***** Gamora (Deadliest Woman) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited December 2021 in Character Details

Gamora (Deadliest Woman)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Guardians of the Galaxy

Inspired by Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, the upcoming video game developed by Eidos Montreal and Square Enix in collaboration with Marvel Games, Gamora is the first character in a Marvel mobile game to be inspired from a Marvel console game.

"After killing off nearly the entire Zen-Whoberi race, Thanos adopted its last survivor, Gamora, as his own daughter and trained her to be a fearsome assassin. Following years of doing his dirty work, the Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy grew to resent Thanos, eventually defecting to join the Guardians of the Galaxy."
(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
17213 Health / 69186 Health
 186 | 238 | 31 | 26 | 29 | 212 | 118 | 4.0x
 743 | 955 | 121 | 103 | 112 | 849 | 472 | 4.0x

Bladed Finesse - 9  AP
You'd be hard pressed to find someone more formidable than the Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy with a sword and a grudge. Deals 1477 damage to the enemy team, plus separate blows of 1477 damage to the target for each enemy Downed this mission (to a max of 3). (Max level 5935 damage and separate blows damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 1625 damage to the enemy team, plus separate blows of 1625 damage. (Max level 6529 damage and separate blows damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 1772 damage to the enemy team, plus separate blows of 1772 damage. (Max level 7122 damage and separate blows damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 2068 damage to the enemy team, plus separate blows of 2068 damage. (Max level 8309 damage and separate blows damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 2659 damage to the enemy team, plus separate blows of 2659 damage. (Max level 10683 damage and separate blows damage)
Relentless Assassin - 6  AP
Gamora pursues her mark, wearing them down to the point of exhaustion before making her final strike. Deals 2067 damage and creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile targeting that character. (Max level 8309 damage)

(PASSIVE) Each time the targeted character takes damage, increase the timer on the Countdown tile by 1. If the targeted character fires a power while the Countdown tile has at least 10 turns, Gamora deals 4219 damage to that character and the tile is removed. (Max level 16957 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 2480 damage, and 5063 bonus damage. (Max level 9223 damage, and 18653 bonus damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 2294 damage, and 4641 bonus damage. Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile. (Max level 9971 damage, and 20348 bonus damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 2894 damage, and 5907 bonus damage. (Max level 11633 damage, and 23740 bonus damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 7594 bonus damage. Creates a 4-turn Fortified Countdown tile. (Max level 30523 bonus damage)
Pulse Disruption - 7  AP
Gamora strikes her foe, emitting a concussive wave that knocks enemies off their guard. Deals 1181 damage to the target and creates a 3-turn Yellow Repeater tile that stuns a random enemy for 1 turn when it activates. While this tile is on the board, friendly damage cannot be reduced. (Max level 4748 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 1476 damage. (Max level 5935 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 1819 damage. (Max level 7312 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 2492 damage. (Max level 10018 damage)
  • Level 5: Creates a 2-turn Repeater tile.

Release Schedule

Store Offerings

Deadly Gamora Cover Store - Oct 21-31

• Chance to get Gamora (Deadliest Woman). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Gamora Limited Vault - Oct 21-26

• 40 Items

• 1x Slash and Burn Legendary Store Token

• 1x 4-Star Loki (Alligator of Mischief) cover

• 3x Random 3-Star covers

• 6x Heroic tokens

• 4x 2500 Iso

• 6x 1000 Iso

• 5x 500 Iso

• 14x Two stars

Slash and Burn Legendary Store - Oct 28-Nov 2

• 15% chance to get Gamora (Deadliest Woman), Wolverine (Samurai Daken), Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Release Debut:

Meet Rocket & Groot - Oct 21-25

• Gamora (Deadliest Woman) in placement rewards

Introducing… Gamora - Oct 21-28

Featured Event:

Fight For Wakanda - Oct 24-29

• Gamora (Deadliest Woman) as a progression reward

Versus Tournaments:

Avenging Angel (Angel) - Oct 21-25

• Gamora (Deadliest Woman) shards as a placement reward

The Jade Assassin - Oct 24-27

• Rewards tokens to the Deadly Gamora cover store

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    That Red looks impressive (10K AOE + extra 10K to per downed enemy to 1 target), esp in wave nodes.
    The Black looks interesting too. On the right teams where there is lots of extra damage from AOE, attack tiles etc it will be easy to get the CD to 10 turns to get the mega damage if/when they fire a power. Otherwise it looks quite hard to get it to 1o turns since you need to do 2+ damage sources per turn to get ahead of the CD.
    Her Yellow will make her a great pairing with Electro since she can use the extra Yellow Electro generates to stun lock a team that has an regular AOE user (looking at you iHulk). This power clearly designed to counter Colossus, 5*Switch and others who are reducing damage and since it's tied to the tile and not her, stunning her won't stop the damage from always being full damage.
    Easily the character I want to pair with Shang Chi when opening my latest hoard.
    KGB
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Seems like a 3/5/5. That Black damage is juicy if they don't change it.

And Yellow is anti Beta Ray Bill, Colossus, and Wanda. I like it.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'll be interesting to see what her yellow does to the Switch and Colossus meta.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Is this a change of Character Sneak Peak? Usually, the character and numbers would be revealed on Monday. How is this version of Gamora linked to Half of none...?

