Hi Everyone - We are aware that some posts are popping up on the forums and displaying only 1 view (instead of the many views each post is getting). This is being worked on but may take a couple of days to fix. We apologize for any inconvenience!

***** Gamora (Deadliest Woman) *****

13468912

Comments

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 7,606 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    DAZ0273 said:
    Wolfsbane came in around the time New Mutants was coming out, even though she is more of a comics accurate presentation. I would say that seems to be more the norm when non-Marvel Studios content is coming out and we get a character that feels like a tie in.

    i can’t recall if Cable was introduced in a timely fashion with Deadpool 2, but I think Domino was and she also looks more like the classic comic representation.

    Cable was 2018's Anniversary character. He didn't really tie into either the movie release (May) or DVD release (August). Domino was actually released after Cable in November 2018. I guess you could argue it wasn't coincidence both came out the same year though.
    That's what I mean - they aren't like real tie-ins, but they are relevant to the property characters that come out while the thing is on people's minds. I guess it could be coincidence. And they tend to have the comic look over the movie look. Where was Apocalypse in relation to X-Men: Apocalypse? *edit* - nowhwere near it turns out lol
  • iamxzo
    iamxzo Posts: 65 Match Maker

    IceIX said:

    Relentless Assassin - 6  AP
    Gamora pursues her mark,

    ?????? wearing them down to the point of exhaustion before making her final strike. ??????

    Deals 2067 damage and creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile targeting that character. (Max level 8309 damage)

    (PASSIVE) Each time the targeted character takes damage, increase the timer on the Countdown tile by 1. If the targeted character fires a power while the Countdown tile has at least 10 turns, Gamora deals 4219 damage to that character and the tile is removed. (Max level 16957 damage)
    how does it wear down the opponent actually ?
    it does not give anything between firing and having target attacked many many times, against the time as it is moving down each turn anyway, in the ideal word you need to damage the enemy 6 times when at max level and then you need that enemy to fire a power to "shoot his leg", but if you damage the enemy twice a turn you need 6 turns and time it with him firing a power .....

    I know release is soon but you said you are working on it so here are suggestions to actually wear down the enemy... while on board:
    a) targeted enemy cannot make a match
    b) targeted enemy deals 20%/30%.... less match damage
    c) bleeding (each turn for true damage - synergy with yellow!!!!!! )
    d) if targeted enemy makes a match he does not generate ap
    e) targeted enemy cannot fire passive skills
    ... 

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 7,606 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Finally, it is Bag-Man's time to shine, being the only character in the game who can add turns to a friendly countdown on demand! Look out for that unstoppable Gamora/Miles/Bag-Man meta coming your way any time now...

    *edit* - Miles doesn't generate yellow when webs are matched, so I think we really want to use 2099 here. The combo is as follows: match 7 yellow and 6 black until you have enough to cast Gamora's black, followed by Snarky Remark which will then pump up the CD counter by 4/web tile on the board. Then you know, just I guess wait for them to fire their thing.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 7,606 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will say that this character really wants a teammate who can force an enemy to fire a power and flub it, which is a way more fun way to control AP in my opinion than just attacking it directly as a pool.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 616 Critical Contributor
    iamxzo said:

    IceIX said:

    Relentless Assassin - 6  AP
    Gamora pursues her mark,

    ?????? wearing them down to the point of exhaustion before making her final strike. ??????

    Deals 2067 damage and creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile targeting that character. (Max level 8309 damage)

    (PASSIVE) Each time the targeted character takes damage, increase the timer on the Countdown tile by 1. If the targeted character fires a power while the Countdown tile has at least 10 turns, Gamora deals 4219 damage to that character and the tile is removed. (Max level 16957 damage)
    how does it wear down the opponent actually ?
    it does not give anything between firing and having target attacked many many times, against the time as it is moving down each turn anyway, in the ideal word you need to damage the enemy 6 times when at max level and then you need that enemy to fire a power to "shoot his leg", but if you damage the enemy twice a turn you need 6 turns and time it with him firing a power .....
    It's flavor text.  They get so tired of her following them, that when they use a power, it hurts them (because they were exhausted).
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,641 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    tonypq said:

    I don't see any teams that really need her. None of her abilities are worth trying to build a team around. I don't feel like she's especially good in PVE or PVP. Maybe in PVP SCL 10 you might get her black's bonus damage off once a while, but it's not worth the trouble when you have other characters with better and easier to use black damage abilities, same for her red. She doesn't seem fun to use either, I'm ok with a 5* not being meta, but they should at least be fun and more well put together than Gamora. There's quite a few 5s that aren't meta but are still fun to play like Hela, Yelena, YJ and others. It's really a huge downer when they release 5s like Gamora/Ultron, like I said before especially releasing two absolute duds back to back. 

    It kinda seems they know everyone wants Shang Chi and they just want to release some awful chars so we empty our stashes, but then we need to rebuild them in time for the next chars, that might be slightly better than those two :P

    I don’t really want to believe they would release two duds on purpose but man, they really make me doubt it…

    PS: At this point I just think they don’t know what they are doing anymore or they are super afraid of releasing a char too strong for the game and they just make them deliberately weaker.

