Is there a name for those easy teams in PVP when you hit 800 or so?

124»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can explain how the mechanics work but I haven't been a 3* player for a very long time and I have no idea what the game looks like at that tier. 

All the useful advice has come from people who have more recent experience there!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Briman - they were already in the top 10. When I opened them up as retaliation nodes, the available points typically showed 65-68 points for a "Rating Reward". That tells me the game KNOWS they are way above me. 

Yes the game knows, like I said if they hit from above then they only got very little points.

These players don't mind that the target is worth little because there is next to no chance of a retaliation.
    If it makes you feel better @Tanglefoot this is not only an occurence that happens to 3* players. I am a 5* player and I can safely play up to around 500, maybe 575 points before the hits come in - it is not unusual if I have left my team out not too bothered that I will get multiple hits that were worth only small amounts of points but most of these teams are 480+ up to over 500 5* players whereas my highest 5* is 454. They are punching down confident I will not win a retal, sometimes I do, sometimes I skip. So it is not an abberation but it is a consequence of your chosen play style.
    I will also reiterate that if you stay out late unshielded, unless you have teams queued that you can beat efficiently and quickly, you will lose more points than gained to late climbers.