**** Echo (Maya Lopez) ****

Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited January 2022 in Character Details

Echo (Maya Lopez)
4-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Heroes
"Maya Lopez: socialite, deaf prodigy, and adopted daughter of Kingpin secretly trained to be enforcer and assassin. Upon learning that Kingpin had killed her biological father, Maya got in touch with her Cheyenne heritage and her heroic inclinations. Now she's Echo, a master at taking down criminal cartels with her ability to perfectly mimic any physical ability she sees."
(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
2964 Health / 10976 Health
 9 | 42 | 8 | 33 | 10 | 37 | 23 | 4.0x
 12 | 85 | 11 | 65 | 13 | 74 | 43 | 4.0x

Anything You Can Do - 
Choose which Power Echo should use in battle! Pick 1 of 3 Powers to learn: Billy ClubDeadly Precision, and Iron Fist of K'un-Lun. Learning a Power will allow Echo to use that Power in battle. Echo can only learn 1 Power at a time, but she can freely switch Powers between combat in her character page.

Billy Club - 9  AP
Echo's billy club ricochets from target to target, striking her enemies with amazing accuracy. Stuns the target for 1 turn and creates a 4-turn Red Countdown tile that stuns for 1 turn, does 463 damage, and creates a new Billy Club Countdown tile. If you match it away, Echo catches her club and gains 1 Red AP. (Max level 902 damage)
  • Level 2: Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile, matching the Billy Club tile gains 3 Red AP.
  • Level 3: Stuns the target for 2 turns before placing the Countdown tile.
  • Level 4: Countdown tile stuns for 2 turns and does 833 damage. (Max level 1624 damage)
  • Level 5: Countdown tile does 2315 damage, matching the Billy Club tile gains 4 Red AP. (Max level 4510 damage)
Deadly Precision - 11  AP
Echo lets loose a torrent of projectiles, weakening her opponent for the final blow. Destroys 3 chosen basic or Team-Up tiles and deals 695 damage. Destroyed tiles don't deal damage or generate AP. (Max level 1353 damage)
  • Level 2: Destroys 4 chosen tiles and deals 926 damage. (Max level 1804 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 1390 damage. (Max level 2706 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 2316 damage. (Max level 4510 damage)
  • Level 5: Destroys 5 chosen tiles and deals 3706 damage. (Max level 7216 damage)
Iron Fist of K'un-Lun - 7  AP
Echo focuses her chi to make her fists like unto a thing of iron and strikes. If the team has less than 12 Black AP, converts 5 basic tiles to Black. If the team has 12 or more Black AP, deals 741 damage instead. (Max level 1443 damage)
  • Level 2: Either converts 5 basic tiles to Black or deals 1019 damage. (Max level 1984 damage)
  • Level 3: Either converts 6 basic tiles to Black or deals 1176 damage. (Max level 2291 damage)
  • Level 4: Either converts 7 basic tiles to Black or deals 1519 damage. (Max level 2958 damage)
  • Level 5: Either converts 9 basic tiles to Black or deals 2084 damage. (Max level 4058 damage)
Physical Prodigy -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) If she can see it she can learn it; Echo has perfect muscle recall. Echo's powers and matches deal 15% more damage each time a power is fired by the enemy team (up to a max of 60%).

At the start of the turn, if Echo is in the front, make a Red strength 11 Strike tile. (Max level strength 22)
  • Level 2: Powers and matches deal 20% more damage, up to a max of 80%. Makes a red Strength 17 Strike tile. (Max level strength 33)
  • Level 3: Powers and matches deal 35% more damage, up to a max of 105%. 
  • Level 4: Powers and matches deal 55% more damage, up to a max of 165%. Makes a red Strength 18 Strike tile. (Max level strength 37)
  • Level 5: Powers and matches deal 95% more damage, up to a max of 285%. 
Undercover Expert -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) The long game is where Echo excels - her time undercover is the enemy's undoing. Whenever you make a Match-4 or greater, Echo creates a Black or Purple enemy trap tile. When you match or destroy this tile, deal 491 damage to the enemy. (Max level 956 damage)

While one of these traps is on the board, Echo takes 10% less damage from enemy matches and powers.
  • Level 2: Deals 658 damage. Takes 20% less damage. (Max level 1281 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 815 damage. Takes 30% less damage. (Max level 1587 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1195 damage. Takes 40% less damage. (Max level 2327 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1955 damage. Takes 60% less damage. (Max level 3806 damage)

RELEASE SCHEDULE

Release Events:

Story

Introducing... Echo – Dec 2-9

• Rewards Iso-8 and a Heroic Token

• Echo (Maya Lopez) Shards in Progression rewards

Operation Spider Silk – Dec 2-7

• Rewards tokens to the Operation Spider Silk Cover Pack

• Echo (Maya Lopez) in Placement rewards

Hearts of Darkness – Dec 6-10

• Echo (Maya Lopez) in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. – Dec 5-10

• Echo (Maya Lopez) shards in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Echo & Friends vault

Versus

The Best Offense – Dec 2-6

• Echo (Maya Lopez) in Placement rewards

Imitation Game – Dec 5-8

• Echo (Maya Lopez) in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Echo & Friends vault

OFFERS

Echo & Friends - Dec 2-10

80 Item Vault
  • 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Echo cover

• 1x Magik cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x She-Hulk cover

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Hawkeye (Modern) cover

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    How is Echo, the most guessed 4*, related to Daredevil, Bullseye and Iron Fist?