    PS: And I am going to repeat, I have never seen a hero collector game where so many new releases are so meh or even awful. Most games want you to chase new chars lol
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    I will say that this character really wants a teammate who can force an enemy to fire a power and flub it, which is a way more fun way to control AP in my opinion than just attacking it directly as a pool.
    I wish Domino had had a power that resulted in a 'flubbed' enemy power, either a passive 'if you have X Ap, when opponent fires a power it misfires doing nothing ' or an active power you fire causing an opponent to misfire a random power, costing them the AP as well. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 7,606 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will say that this character really wants a teammate who can force an enemy to fire a power and flub it, which is a way more fun way to control AP in my opinion than just attacking it directly as a pool.
    I wish Domino had had a power that resulted in a 'flubbed' enemy power, either a passive 'if you have X Ap, when opponent fires a power it misfires doing nothing ' or an active power you fire causing an opponent to misfire a random power, costing them the AP as well. 
    We can still hope for Longshot to enter the game here at some point I suppose.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 1,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    tonypq said:

    I don't see any teams that really need her. None of her abilities are worth trying to build a team around. I don't feel like she's especially good in PVE or PVP. Maybe in PVP SCL 10 you might get her black's bonus damage off once a while, but it's not worth the trouble when you have other characters with better and easier to use black damage abilities, same for her red. She doesn't seem fun to use either, I'm ok with a 5* not being meta, but they should at least be fun and more well put together than Gamora. There's quite a few 5s that aren't meta but are still fun to play like Hela, Yelena, YJ and others. It's really a huge downer when they release 5s like Gamora/Ultron, like I said before especially releasing two absolute duds back to back. 

    It kinda seems they know everyone wants Shang Chi and they just want to release some awful chars so we empty our stashes, but then we need to rebuild them in time for the next chars, that might be slightly better than those two :P

    I don’t really want to believe they would release two duds on purpose but man, they really make me doubt it…

    PS: At this point I just think they don’t know what they are doing anymore or they are super afraid of releasing a char too strong for the game and they just make them deliberately weaker.

    PS: And I am going to repeat, I have never seen a hero collector game where so many new releases are so meh or even awful. Most games want you to chase new chars lol
    It's really simple -- it's the same reason Ultron isn't great.  We desperately need a counter for the damage reduction meta that currently makes all fights take half an hour. 

    They know that, but they don't know the value of the counter power yet.  They're afraid that "ignores damage reduction" is too good.  With Ultron, *clearly* they overvalued it on his red power.

    With Gamora they've gotten closer, but I think her yellow is still not good enough to be an effective counter to the oppressive defensive powers.  We'll see, I guess.


    Eventually, someday, they will give us a guy who just passively turns off all damage reduction, and he'll be good enough to use.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 6,678 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her Introducing... Is out and they didn't make any change.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Gamora: Deadliest Woman......... Except for in MPQ.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 6,678 Chairperson of the Boards
    After playing her Introducing... Here's a few notes:

    1) if you down one opponent using her red power aoe, they won't count that opponent and give you additional attack. You will need to fire red the second time to get the bonus attack.

    2) Her yellow returns your match damage and power damage to "normal". I let Lizard fired his repeaters and noted the damage before and after. Therefore, it will also work against Wanda, Colossus and Odin etc. 

    3) I haven't managed to activate her black power bonus. It will be possible if I let Lizard fire his purple 2-3 times to reduce my match damage. But, why?
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I just done it a couple times and a few things I noticed.
    That yellow doesn't effect protect tiles (at least for match damage). I done multiple matches that and they were all less than what the match damage should have been.
    I couldn't get that black to go off. You are gonna need attack tiles and place it against a character that is gonna regularly fire powers. I just had it at 10 for like 5 turns waiting on the character to fire a power.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 7,606 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did get the black to go off by attacking Lizard who was able to heal himself. When it finally did go off, he was already down to like 70 ht points anyway, so it was kind of a trivial thing. I wish that it would go off when it hits 10 charges, then you could use Shang-Chi or someone to make it go off for you.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 6,678 Chairperson of the Boards
    To add on,

    1) if you down character A with her black power, the countdown will switch to the next character that moves to the front. So, the black power won't target the character that was downed.

    2) Her stun will stun invisible character because it stuns a random opponent.

    3) I have tested her red or black power and match damage while her repeater were on the board and enemy protect tiles were out. It did ignore enemy protect tiles. So, I'm not sure what went wrong in your match.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 7,606 Chairperson of the Boards
    To add on,

    1) if you down character A with her black power, the countdown will switch to the next character that moves to the front. So, the black power won't target the character that was downed.


    So by that you mean if firing the black power is enough to down the opponent before the CD is placed, it gets attached to whoever jumps to the front next? That behaves similarly to powers that damage then stun I think, so that's good. It would be nice if it move on to the next character after it was already out and you down them prior to it going off too though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 6,678 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, that's what happened. Initially, I thought it was a bug but it was targetting whoever moved to the front when I checked the name.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I will say that this character really wants a teammate who can force an enemy to fire a power and flub it, which is a way more fun way to control AP in my opinion than just attacking it directly as a pool.
    I wish Domino had had a power that resulted in a 'flubbed' enemy power, either a passive 'if you have X Ap, when opponent fires a power it misfires doing nothing ' or an active power you fire causing an opponent to misfire a random power, costing them the AP as well. 

    Or. Just maybe. While she is on the board enemies can't get big cascades. Seems pretty lucky to me. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 2,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    The art is great. She looks like a soulcalibur character always slashing, her red seems like a rising slash with a downer dunk (if there is a second hit).
    I checked the friendly damage reduction too. It's needed to see if her partners can reduce it ,but her negating enemy damage reduction makes her valuable. 
    In pick 3 she should be quite popular in a hulkoye team. 
    Apocalypse cannot make a great use of her as both need yellow. 
    In a gritty team she could perform well. 
    She could be in pick 2 with wanda if her yellow doesn't mess with her.

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 7,606 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    [...] 
    In pick 3 she should be quite popular in a hulkoye team. 
    Apocalypse cannot make a great use of her as both need yellow. 
    [...]
    Apocalypse only needs yellow the one time when I'm using him, but Okoye is constantly needing to fuel the yelllow furnace; am I doing it wrong, or are all y'all who say apocalypse competes for yellow doing it wrong?