Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Wooooooooow. So I'm not in the Ronan Fan Club ( will champ though) so will hoard once he hits Latest and not pull til he leaves....hence the wow. 28 Pulls before we bid Colossus adieu...
    9 5s for 32%. 5 Scarlet Witch 2 Knull 2 Colossus.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I managed to finish Wanda and have her and Adam to champ + Monica, just need to get some Iso and then figure my next move. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    It's been a couple of days since I was last on the forum. Came back to a ton of notifications to find that the new 5* was Francine Frye, a character I suggested months ago in Speculations and Concepts. I know a lot of people were hoping for the original Electro, but I like this one.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the House of X PVP, my team got 3 defenses all against the same guy. Not sure why he's got it out for me, but keep the points rolling I guess.
  • DAZ0273
    So you go to the Spicy Taco vault to try and get some health packs and your first draw is the 4* cover!  But I wanted some health packs!!!! 😁
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fought a Killmonger/iHulk team with my Switch and Colossus in Electro pvp and I was trying to avoid making any dumb mistakes. They used a Karnak blue team-up which set off a big cascade from one of the criticals and put a ton of charges on Switch. When it was my turn Switch hit Killmonger for like 30k damage to finish him off and then I one-shotted Electro by matching away the critical. I then made quick work of Hulk, checked the leaderboard for my score and then threw up a shield and relaxed. I was curious so I checked the leaderboard again a minute later and I had gained two defensive wins for an additional 15 points which was nice.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Appaently, there's a badge for the sixth anniversary of your entrance in the forums...as I joined the forums six years ago today.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Opened a legendary token, got a 4* cover to add to champion level, rewarded legendary token, got a 4* cover to add to champion level, rewarded legendary token, got a 4* cover to add to champion level, rewarded legendary token, got my first Ronan cover, so back to having everyone in the game rostered. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Was attacked twice in PvP tonight , by a whale with 47 champed 5 stars (450-475) . I have 2. (450)   He lost both times . Possibly he surrendered because I have no rational explanation how he could lose to me .
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Maybe he was trying to get more points. I've been told that if you surrender to a weaker team that the MMR will give you higher points afterwards. I tried it a couple of times, but it didn't work for me. Do you remember the last team you used?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Akoni said:
    Maybe he was trying to get more points. I've been told that if you surrender to a weaker team that the MMR will give you higher points afterwards. I tried it a couple of times, but it didn't work for me. Do you remember the last team you used?
    Hulkoye/Switch   Covered 12/13/12
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably he was using Polaris/BRB and Kitty to take down your team. Your AI matched away their protect tiles and Polaris didn't have any chance to multiply them. Next, they made a match and cascaded into 5 or 6 teamup and it downed their Polaris the next one or two turns. Britty decided to retreat because using one healthpack is better than using three.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was attacked twice in PvP tonight , by a whale with 47 champed 5 stars (450-475) . I have 2. (450)   He lost both times . Possibly he surrendered because I have no rational explanation how he could lose to me .
    If both losses happened very quickly he may have been dumping points.  It's something high-tier PvP players do. 

The lower your score is, the more points you take away from your opponent.  When we want to make attacks on a player hurt more, we repeatedly retreat to random teams to lower our own points then attack the target.
  • HoundofShadow
    I think that happened in shield sim because he's using iHulkoye + SW. So, it's not your regular pvp.
  • DAZ0273
    Probably he was using Polaris/BRB and Kitty to take down your team. Your AI matched away their protect tiles and Polaris didn't have any chance to multiply them. Next, they made a match and cascaded into 5 or 6 teamup and it downed their Polaris the next one or two turns. Britty decided to retreat because using one healthpack is better than using three.

I could see that happening once but twice would be pretty unlucky. Considering the attacking player has 47 champed 5* you would also imagine they would have the tools available to win on the second attack.
    Still - a good mystery to have had!
  • HoundofShadow
    It happened to me before, so I was able to narrate that.   :o
  • sambrookjm
    Seeing what happens when Kitty, Grocket, and Knull are all boosted for the same event.  Fastest clears ever!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Knull’s powers are similar to Hammer Juggernaut in that they benefit a great deal from strike tiles. He would make an interesting solo 5* champ.
  • sambrookjm
    For using Thor/Thanos on the first match in the Dr Doom Lightning Round, I completed the Daily Quests and got 30 shards for The Hood.

Those shards brought Hood up to LVL 259, which gave me 150 shards for 4-star Ghost Rider.

Those shards brought Ghost Rider up to LVL 315, which gave me 100 shards for 5-star Ghost Rider.

Those shards brought 5-star Ghost Rider up to 500 shards, letting me level him up to LVL 452.