I'll choose Billy Club for this but Iron Fist power If I'm using Domino. A red 5 turn + 4 turn stun that returns 4-5 red aps when matched is welcomed. I can see potential infinite red aps with Shuri/Heimdall. Potential winfinite alert with Domino + IMHB/MODOK, depending on the numbers.

Second power is good against only goons unless you are trying to hit the healthpack milestones.

I don't know how to interpret her third power. Match-3 or greater? Creating enemy trap tiles like JJ? There's probably some unique strategy surrounding creating trap tiles for enemies but I can't think of any yet.

5/3/5 against movers and 3/5/5 against goons.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's some really low health with no evasion. A red stun is cool but the rest of this I'm not too sure about.
    It will be interesting to see what the final damage is on the trap tiles.
    Not digging the black because she has such low health, but I'm wondering if it will affect her trap tile damage.
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    edited November 2021
    Final numbers or not, im not impress, echo is riding the bench along side emma frost, talos, mysterio.. only used when needed, now if echo would of been based on the phoenix version, that's a different matter. sad to say the move set is not good, even taskmaster is better. thats not saying much. stop with the low level health on characters at least give them mid health, if you want to get more usage out of them.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    (PASSIVE) <Character's> powers and matches deal a certain % more damage each time a power is fired by the enemy team (up to a max %).
    With health this low the above wont be very effective if the enemy power fired one-shots this character...so this is pretty much a goon basher.

• HoundofShadow
    Thank you for the explanation. 

Characters with trap tile based ability seldom receive good impressions. I think her mechanics are fine, with potential winfinite. Low health is always a minus point and it could be due to her trap tiles dealing high enough damage to down enemies quicker than usual.

We'll shall know in another 12 hours time?
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Any black AP nukers (C4rol, Geddoom, D5ken, Apoc, D5adpool etc) should like this new character.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trap tile generators (like Elektra and Mr Sinister) seem to play much better in the hands of AI than in the hands of a player.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    How is Echo, the most guessed 4*, related to Daredevil, Bullseye and Iron Fist?

I'll choose Billy Club for this but Iron Fist power If I'm using Domino. A red 5 turn + 4 turn stun that returns 4-5 red aps when matched is welcomed. I can see potential infinite red aps with Shuri/Heimdall. Potential winfinite alert with Domino + IMHB/MODOK, depending on the numbers.

Second power is good against only goons unless you are trying to hit the healthpack milestones.

I don't know how to interpret her third power. Match-3 or greater? Creating enemy trap tiles like JJ? There's probably some unique strategy surrounding creating trap tiles for enemies but I can't think of any yet.

5/3/5 against movers and 3/5/5 against goons.
    I guess this is why her IF red costs 7 instead of 5. Good call. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    (PASSIVE) <Character's> powers and matches deal a certain % more damage each time a power is fired by the enemy team (up to a max %).
    With health this low the above wont be very effective if the enemy power fired one-shots this character...so this is pretty much a goon basher.

Depending on the stats, she could be another (in addition to Morbius) counter to Mindless Ones. They spam so many tiles each turn I can see this getting to astronomical levels.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    She could be a good entry for the 4* tier. Equipping IF power and using IF together could create a board flooded with black: cascades and traps for her.
    Her traps will deal high damage that can be enhanced by goons. 
    This one could be the most pure release for 4* tier in a while.
  • HoundofShadow
    Talking about Mindless Ones, her power seems to target them and Ninjas(?) because she creates purple/black trap tiles for them and they can't overwrite those tiles with their powers. Mindless Ones/Ninja gangs fire their powers twice a turn easily. Come wave nodes with goons spamming powers, we'll probably appreciate her passive powers and trap tiles that will one-shot them.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Talking about Mindless Ones, her power seems to target them and Ninjas(?) because she creates purple/black trap tiles for them and they can't overwrite those tiles with their powers
    Normally you can over write enemy trap tiles because you can't see them. Is there something special about Ninjas/Mindless Ones that prevent them from doing that? Otherwise I expect them to over write any of her trap tiles with their CD's.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    Because she creates trap tiles for enemies, not for your team. You can't overwrite friendly trap tiles, just like how they can't overwrite their "friendly" trap tiles. However, the players can overwrite those purple/black trap tiles.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Giving trap tiles to enemy it's interesting. 
    However it's a failed chance to give special tiles to the enemy and then boosting characters such as morbius and mantis. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gotta see numbers but looks like a dud.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely doesn't punch up.
    Not a threat to passive-heavy PvP teams.
    She can help create an all-black board, but is that any more viable than the Nightcrawler infinite? Or is it just some niche fun to play with every once in a while? I'm guessing the latter.
    I guess if you don't currently have a lot of PvE options against goon types, she gives you a halfway decent option.
    She's bench fodder for me.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,803 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends on numbers, but should be just fine as a 4*.  Most likely not going to be relevant to 5* players, but 4* should never, ever be relevant to 5* players.

Their red in Iron Fist mode could produce an infinite loop with Hulkbuster black.  I think they used to have a color chart or something to stop those, but I guess they don't anymore.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Their red in Iron Fist mode could produce an infinite loop with Hulkbuster black. 
    Until Hulkbuster ends up killing himself anyway.