switched to ton o' stun Billy Club for Thing etc and that hit hard too. Of course she was super boosted there. She seems another solid addition to the 4* tier but you have to wonder how many more "solid" members that tier needs?

I found that billy club wasn't great for the thing/mordo/SL node. There are just too many considerations to manage (collect enough red, stun SL first, and be sure to avoid enemy cascades as this team has painful actives on all 6 colors). Every time I managed to get one or two billy clubs out then got matched away by bad board luck a few turns later. 
    fortunately deadly precision did more than enough damage to one-shot after letting mordo cast black once or twice. So all it took was a red battery and a slightly favorable board that let me collect extra red with deadly precision.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2021
    Her purple power is minimized by the fact you can’t see the trap tiles she makes . We are getting a lot of characters recently whose match damage increases when a requirement is met, is this the new trend for 2022? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    It's a good thing. I think it's to help 4* players deal with 5* in pvp. We have a number of 4* whose abilities include damage reduction and increased match damage.