***** Apocalypse (Classic) *****

18910111214»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    tonypq said:
    Does Apoc's yellow passive boost Immortal Hulk's Green Door ability just like Okoye does ?

As far as I know apoc's yellow boosts the same way as okoye's (any power that has a *deal X damage* component is boosted, but all bets are off when the damage component is keyed to a match, a la juggs and 5* bp black which do not stack with okoye).
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    I tried my 522 Apoc with my Immortal Hulk few moments ago. Apoc at 2 yellow says he should boost friendly powers by 1788. My Hulks Green Door shows it should do 3910 damage. When Green Door went off looks like only the enemy in front takes boosted damage from Apocs yellow. 

The enemy in front took around 5k damage and the enemies in the back took the 3910 Hulks Green Door says it should do. 

I tried my Okoye next, she only has 2 covers in black. Appears the boosted damage on Green Door only applied to the enemy in front as well. 

This was actually the first time I really tried using Apoc or Okoye with Hulk, I just assumed the boosted damage would hit the whole enemy team but I guess not. 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    tonypq said:
    Does Apoc's yellow passive boost Immortal Hulk's Green Door ability just like Okoye does ?

Yes it surely does. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apocalypse adds the damage to all enemies on green door.
    Sinergy with the torch is lethal too.
  • tonypq
    I've found Apoc tricky to use with Immortal Hulk at times. Once Apocs yellow places so many protects, plus any other characters friend or foe putting out special tiles, it often makes Hulks green door hard to pull off since he needs green basic tiles. 

I just champed Apoc finally and in a lot of matches juat his yellow alone quickly turned too many basic green tiles that Hulks green door wasn't going off. Then factoring characters on the enemy team also turning basic greens to special tiles, it can be aggravating for a Apoc/Hulk combo hoping to cause green door mayhem. 

• tonypq
    Anyone tried Apoc, Okoye, Immortal Hulk?

Was curious if Apocalypse and Okoye ability boosting stacked. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    All this time and I just realized why Apoc's anti-stun is so wonky. At the start of the turn he checks for mutants. If there is at least one other mutant he can't be stunned for the rest of that turn. Even if all of his allies are downed during that turn his anti-stun is still in effect. It goes away after the turn is up. I'm sure someone else figured this out long before me, but I'm not reading through 13 pages to find it. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:
    All this time and I just realized why Apoc's anti-stun is so wonky. At the start of the turn he checks for mutants. If there is at least one other mutant he can't be stunned for the rest of that turn. Even if all of his allies are downed during that turn his anti-stun is still in effect. It goes away after the turn is up. I'm sure someone else figured this out long before me, but I'm not reading through 13 pages to find it. 

Yes, the seemingly odd behaviour of his anti-stun passive is largely about order of operations.  The passive checks its conditions and updates once per turn (at the start of the turn).