HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's their relationship? Havok is sad.  :D
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's their relationship? Havok is sad.  :D
    Evidently Echo was(is?) A Phoenix host.  
  • HoundofShadow
    That explains why. Havok wonders when his turn is next. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    If only his longtime love interest Polaris were a 4* in this game…oh…wait
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    They can't make Polaris a feeder because they're terrified that 20 angry, entitled vets would throw a tantrum about it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I already put in my time grinding Havok shards, Sighclops as well, so they can do it or not I guess. Maybe we’ll get a 4* Major X or Corsair at some point to have a more thematically appropriate feeder. Havok was one of the biggest disappointments to me champ wise though for what it’s worth. I unironically prefer using Banner.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited December 2021
    MODOK can winfinite with Echo. I just tried it in shield training. You need either 14 red aps or 12/18 black aps to kick off winfinite. Set MODOK to 5/4/4 or 5/3/5 and Echo's power to Iron Fist's. Domino will help to create black aps faster but Prof X isn't a bad choice.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Physical Prodigy doesn’t make her tank. The match damage buff (and power buff) are applied on the match (and when the power goes off). Her match damage base doesn’t increase. 

However, you can throw the Billy Club, have the AI fire off a power or two, and when the billy club returns, it will do more damage than when you fired it. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    She seems very unremarkable to me.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    They can't make Polaris a feeder because they're terrified that 20 angry, entitled vets would throw a tantrum about it.
    Ok, you have me curious. Why would any vets have a problem with any character becoming a feeder? Don't they usually give you the retroactive feeder rewards? If so the vets aren't missing out on anything from Polaris now being a feeder. They would actually come out ahead since the original rewards wouldn't be retroactively rescinded. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    Ok, you have me curious. Why would any vets have a problem with any character becoming a feeder? Don't they usually give you the retroactive feeder rewards? If so the vets aren't missing out on anything from Polaris now being a feeder. They would actually come out ahead since the original rewards wouldn't be retroactively rescinded. 

As I recall, the way they did 5* shards for 4* feeders ended up as a slight reduction in the cp/hp value of 4* champs. So making every 4* a feeder would also change the value of 4* farms over time. That would likely upset some players.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last time they made a group of older 4* into feeders, they gave out retroactive rewards that were less than the full amount.  A small group of veteran players threw a huge tantrum about it, the game was review bombed, other things happened, and eventually the devs caved and gave out the full amount.

The way those players handled it ensured we'll never get retroactive rewards ever again.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I already put in my time grinding Havok shards, Sighclops as well, so they can do it or not I guess. Maybe we’ll get a 4* Major X or Corsair at some point to have a more thematically appropriate feeder. Havok was one of the biggest disappointments to me champ wise though for what it’s worth. I unironically prefer using Banner.

I guess we could still potentially get a 4* Strong Guy or Madrox who could feed him via the old X-Factor link.
    As for Echo - first impressions she is definitely not as much fun as the last few 4's however part of that was that the AI had auto-assigned Deadly Precision to my loaner so I didn't get to try out the other two powers in my limited use so far. I can change that in her PvP and see if either other red abilities are any good for shenanigans although as I will have to lean on Adam Warlock this week possibly not so much.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    DAZ0273 said:

I guess we could still potentially get a 4* Strong Guy or Madrox who could feed him via the old X-Factor link.
    As for Echo - first impressions she is definitely not as much fun as the last few 4's however part of that was that the AI had auto-assigned Deadly Precision to my loaner so I didn't get to try out the other two powers in my limited use so far. I can change that in her PvP and see if either other red abilities are any good for shenanigans although as I will have to lean on Adam Warlock this week possibly not so much.

You can change her power in the setup screen by clicking on her character, clicking on her Red power and selecting a different option for her Red power (left/right and change button).  I stumbled on that by accident but was happy to change to Billy Club.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    5* Prof X/MODOK/Echo is a pretty good winfinite with good damage. But, there seems to be some lag like Okoye/iHulk has. Hopefully, I have him champed by the time he's featured again. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surely billy club is her best chosen ability. Of all the things I’ve done with her it was the only ability that had legs to it. The stun is nice and the damage is good-great in her tier.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was powering Apocalypse's black power with her red, as my Apoc needs the help. I can see her with Colossus, feeding the nuke with lots of match-4s and crits. Sadly, mine is much smaller than Apoc so that wouldn't do anything. It seems to me, people value 3* Daredevil's Billy Club much higher than I ever did. But I used 3* IF all the time to feed Cag3 or Cyclops. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I was powering Apocalypse's black power with her red

I thought about that but she needs 7 Red to make 9 black. If you have 7 Red, why not just fire Apoc's Red? The black tiles she makes aren't guaranteed to match and you need enough protects out to really take advantage of them. Since my Apoc does 64K with his Red and 91K with his Black, I guess I might try it if I had a bunch of protects on the board and a single opponent left with over 67K -91K health, otherwise seems less optimal unless I'm missing something.
  • HoundofShadow
    It's useful in niche situation where opponent is invisible and Apoc's red can't hit them. So, you "convert" your red to black so that you can hit invisible character with Apoc's black.