Anyway, her red deals AoE + a max of 3 separate blows to the target.   That's around 10k to 30k damage to the target in non-wave.

Her black deals 11k damage + 30k bonus damage. Pairing her with Prof X and Onslaught will cause the CD count to shoot up quickly. 5 Thor could also help speed up the count with his cascades.

Her yellow: an active anti-Colossus, Wanda, Odin etc power that costs 7 yellow aps. 

I would probably pair her up with Colossus and Valkyrie to flood the board with stun repeaters.

5/5/3 for me.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting closer!  Her yellow is a big big improvement over Ultron's red, but I think it's still not good enough.  (Also lol Ultron being *immediately* obsoleted)

Ultimately this power just needs to be on an always-on passive.  The damage reduction powers are always-on passives, why does the negation power have to be an active power that needs to keep an unfortified tile on the board?

Her red is a good concept (an AoE that's usable both early and late game), but non-fed 9ap active powers are just dead on arrival in this meta.

I don't know what her black is meant to do...nobody is casting active powers these days.  It's good damage if you can run the tile up to 10 and if they happen to cast something, but in practice I think it'll be clunky and difficult to execute.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    *This ability is undergoing a final balance pass, details may change.*

Still open for negotiation, I see...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pre nerfed for your convenience.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2021
    Well well, looks like someone went overkill on the eyeshadow makeup again.  :D

Do you guys think that red is better than Infinity Cap's red?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the clue which might have made sense for What if...? Gamora applies how? You guys who "guessed" should really try harder maybe to reverse explain it to us mere mortals.
  • HoundofShadow
    Infinity Cap's red is meant for the last opponent of the match and it uses up all your colour aps, whereas Gamora's red would be useful in wave nodes, and you don't have to wait until there's only one opponent left.

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Is this a change of Character Sneak Peak? Usually, the character and numbers would be revealed on Monday. How is this version of Gamora linked to Half of none...?

Anyway, her red deals AoE + a max of 3 separate blows to the target.   That's around 10k to 30k damage to the target in non-wave.

Her black deals 11k damage + 30k bonus damage. Pairing her with Prof X and Onslaught will cause the CD count to shoot up quickly. 5 Thor could also help speed up the count with his cascades.

Her yellow: an active anti-Colossus, Wanda, Odin etc power that costs 7 yellow aps. 

I would probably pair her up with Colossus and Valkyrie to flood the board with stun repeaters.

5/5/3 for me.

I would say this is clearly released early since it even says in the details that one of the skills is still under testing and could be changed.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    The red is interesting. The black looks to be good - great. Yellow seems to be top tier with the damage reduction negation and random stun every other turn...yellow stun.
    I think that yellow is far more valuable than anything Odin brings. Bypassing damage reduction makes a lot of the newest counters we have seen obsolete.
    Looks like I'll just be waiting until Odin ducks out to get back to pulling LL.
    Clearly a 355 for me to pair with a bunch of teams in pick 3.

edit** I think that black will not be the final numbers because getting that repeater to 10 could be very easy to achieve, and the proc on that damage is big.
  • Anon
    Glad her damage reduction power is on yellow. Any other color and we might have seen the return of iHulkoye.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    she is better than Odin I guess? then again, Odin is weak without Heimdall.

whatever, can't ask for another Shang chi level 5*, right?
  • TheRiddler
    ammenell said:
    she is better than Odin I guess? then again, Odin is weak without Heimdall.

whatever, can't ask for another Shang chi level 5*, right?

Yeah that was what my thought was looking at it was that at least if nothing else its better than Odin so I can feel better when I pull for Shang-Chi.
  • HoundofShadow
    I'm one of the guys who guessed Thanora, who was my 4th-7th guess. Throw enough guesses and one of them might hit?

Anyway, there goes my team of Colossus/Wanda/Ultron for next year Class of 2021. Gamora will replace Ultron then.

And 4* Gamora > 5* Gamora. 

I think the dev deliberately picked yellow for her anti-meta power because they don't want you to team her up with Apocalypse or Okoye. Such powers are usually blue or purple.
  • Anon
    Why does it seem like Ghost Rider is in every other store?
  • TheRiddler
    Anon said:
    Why does it seem like Ghost Rider is in every other store?

Maybe you are thinking of GhostPool as well. Because Ghost Rider was last in a release store a year ago.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 for me also. That red, for 9ap, won't be getting used I don't think. I don't notice any particular Star Lord synergy offhand, but at least she has the Guardians tag. I'm pretty hype, I could see myself using her for stuff. I think that Yellow is going to be the move.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    That yellow looks good. The red is obviously a finisher. 

I’m most interested in that black power though. Getting a CD from 4 to 10 will not be easy by herself. Gonna need some attack tile damage and some repeater damage to help that out. And the extra damage doesn’t come until a power is fired by the target. So you’re probably gonna have to take some damage. Does it activate if Gamora gets stunned? Or thrown into the air? Or is it all tied into the CD and Gamora herself?

I can see her worth breaking the hoard for with Shang-Chi.