Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: June, 2020 (Updated 6/24/20)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Rickyc9884
    Rickyc9884 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Loosie said:
    Loosie said:
    First off yay Boss Event!

However for those in alliance families that plan these things out its very short notice. 

This is one kind of snuck up on everyone.
    I’m really not trying to be rude, I’m honestly curious... but what kind of planning going into this? And how much time do you need? There aren’t any extra benefits or rewards for finishing early, so if you don’t start right away tomorrow, how does that hurt your alliance? 
    It's all about planning and trying to maximize the Alliance benefits for everyone. The alliance family I'm part of has 6 different alliances, all with varying degrees of play. It usually based on the season and pledges of how much effort you are going to give for PvP events. When it comes to boss events we ask what everyone's plans for the event. For various reasons not everyone can give their full effort/attention, whether that's roster strength, or just time commitment.

So what it will mean for boss events is shuffling. If you can give your all and complete personal progression and continue further, then we try and group as many of those together so they can get full alliance progression as well to get that extra LL token. There are some members who are casual players but will go all out for boss events.

If we know a few days in advance that a boss event is coming we can go out and ask everyone what they intend do for the event (basically a pledge). It's extra important for Civil War as we also try and find out who is willing to try for full progression on both sides.

It's a lot of work for the Alliance commanders to do this stuff, especially since it's also coinciding with the season start as well. Meaning they just did a big shuffle and alliance assignments. When a boss event happens at the same time there can be a bit of extra work involved with that.

Also there is a benefit to finishing early. The side nodes get harder after every 8 hour slice. So if you can finish early you can be done before those side nodes get really tough. We've typically finished by Saturday AM on events. It also means you can 'take a break' from the game too.
    I wish I could find a good alliance that does boss events I always finish and get max rewards In every event
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know alliances that have mandatory attendance right from the opening bell of all players . By each player just playing 1 node at a time in rotation at the beginning they’re already on Level 5 in a few hours . Their alliance scores are always off the charts and they get the highest placement rewards . 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Great! Boss mode. Luckily we only have 20 members.
    Alliances made for best grinding should take it easy. After all pve stops too.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How much longer till Hellcat is featured in PVE?  It seems like it's been too long.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    How much longer till Hellcat is featured in PVE?  It seems like it's been too long.
    She should be going into stores today with the new season starting. Which means the next time they cycle through the new characters we should get her. But with Karnak being part of the Thanos boss event progression rewards it's likely going to be about 5 events until she's featured again. (I think)
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    FYI, a new Legendary Store opened today with Thor, BSSM, and Havok. 
  • Bad
    Options
    This is the first time a boss event is out without a new 5*. And the most recent one of the 3 is a former latest LL . I find it a really positive change. This way we have boss event and a LL revamp (kind of like I sugested on a post) It would be nice if it continues regularly.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    This is the first time a boss event is out without a new 5*. And the most recent one of the 3 is a former latest LL . I find it a really positive change. This way we have boss event and a LL revamp (kind of like I sugested on a post) It would be nice if it continues regularly.
    It's not the first time, but it's certainly been a while.  

There have been a few boss events that handed out LTs instead of tokens to a new release store for a 5.  Back about a year and a half ago, maybe, they used to run boss events a lot more often (once a month or so) to increase event variety, and there were definitely ones being run without 5's (when 5's were every 6 weeks or so instead of every 4 weeks).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From my PoV, regular updates, at this point of time, mean they are more or less done with those new updates they've been working on. I can't wait to see them soon.
  • gemstony85Joey
    gemstony85Joey Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dat required character 6/26 - 6/30:

6/26: Magneto
    6/27: Ragnarok
    6/28: Spiderman
    6/29: Iron Man
    6/30: The Punisher
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I know alliances that have mandatory attendance right from the opening bell of all players . By each player just playing 1 node at a time in rotation at the beginning they’re already on Level 5 in a few hours . Their alliance scores are always off the charts and they get the highest placement rewards . 
    There are no placement rewards in alliance events. There's personal progression rewards and round alliance rewards
  • Bad
    Options
    Maybe this is the first time the tokens are LL tokens. I appreciate that a lot it was of great help to me champing Ihulk :)
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Bad said:
    Maybe this is the first time the tokens are LL tokens. I appreciate that a lot it was of great help to me champing Ihulk :)
    They have definitely run boss events just like this before.  Not tied to a release, giving away LL tokens.  The extra CP store running alongside may be a first, but in the end it's possible that LTs are more valuable to players than new release tokens anyway, nowadays, given the pace of releases.

-------

Not that it is surprising, but the Iceman PVP is up for pre-joining and confirms he is next.  3 Loki looks like the next one, and is also part of the Pride Month theme.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yep, Loki is next pvp. Looks like Peggy after that.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    MackDan1 said:
    Yep, Loki is next pvp. Looks like Peggy after that.
    Peggy gets featured a lot around the 4th of July.....she also is the 4E in the upcoming (unannounced) PVE.