Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    You definitely won't put this team against Carbage. And I've been using IM40/Shuri and Sinister/Ronan against 5* opponents and it's awesome to watch them melt many teams. Their other weakness is your typical meta team like Polaris/BRB/Kitty and iHulkoye.

Ronan will tank 266 IM40's colours, even yellow. He will also tank red and blue for Shuri. The colours you are chasing are red, yellow or blue anyway. Shuri has a 2-turn green stun to boot. That's why IM40 and Shuri are awesome for characters who wants to spam green and blue.

In PvE, I'll slap Arc Reactor on IM40 and whichever supports that give +5 yellow ap. Throw in +3 aps and you can fire IM40's yellow twice at the beginning of the game if you are lucky.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can’t help but wonder if Ronan pairs well with Colossus and America due to the extra match damage boost? Does it stack with Colossus?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boosted Ronan, Boosted Hawkeye, and Boosted Heimdall is a super fun team in PVE it turns out
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I just did the same thing!  I think I suggested this team to someone somewhere.

Hawkeye is secretly super broken.  He doesn't get much love because he's slow and he's old, but he makes a lot of combos go.

One cool thing about Ronan: if you kill the enemy he's targeting before his fortified CD resolves, the tile it's in stays fortified.

Edit: I suggested Hawkeye on the previous page of this very thread!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Okay, I went with Ronan/To4ch/Apocalypse in simulator and I like that team. Everything Apocalypse can do is relatively cheap, and he can boost all the other stacking nonsense that goes on. 
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the interesting teams about Ronan! I finally got him champ with the shards and could play with different teams. 
    Ronan-GG-Odin worked better with Ronan champ, because he now tanks blue and red over odin. That means odin is often at the back, and can jump in more often, taking zero damage. 
    I am going to try out other teams. 
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    In this pve, Ronan and Heimdall are both boosted. Oh man, they are a beast (when boosted). I have Ronan-Heimdall- Green Goblin. Once Ronan gets 6 blue and use his Uncompromising Power, he starts to fill the board with his repeater tiles. GG starts to fortify everything, and Heimdall start reducing all the ap costs. And his red starts to do huge damage with all colours fortified. It’s not a fast team because you need 6 blue to kickstart and a few turns to ramp up the repeater tiles. But once it ramps up, the enemy is dead. 
    Another nice thing is that even when Ronan is sent airborne, his uncompromising power still works when Heimdall matches it. Hence, Heimdall yellow can be used to strategically avoid AOE.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    That’s awesome, I was curious if that team would be good. I’m working on Goblin now, so hopefully I’ll be able to run it before too long. Just need 178 more shards, and to spend 3.5 million iso leveling characters and he’ll be done.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Hawkeye/Electro/Heimdall works too.  Electro green makes 3 CD tiles on red, which Hawkeye fortifies, then Heimdall will reduce the cost of either his or Hawkeye's red.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Hawkeye has been getting a workout on my roster this boost week. Even though he isn't boosed in Hydra Stomper's Welcome to Shield, I used him with my un-leveled Banner to beat the Mockingbird/Riri/Decoy node with almost no trouble.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Have you tried torch, Ronan, Wanda?  Covers purple for rainbow, free repeater tile, damage protection for 4*, can AP accelerate Blue, plus occasional free matches and a power boost.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I have; one of the pieces always dies too fast. I really liked Shuri/Ronan/Torch. Making Ronan’s power cost 3 blue reliably is awesome.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I’ve been back in classic waiting on Ronan to leave. Electro is at 2/2/2 and Odin at 1/1/1, still no Shang-Chi.

I’ve champed Loki finally, haven’t used him yet though. Alligator Loki is waiting on iso. 

I’m 236 kingpin shards from champing Daredevil, and 139 Goblin shards from having him at 4/4/4. Sandman is only 10 covers from that final cover, and I’m “only” 2.75 million iso from getting the black quest milestone cover reward on him, so I’m not sure which way to go there.

since 8/17 in Latest I’ve pulled a cover for:
    Lumbercap (champ level)
    OMD (champ level)
    Profe$$or X (champ level)
    Wa5p (3/4/3)
    Iron Man (4/4/2)
    Jean Grey (saved cover, 6/2/1)
    Star Lord (5/3/4)
    Doc Oc (3/2/3)
    Magneto (champ level)

I currently have 15 LTs in the bank.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I...I think it's actually working.

