*** Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) ***

1235»

Comments

• cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    fnedude wrote:
    Officially, I don't remember. I don't believe XDP was in front.

Whenever 3* hits any non-XDP ally, XDP should then activate (because an ally took damage), and then he retaliates.

I don't know what was happening.

I *think* it won't activate if there are no basic black tiles on the board either
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone else noticed that when Yellow is fired and kills something to clear a wave, that the AI thinks you have taken a turn and on the next wave the AI goes before you get a chance to go?

Example Scenario :
    * One goon left on wave 1 of 2.
    * Goon lays CD tile and SS Yellow activates and kills goon.
    * Wave 2 comes up and someone on that team goes first.

Shouldn't the team with SS go before the AI on wave 2? Basically, we lose a turn because somehow the Yellow that killed the goon is sensed as a "turn" by the coding.

Seen this happen countless times in PVE and on DDQ to think it is just a glitch. Something is off with the coding, IMHO.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    LavaManLee wrote:
    Has anyone else noticed that when Yellow is fired and kills something to clear a wave, that the AI thinks you have taken a turn and on the next wave the AI goes before you get a chance to go?

Example Scenario :
    * One goon left on wave 1 of 2.
    * Goon lays CD tile and SS Yellow activates and kills goon.
    * Wave 2 comes up and someone on that team goes first.

Shouldn't the team with SS go before the AI on wave 2? Basically, we lose a turn because somehow the Yellow that killed the goon is sensed as a "turn" by the coding.

Seen this happen countless times in PVE and on DDQ to think it is just a glitch. Something is off with the coding, IMHO.

I would think it makes sense. When you fire a power, your turn continues to the next wave. The enemy fires a power on their turn, triggering Strange's passive, but it is still their turn. You move to the next round and their turn continues. For example, if the enemy places multiple CD tiles, Strange's passive triggers each time, not multiple times once it becomes your turn again.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ahhh. Appreciate it. That makes sense. Either way, Strange is a blast to have on the team.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love 3* Strange (my 5* Strange is only 0/0/4 at 255) and I love using him on nodes where it's at least 2 goons. While I'm building ap for attacks, he's blasting the enemy team into oblivion. I have a champed 4* Punisher and once you get a few strike tiles out, the passive is genuinely ridiculous.
  • Peelman
    Peelman Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    With the latest Strange Sights event, I've finally gotten my 3* Strange nearly covered (only missing 1 blue that I'll eventually get through the vault) ... wow, late to the party on this guy. Really is as awesome as everyone has been saying. As a strictly PvE player, my go-to guy now.

I've really loved pairing him with Patch and Cage. Full color coverage that works pretty well together. I've always used Cage to help keep the match damage down with his red protect tile, and now paired with the healing of Strange, I almost feel unbeatable. Patch's true healing just makes it even easier too. If there's a countdown tile or I know a power is coming that is going to do damage, I try to go for a green or red match to get Patch up front to take the damage. The true healing gets him back to full in no time.

I don't feel like there is enough love for Strange's purple power. I can wait to fire Patch's green until the purple on the board leaves a spot or two for matches. Fire the green, make the purple match, fire Strange's purple, and most of the enemy strike tiles are gone, if not all. As I'm matching away the enemy purple strikes, that is feeding the power that helps me clear the ones I can't reach. Often get to fire it twice. Same concept on Patch's red, I can use Strange's purple to clear the enemy strikes.

The rest of it is pretty self-explanatory. Strange's blue is awesome (can't wait to get him properly covered at 5 rather than the 2 I have now). Then I have Cage's black and yellow as offensive powers. Really works out well for me.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peelman wrote:
    I've really loved pairing him with Patch and Cage.
    That's a great team for 'active' opponents who can make matches against you (non-goons). For Goons only I like to sub out Cage and put in IM40. He makes it so much faster. One cast of Recharge is all it takes to get Patch's red and green strike tiles out, and from there Strange does the rest.

Strange really is my favorite character, at any tier.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I'm a huge fan of Strange. My Big Enchilada team is Strange with 3 Thor and 3 Blade. I usually make it through with almost no damage.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu wrote:
    Peelman wrote:
    I've really loved pairing him with Patch and Cage.
    That's a great team for 'active' opponents who can make matches against you (non-goons). For Goons only I like to sub out Cage and put in IM40. He makes it so much faster. One cast of Recharge is all it takes to get Patch's red and green strike tiles out, and from there Strange does the rest.

Strange really is my favorite character, at any tier.

I agree, Strange is great, but I think Blade is better choice overall than Patch. He makes strike tiles every turn. You can pair in Cyclops for red generation if you want, or use another hero that can generate strike tiles, like Daken, Beast, Black Panther, etc.
  • Tobu
    Tobu Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Hi guys, one question. Who should be in a 3 star Doc Strange team? Because I really like him and his powers, but I dont know how to make a good team with him. Ive been thinking maybe 2 star Magneto in order to create more blue tiles, but I really dont know. What do you guys suggest?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Ps: sorry for the bad english