FIXED: Crashes on Battle Entry (Android)

124»

Comments

• Jintone
    Jintone Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Works well.  Thanks.
  • foufdewookie
    foufdewookie Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Updated, no more crash. Thank you
  • Bloody_Albatros
    Bloody_Albatros Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    finally .. Update ... no crash anymore
  • carol63
    carol63 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    The update fixed the problem for me too. Can't believe how much faster the game runs than on my ancient tablet running Android 4  :)
  • bobbyfm
    bobbyfm Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    The update works for me also. Thanks!
  • VisionQuest
    VisionQuest Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Wow after so long not playing I forgot what to do haha.  Update appears to have fixed it.

• P_Pal
    P_Pal Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Update worked
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Update Part.... 3? 4? Something like that.

Looks like the update did manage to fix the crash given everyone's feedback and our analytics (seeing people that couldn't/didn't play before that are playing now). We'll be doing a round of compensation for those players that were affected once we make the 228 update Required which will likely be tomorrow or Thursday.  Apologize to those players that were hit by this. We're still not sure what actually *caused* it, so largely just worked around the crash possibility. Still detailing exactly what the compensation will be, but likely to be a standard amount of HP/Iso to affected people.
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    YES, same as well! The update fixed it. <3

Thanks a lot! <3
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    R228 Update worked for me as well, thank you!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    As an update, we *think* that R228 has fixes in that should solve these crash issues. Problem is
    - It's rare (only about 1% of Android players total are experiencing it)
    - It's not tied to device or Android version (tends to be older devices but not always)
    - The crash doesn't leave a debug trace, which means that it's probably something in Android OS that is closing the app "gracefully" as opposed to the game doing something to crash

We'll be giving out compensation for this of course, not sure yet if it'll be blanket or to affected users only. Stay tuned for that. I'll be leaving this up as a Known Issue for now until we figure out if the new version fully fixed it!
    @IceIX

A few weeks ago there was an app issue with Kindle OS.  On the forum it said there would be compensation for the bug.  I don't recall there being any comp sent out.  

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    IceIX said:
    As an update, we *think* that R228 has fixes in that should solve these crash issues. Problem is
    - It's rare (only about 1% of Android players total are experiencing it)
    - It's not tied to device or Android version (tends to be older devices but not always)
    - The crash doesn't leave a debug trace, which means that it's probably something in Android OS that is closing the app "gracefully" as opposed to the game doing something to crash

We'll be giving out compensation for this of course, not sure yet if it'll be blanket or to affected users only. Stay tuned for that. I'll be leaving this up as a Known Issue for now until we figure out if the new version fully fixed it!
    @IceIX

A few weeks ago there was an app issue with Kindle OS.  On the forum it said there would be compensation for the bug.  I don't recall there being any comp sent out.  

@Waddles_Pines
    Can you put in a CS ticket for this citing this post (and the other one if you can find it?) I know there was that Kindle issue a bit back but as far as I know the compensation did go out as scheduled. So if some were missed that'd be great to know and get fixed for people, and CS has the tools to do that.
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to the team for giving all this much. Those HP will surely help me with slots (as a 3* player trying to get in the 4* category... xD )

For clarification: I am Eien Ryuu in the game, it's just that the forum doesn't allow spaces... xD
  • Dashiva
    Dashiva Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Has there been a compensation for this?