Are you any closer to producing some kind of Unified Theory of Classics?  I know that what I do works but I never cared enough to figure out how or why.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ronan was covered after switching from classics back to latest, correct? Or did I misread.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2021
    Options
    It's certainly starting to feel like it could be working. But I don't know that I have a Unified Theory of Classics quite yet; I think Ronan leaving will let me know if I'm producing the necessary resources to pick up at the halfway point or not since so far he is my only 5* sample. I had a similar number of covers on him last time I did it, around 6 evenly distributed, as I do now on Electro, so I am curious to see what happens on Monday.

What I've been doing is shifting all in to Latest until that next-out is covered, then going back to classic, and splitting my 4 and 5* shard targets to try and close the cover gap on two simultaneous classics. I'm at 42 5* champs now, soon to be 43 after I wrap Daredevil up. I've been making a point to earn all the progression cp that I can, so anything above and beyond that is coming in from champ levels. It appears that I'm earning on average 29.7 cp/day this way, though it's possible I've missed recording a cover or two along the way.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    It's certainly starting to feel like it could be working. But I don't know that I have a Unified Theory of Classics quite yet; I think Ronan leaving will let me know if I'm producing the necessary resources to pick up at the halfway point or not since so far he is my only 5* sample. I had a similar number of covers on him last time I did it, around 6 evenly distributed, as I do now on Electro, so I am curious to see what happens on Monday.

What I've been doing is shifting all in to Latest until that next-out is covered, then going back to classic, and splitting my 4 and 5* shard targets to try and close the cover gap on two simultaneous classics. I'm at 42 5* champs now, soon to be 43 after I wrap Daredevil up. I've been making a point to earn all the progression cp that I can, so anything above and beyond that is coming in from champ levels. It appears that I'm earning on average 29.7 cp/day this way, though it's possible I've missed recording a cover or two along the way.
    30 CP a day sounds pretty substantial but I don't know how it compares to the other methods.

It's probably way too much work to track, but I wonder how much faster your 4* roster is progressing under the new regime.  I think that's the key to the whole thing -- those 4* champ rewards, especially at higher levels, really push up overall CP/LT rewards.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Ronan was covered after switching from classics back to latest, correct? Or did I misread.
    Yes, that's correct. I went back all in on Latest to finish Ronan, then as soon as he hit 450 I went back to saving LTs and using CP in classic. I'll do the same for Electro when he drops out next week.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2021
    Options

30 CP a day sounds pretty substantial but I don't know how it compares to the other methods.

It's probably way too much work to track, but I wonder how much faster your 4* roster is progressing under the new regime.  I think that's the key to the whole thing -- those 4* champ rewards, especially at higher levels, really push up overall CP/LT rewards.
    Yeah it's hard to say, I thought that felt like a lot too but it's actually not even a true picture of it because I didn't account for the cp I'd spent in Latest across that time chasing Ronan - I won't have any way to reverse engineer that because there would have been a good amount of LTs involved on that list. That's just taking the number of Classics I pulled since then and dividing it by how many days have passed since the day I recorded a date. Knull dropped out on 8/23/2021, and I was able to get 38 pulls in latest until Ronan was completed whenever that was. 

Something else slightly different that I've been doing is making a point to shield out in PVP when I hit 1200 even if it's past full season progression. That's also been contributing to my 4* cover growth as well as dropping 50-60 shard slugs on whatever 5* is featured as well. That's usually good for t50 or t100 depending on what's going on.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Yeah, so it's even more than 30 a day. 

This is useful stuff -- I don't think anyone has documented this kind of strategy in detail.  The optimizers have thoroughly mathed out the hoard/latest only route, but a lot of people don't share their goal...they're only following that route because they don't think there's any other viable option.