Venom Heroic

Comments

• greggray24 wrote:
    Is there any way to loose points in this event? I swear I was in 3ed and was playing a 300pt game but when I finished it said I only got 15pts and I was in 1st. Confused. This event has become surreal. My strategy is to try to only play when not in first to get the 300pts for as many missions as possible. Now that the reset is about here and I'm in first I find that there are a couple I can't get 300pts for. I guess that as long as I finish the round in first I'm in good shape but it is really hard (or impossible) to pull ahead by more than 300pts. Crazy stuff. Perhaps the best strategy is to hold onto 2nd and save that last 300pt game to jump ahead of first at the last minute - which I'm pretty sure someone just did to me icon_e_sad.gif ...

No. It's PVE event, so there is no way to lose points.
    I somehow managed to get 305pts ahead of #2, and 610pts icon_eek.gif of #3
  • My bracket is a blessing. There's 2 of us playing ping pong widening the gap between 1-2 and 3-10. Thanks Vacken, if you happen to read this.

Formulating a co-ordinated attack would be almost be unfair, since there's no prize difference between 1 and 2.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Is there any way to loose points in this event? I swear I was in 3ed and was playing a 300pt game but when I finished it said I only got 15pts and I was in 1st. Confused. This event has become surreal. My strategy is to try to only play when not in first to get the 300pts for as many missions as possible. Now that the reset is about here and I'm in first I find that there are a couple I can't get 300pts for. I guess that as long as I finish the round in first I'm in good shape but it is really hard (or impossible) to pull ahead by more than 300pts. Crazy stuff. Perhaps the best strategy is to hold onto 2nd and save that last 300pt game to jump ahead of first at the last minute - which I'm pretty sure someone just did to me icon_e_sad.gif ...

Just had the same problem. Mission said it was worth 300, then when I won, it only awarded 15 points. And that's probably the nail in the coffin for my chances of placing top 2
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    You mean you checked the scores and you are certain you only gained 15, or it said you were given 15 at the end of the match? I've had it say the reward was 15 (when jumping into first place) but actually received 300.
  • Same just happened to me, prize advertised was 300, got 15. All remaining missions are now 15. Will stop playing for now and see what is up later. Currently no 1 with over 10k points.
  • I propose to change name to UN-Heroic event - people in this event actually refuse to be a hero - to be in first place. Playing in this event is punishing you when you are a leader. So UN-Heroic is quite adequate name.

icon_e_smile.gif I like almost free iso in this event

Shikao - congrats 1000 HP and first place in our bracket
  • Polkio wrote:
    I propose to change name to UN-Heroic event - people in this event actually refuse to be a hero - to be in first place. Playing in this event is punishing you when you are a leader. So UN-Heroic is quite adequate name.

I spend quite a lot of time at first place, even did one mission for 15 points last time icon_e_wink.gif
    Polkio wrote:
    :) I like almost free iso in this event

Iso is nice, but let's not forget HP (often 200HP per reset) and tokens (got blue Spidey last reset) icon_mrgreen.gif
    Polkio wrote:
    Shikao - congrats 1000 HP and first place in our bracket

I was just lucky to be at right place at right time (meaning #1 when system went crazy). On one hand I am happy to get the rewards (need red IM40 and 1000HP is not easy to pass) while not having to grind like crazy, but on the other hand it's empty victory. As long as I play smart, there is no competition.
  • I'm #1 in my bracket right now, with three unfinished missions. Each is worth 15 points. My best course of action is to wait for someone to overtake me, at which point I will finish one of those missions for 300 points and then wait to be overtaken again.

Luckily, since I've upgraded my IM40 with all the yellows I plan to use, the 3-15 and 16-30 brackets are functionally identical for me.
  • Misguided wrote:
    You mean you checked the scores and you are certain you only gained 15, or it said you were oven 15 at the end of the match? I've had it say the reward was 15 (when jumping into first place) but actually received 300.

That could have happened. It for sure said 15 but I may have gotten the 300. Hard to keep track with these silly amounts of points.
  • At this point it feels odd just grinding for placement in the end of the event. I would love it if some of the leveled prizes reset, as because of the rubber band effect and getting 300 every mission, I'm way past any kind of reward. I figure I'll finish in the 20's, and happily as more IM40 is a good thing for me.

Would just like a little more reward or something more "heroic" than 250 iso or whatever. If these are supposed to be harder, why aren't the rewards bigger? Other than the end of the event obviously.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    You mean you checked the scores and you are certain you only gained 15, or it said you were oven 15 at the end of the match? I've had it say the reward was 15 (when jumping into first place) but actually received 300.

That could have happened. It for sure said 15 but I may have gotten the 300. Hard to keep track with these silly amounts of points.
    I'll put it this way: I'm in 1st with two missions to go. Unlikely that I'll be playing those last two until I'm not - even if they a advertise 300 points.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

I'll put it this way: I'm in 1st with two missions to go. Unlikely that I'll be playing those last two until I'm not - even if they a advertise 300 points.

Pretty much promise that you will get 15 or so if you are in first no matter what they advertise. My situation was slightly different. It said I was in 3ed when I started the game.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

Pretty much promise that you will get 15 or so if you are in first no matter what they advertise. My situation was slightly different. It said I was in 3ed when I started the game.

Well, if you started in third, then finished in first, then I'm guessing you did get the 300 points (unless your scores were all right together), despite what the screen said, no? I know I saw it do the same thing.
  • If you think about it, the rubber banding isn't working at all - everyone (who isn't in first place) gets the same amount of points per mission now - 300. So assuming everyone does all the missions every 12 hours, the positions in the leaderboards will not change, other than first and second swapping and then swapping back.
  • Has Ice weighed in on this?

Is there any official word on what went on?

I can't imagine this is what was intended...
  • Misguided wrote:
    Well, if you started in third, then finished in first, then I'm guessing you did get the 300 points (unless your scores were all right together), despite what the screen said, no? I know I saw it do the same thing.

Makes sense.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    If you think about it, the rubber banding isn't working at all - everyone (who isn't in first place) gets the same amount of points per mission now - 300. So assuming everyone does all the missions every 12 hours, the positions in the leaderboards will not change, other than first and second swapping and then swapping back.

That was the theory I was working on but somehow I have managed to claw my way up to first and our bracket does seem to have a different leader every reset.
    I am currently on 12.7k
  • Okay Shikao, I've finished the board. You can leapfrog me into 1st place now.
  • Think I figured out the discrepancy 'bug'. After taking over 1st place the remaining missions still showed as 300. But then I backed out and checked on the other tournament. When I went back to Heroic mode all the missions were now 'correctly' displaying as 15.
  • My bracket went to sleep I think. 5 missions left to do but no one wants to overtake 1st :\