*** Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) ***

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone championed him to find out whose 4* covers are rewarded?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:

Nova
  • d3guser
    d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    5/4/4 looks like the best build as we will loose 1 AP generation in purple and 700 + damage in Yellow.

Blue is a sure 5 as it can drain up to 9AP in opponent s best color.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    ZeiramMR wrote:

Nova

Do you know the order, stochasticism?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/4/4 looks like the best build as we will loose 1 AP generation in purple and 700 + damage in Yellow.

Blue is a sure 5 as it can drain up to 9AP in opponent s best color.

disagree strongly.

5/3/5 is the best build for most occasions. Sure, it's "only" 700 damage, but it's passive damage on an ability that will trigger an awful lot. It's easily a loss of several thousand damage per match (and more than that against wave nodes or spammy goons). Not worth giving up that much damage for a small buff to a very niche power in purple.

when champed, I could see swapping to 3/5/5 against specific enemies (invis/trap generators), or when paired with an even better stunner (iceman or 4* thor). Otherwise, blue and yellow are much to good to bother about purple.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Is he being added to the Dat required character rotation?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    rocks52 wrote:

The DDQ 3* cover cycle just ended this week so he will likely be added as the last character. Of course it will be Purple.. I have a 0/3/3.. where's my blue!?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    rocks52 wrote:

The DDQ 3* cover cycle just ended this week so he will likely be added as the last character. Of course it will be Purple.. I have a 0/3/3.. where's my blue!?

That was my guess as well. I was super bummed when I saw today was Black Panther. I thought for a minute he might actually be today's.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Top 200 in Strange Sights made him 0/1/1. Two progression rewards in Deadpool PVE made him 0/3/1.

Cool cover distribution.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    FYI
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]For those curious about 3-Star Doctor Strange's addition to Deadpool's Daily Quest character rotation. Here's "subject to change" word from Demiurge:
      "The tentative plan is to add him to the bottom of the list. We just started a new cycle so players should have a couple of weeks to build out the character before it happens."

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54190&start=40#p596770
  • monsieurmojo
    Just noticed Flames and Crimson Bands are boosted by strike tiles. This is going to be pretty ridiculous for PvE.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    blue would be sooo much better if it stole the ap instead of just destroying. and yes, he goes perfect with strike makers. better get your oml strikes out first...
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just noticed Flames and Crimson Bands are boosted by strike tiles. This is going to be pretty ridiculous for PvE.

I actually can't wait to get him max champed. Long road ahead though icon_e_sad.gif
  • monsieurmojo

I actually can't wait to get him max champed. Long road ahead though icon_e_sad.gif

I know! I can't wait, either. I've lucked into a 1/4/4, and he's been a *lot* of fun to play boosted. Playing with Bolt and 4* Blade (2/1/3, also boosted as a new character) is just disgusting. It's not even fair.
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    How would people rank him out of 5, where 0 is awful & 5 is brilliant?
  • monsieurmojo
    rc35 wrote:

I primarily focus on PvE. Through that lens, I see him as a 5. That yellow is just brutal. If you haven't seen what it does when Maggia Don is in the other team, you should.

PvP...that's tougher. His health low, and there are workarounds to the yellow: he can be stunned, passive damaged (Bloodlust or Energy Channeling or your own Flames of the Faltine) to death, or match damage + big nuke to death.
  • RogueZeroOne
    RogueZeroOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I managed to get him to 166 through winning a bunch of covers and lucky pulls + 20 CP for the last cover.
    He is deadly in goon nodes. Every time they drop a tile, flames fire. Even if there is only one goon, just keep it in the back.
    5/3/5.
    I have x-23 in there because she is boosted as well. Saving a lot on heal packs.
    I give him a 5 for PVE so far.
    Haven't tried PVP. Might put him with switch in the current tournament and see.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    rc35 wrote:

His purple is situational (obviously) but I have used it already to get rid of an annoying tile buried in a corner. I have been teaming him with other purple users though without fear of overlap, since it's been rare that I need it so far.

His blue is really good. A stun, AP denial, and decent damage? Yes please.

His yellow passive is worth the price of admission alone and represents a fearsome threat.

4.5 - 5.0
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    I really hope I can get him champed before the next gauntlet run since he'll do wonders against that Prof X, IW Howard team. That one hurt last time because I didn't (and still don't) have War Machine in a usable state and invariably someone got invisible on me long enough to be a bother. Outside of that I can't imagine running him with more than 3 in purple.
  • MightyBP
    MightyBP Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Does anyone know when 3* Strange will be available in Heroic/Elite/Standard tokens? I've been stockpiling, and am just curious as to when I can try for some more covers.