DO NOT UPDATE UNTIL COALITION EVENT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Endbringer
Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
edited November 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I'm sure many of you like me did not know there was an update today and you see the very generous about time rewards in Harvesttide of 1000, 1000, 1500, and 2500 Mana crystals. If you do not update you will get those rewards. If you update there will only be a 20 and another 20 Mana crystals. Thanks [redacted bk] for telling me about the update and causing me to lose out on 5000 Mana crystals!!! 🤬

Comments

• Endbringer
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I didn't cast nor lose any creatures by the time I had won my first match in the bottom node of Harvesttide, yet the last objective "Lose 5 or less creatures during the fight" was RED and not met. It said 0/5. I am now tied with a lot of other people in my bracket with 18 points... IN SECOND PLACE BECAUSE SOME HOW [redacted bk] HAS 20! Now an extra win and 8 hours is needed.
  • Endbringer
    Options
    Ah wonderful. Now 3 people have 20 in 1st while many of us that met all the objectives have 18 and are in 4th. I wonder how far we'll be bumped down.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I lost zero creatures and was able to get full points. 

Did you update the client with today's patch? 

I'm on Android, and did update.

I ask because we have people who neglected to update, and they seem to be running into the same issue as you.
  • Endbringer
    Options
    I did not know of an update. But why in the world would I be able to join the event and get the objectives from the top node but the bottom screws me over... because I didn't update? That's crazy.
  • madwren
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I did not know of an update. But why in the world would I be able to join the event and get the objectives from the top node but the bottom screws me over... because I didn't update? That's crazy.

I agree.  From what I know, the update was only to fix the exorbitant rewards that were being given out, not make any node fixes.  

Edit: Bongo linked to the Patch Notes below.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2021
    Options
    If you didn't get the second node's third objective is because you didn't updated the game. If you didn't, you can get thousands of gold taking advantage of the bugged rewards but you cannot get a perfect score. You have to chose. Can't get both since they stated on the patch notes that they fixed both the progression rewards and the second node's third objective.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/85908/release-notes-5-2-2#latest
  • Endbringer
    Options
    I'm so pissed right now!!! I was on the path of big rewards, now I update thanks to coming on here and hearing about the update and am now screwed out of 5000 crystals. I thought for once after spending over $5k on this game that I was getting a little something back but of course not. $@&#!
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's hard to see how this will not be rolled back.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Specially when those who did updated the game get 40 crystals max from progression and those who didn't get up to 6000 crystals
  • Fliggl
    Fliggl Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah, updated and now I'm not amused... big pile of horsepoo!
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Me too, big fat carrot waved and snatched away  :(
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2021
    Options
    This is scandalous.

Rolling back is not fair either - people will spend the money aready, and make decisions based of that (e.g. whether to buy Elite packs or not).

If you're a developer, this is how to make players hate you.

Sorry, but if you devs made such a mistake, you should just leave it till the end of event so that everyone is treated FAIR.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Forced update up now
  • madwren
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Other games I play have the ability to force a client update in order to play the game.  I wonder why they don't do that here?

It seems like that, or having an emergency maintenance (and then a reasonable compensation for said maintenance) would have been preferred solutions.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Equity or there is a strong chance this is the end for me. I don’t say this lightly. I’ve been playing since before events were a thing. It’s the feeling of being mistreated or cheated as a player that drives me away.

I was so happy to see a pile of latest-set packs in the rewards for this event. I finally felt like rewards were improving.

Now I don’t even want to play because any reward is a tiny fraction of what others got.
  • madwren
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I'm sure many of you like me did not know there was an update today and you see the very generous about time rewards in Harvesttide of 1000, 1000, 1500, and 2500 Mana crystals. If you do not update you will get those rewards. If you update there will only be a 20 and another 20 Mana crystals. Thanks [redacted bk] for telling me about the update and causing me to lose out on 5000 Mana crystals!!! 🤬

Hey mate, I wasn't trying to cause you to lose out on anything.  I think their update process needs some improvement, that's for sure.
  • Endbringer
    Options
    Equity or there is a strong chance this is the end for me. I don’t say this lightly. I’ve been playing since before events were a thing. It’s the feeling of being mistreated or cheated as a player that drives me away.

I was so happy to see a pile of latest-set packs in the rewards for this event. I finally felt like rewards were improving.

Now I don’t even want to play because any reward is a tiny fraction of what others got.
    Exactly! We were about to make 6000 crystals in a weekend, what otherwise could have taken let's say half a year give or take, and to me it seemed like a Halloween event payout at first, some kind of thank you for being a customer/player. I almost spent all of my crystals I already had on half off deck slots thinking I'd be fine with the event rewards coming in. Thankfully I didn't. But now that the update dropped it from 6000 to 40, it feels like every event I'll do for the next 6 months won't make up for the update I had to do. Talk about a good mood killer and a really bad mood generator.
  • Endbringer
    edited November 2021
    Options
    madwren said:

Hey mate, I wasn't trying to cause you to lose out on anything.  I think their update process needs some improvement, that's for sure.
    I know... My bad dude. Not your fault. At the moment it reset for me, the universe sent me down a crazy path of bad luck. I'm not sure if the game has forced people to update recently to prevent everyone from progressing down the big reward path, hopefully some can utilize it, but feeling like I potentially could have remained on the path had I not updated, made me mad at every little odd occurrence that lead up to me updating. Good luck in the game!
  • Endbringer
    Options
    That was a really big, really juicy carrot dangled in our faces, for 24 hours prior, and then it was taken away forever before we could eat it. Kind of like seeing heaven in sight and then getting flicked to the flame right before entering the pearly gates. They really need to compensate at least 3000 crystals for the way they just really set everyone up for such a huge letdown and played with everyone's emotions so negatively!
This discussion has been closed.