Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    An 85 AP opening move cascade that took out Gritty/ Prof5 in 2 moves 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Needed 10 shards for next Kitty level after the last PvP gave her shards as placement reward. So I set her as fav, opened four LTs. 4th one ended up being my 13th Heimdall cover so was able to champ him. Between champing Heimdall and the other 4s I got and the Kitty champ level I received 3 LTs. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    A few events ago there was no way in hell that I ever would have played in cl10. But then I had watched some of @PiMacleod's MPQ videos and he pretty much convinced me that with BRB, Th4nos and Polaris I could have a decent chance at beating the harder nodes. But, not gonna lie, cl10 still scared me. So I jumped in expecting that I would get eaten alive and then I would drop back down to an easier clearance level after that. Something weird happened though. I held my own even with just having a few baby champed 5*s. So I could complete pretty much every node at a super casual rate, get decent placement and get all of the progression rewards as well. Sure, I would eat some healthpacks but that's a decent trade off. And then tonight I took t50 in Webbed Wonder so that was pretty cool.
    That's awesome to hear/read!  Glad to know that my vids helped out.

I keep recording and posting vids for certain challenges, so it's nice to know that people are getting something out of it.  Just got done last night doing a vid for the last set of Ultron nodes and boss hits, fighting at the hardest level.  I used a different team each time, and they worked.  It was fun to record, because I basically told myself that I couldn't re-run any strategy during it.  The hope is/was that someone will get other ideas on how to beat Ultron if they don't have obvious easy solutions like Polaris.  Although, I will admit, I started with Polaris, just to get her out of the way, and show how much she rocks Ultron's world.
  • Michael1957
    Pulled my 12th cover of Samurine tonight , which means for the first time in almost 4 years I will fully champ a 5* solely through draws and progression rewards in about 4 days . (305 shards).
    Only my second 5* champ . 
  • Loosie
    Getting my 13th cover for OMD, along with the shards for 5* DP in progression means I have all three LLs champed.

I've been starting to have the one leaving champed before he left, but this is the first time all 3 currently in the store are champed.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's an awesome feeling. Did you play SCL 10 where they were featured and what were your placements?
  • Loosie
    I've been playing SCL 10 since it came out. The enticement of 250 5* shards in progression is just too much to ignore. Even in the more difficult events I've always been able to complete progression.

I don't play optimally though and only recently was able to do full grind on the more challenging CNs, so I'm usually between top 100 and top 200. Meaning I get 300-325 shards per event.
  • Michael1957
    Loosie said:
    Getting my 13th cover for OMD, along with the shards for 5* DP in progression means I have all three LLs champed.

I've been starting to have the one leaving champed before he left, but this is the first time all 3 currently in the store are champed.
    I also see a first time possibility of that , been in CL10 since July.  I have Samurine 12.6, Heimdall 11.2, Deadpool 6 covers . 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been a pretty nice week as I managed to get Shuri to lvl 300 and the 250 shards gave me an Okoye cover for a reasonable 5/3/2 spec and the shards I assigned bagged me a Thor cover so he now sits at 5/4/2 both very useable. I am now sharding Gamora to get her to 300 for Thanos shards and also Black Bolt as he is very close to spitting out a cover via shards which will put both of them in reach of finishing. My roster is starting to shape up ahead of my 5* transition. :)
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I got the 4* after just 3 pulls in the Spicy Vault.
  • Michael1957
    Champed my second 5, 5amurai, never thought it would happen but reaching and playing  CL10 makes it much easier . 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    The boosted list of this week wasn't kind to me - a lot of newer characters I don't have champed yet. The only boosted 4* I have champed was Lady Thor.
    Somehow, people still let me climb up to 900 pts with Lady Thor/IM40 (and some guest appearances of Sabretooth vs Polaris/GRocket teams) in Sting Theory for the Scorpion cover.
    Yay! And here I thought that was only happening when I could use 2 of the boosted 4*s, not a 4* and a 3*. Maybe it's just because it's off-season.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    This morning I used the retro Milestone awards to earn enough 5-star Shards to finish and Champion both Beta Ray Bill and Gambit. I actually first finished Gambit approx. 2 & 1/2 years ago, literally right when he was nerfed, then sold him for 13 5-star tokens which would help me finish and make Okoye my first 5-star Champion. With today's rewards I also added another 5-6 levels to Okoye to bring her up to level 497.
    Some may see it as a waste of shards to finish Gambit, but I only needed 150 Shards, and by finessing the Milestone rewards I was literally able to get exactly that many for him.
    Also BRB and Gambit are my 20th and 21st 5-star Champions, so I'm not exactly hurting for shards ;)
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    Shot in the dark, but I think it's safe to say that everyone's "best MPQ moment of the day" was due to Milestone Quests.  :)
    For sure.

For me champing 5* Strange, DD, and Thanos.

I almost could have squeezed out a fourth classic (Jean or ArchAngel) if I would have played my cards right. Still a nice win for one day.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Thanks to Milestones I champed 

God doom , JJ, banner hulk , Peter Parker and onslaught plus ihulk to 12 covers oh and almost forgot i champed wasp 

Xmas came early 
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    After all the wonderful milestones today went to pull of few latest legends tokens to boost Heimdal the 15 shards he needed for another cover and got 500 bonus shards out of nowhere. So he got two covers. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    Opening "free" milestones after a few weeks of no play. 3 Wasp covers. Made me think "maybe I will back to playing?".
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    Shot in the dark, but I think it's safe to say that everyone's "best MPQ moment of the day" was due to Milestone Quests.  :)
    Champed Havok and Archangel (1 cover each) Prof X (3 covers) and Apocalypse (4 covers) thanks to the shards.  Also managed a champ level for Okoye with Shuri Shards once I set her as my 4-star favorite.  Sped up the champing of those four characters by at least a year.